ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 71
« First < 41011121314 151617182464 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson being accused of sexual assault?
staylor26 08:45 PM 03-16-2021
Easterby made the call?

[Reply]
jettio 10:22 AM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Oof. There actually do appear to be text messages from Watson apologizing for making a couple of the accusers feel uncomfortable.
Watson's attorney can argue that the text apology mitigated damages by several tens of thousands of dollars.

Watson's attorney needs to present evidence on how many Instagram marketed masseuses will play with a dick.

That would be hilarious if he had dozens of examples.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:23 AM 03-19-2021
The coordination of these lawsuits hurts the victims cases, I don't doubt that Deshaun acted a little too strongly towards them, given his money, success and stature he probably thought they wanted him to come on as an alpha, but expecting 7 suits to come out within a week or two of each other downplays the severity of the issue to more than a settlement and a slap on the wrist. It likely ruins Deshaun's trade demand or at least diminishes his destinations from what he wants, to whatever team will take the PR on in the trade which I'm sure their will still be suitors. We need to understand severity when dealing with these cases, if you're a masseuse, and you see people naked all the time, or at least naked under a sheet, don't be surprised when you see a penis, when one grazes your arm or hand, and as a woman in this world you shouldn't think a forced kiss would net you millions of dollars in "damages". Do women deserve to be taken seriously? Yes. Do they deserve millions of dollars for allegations that these specific women are saying? No. Get what you can take ladies, congrats on the score and I hope you can heal from the trauma. The media will tell you you're doing the right thing, I will say you're using your gender, sexuality and a hyper-sensitive time in our culture, to get as much as you can from something that you and I both know isn't that big of a deal. Deshaun Watson is a far cry from Bill Cosby and Harvey Weinstein, we joke about it, but Deshaun's not laughing, he's just the latest to get caught.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:27 AM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
Watson's attorney can argue that the text apology mitigated damages by several tens of thousands of dollars.

Watson's attorney needs to present evidence on how many Instagram marketed masseuses will play with a dick.

I’d like to call my first expert witness: Bob Kraft
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:41 AM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
The coordination of these lawsuits hurts the victims cases, I don't doubt that Deshaun acted a little too strongly towards them, given his money, success and stature he probably thought they wanted him to come on as an alpha, but expecting 7 suits to come out within a week or two of each other downplays the severity of the issue to more than a settlement and a slap on the wrist. It likely ruins Deshaun's trade demand or at least diminishes his destinations from what he wants, to whatever team will take the PR on in the trade which I'm sure their will still be suitors. We need to understand severity when dealing with these cases, if you're a masseuse, and you see people naked all the time, or at least naked under a sheet, don't be surprised when you see a penis, when one grazes your arm or hand, and as a woman in this world you shouldn't think a forced kiss would net you millions of dollars in "damages". Do women deserve to be taken seriously? Yes. Do they deserve millions of dollars for allegations that these specific women are saying? No. Get what you can take ladies, congrats on the score and I hope you can heal from the trauma. The media will tell you you're doing the right thing, I will say you're using your gender, sexuality and a hyper-sensitive time in our culture, to get as much as you can from something that you and I both know isn't that big of a deal. Deshaun Watson is a far cry from Bill Cosby and Harvey Weinstein, we joke about it, but Deshaun's not laughing, he's just the latest to get caught.
Alleged to have forced one of them into oral. Not exactly an accidental graze of the hand.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:44 AM 03-19-2021
Alleged to have forced one of them into oral. Not exactly an accidental graze of the hand.
Well we'll wait until the evidence comes out. I would be intrigued to hear how he was able to accomplish that by her testimony.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:52 AM 03-19-2021

Sexual assault is real. Victims should be heard, offenders prosecuted.

Individuals fabricate stories in pursuit of financial gain often. Their victims should be heard, and those offenders also prosecuted.

I simply hope we keep this same energy with the truth.

— David Mulugheta (@DavidMulugheta) March 19, 2021

[Reply]
wazu 10:53 AM 03-19-2021

Interesting angle. I would think texting an apology, even though well-intentioned, would do nothing from a legal standpoint other than to serve as a confession that he acted inappropriately. If it's already established that he did something wrong, then yeah, it might lighten the sentence. But in this case it corroborates her claims to some degree.

I also can't see any value in pointing out that there are other massage therapists on Instagram who would be fine with doing what Watson wanted. If the defense is making a case that the plaintiff's are all lying about what happened, it would seem odd to try to build evidence that Watson was in the right by assuming they were all prostitutes.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:07 AM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Women are such barbies these days. Everything makes them uncomfortable. Can't even give them a compliment without them bitching.
Irritates me when you walk past a woman and make incidental eye contact, and to not be rude, you give a head nod or say hi and they roll their eyes or purposely ignore you like you're trying to get at them or something.

I get it, some women are use to creepers hitting on them. Saying hi isn't hitting on you, and quite frankly, had you not been starring at me i never woulda said shit in the first damn place. Fucking weirdos.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:10 AM 03-19-2021
Havent followed this much, but it sounds like Deshaun thought he was buying some rub n tugs. Which, tbh, most masseuses that will go to your house and massage you naked are probably giving rub n tugs.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:15 AM 03-19-2021
That clubs rapid decline is absolutely astonishing, from perennial playoff team to absolute joke in just one year
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 11:34 AM 03-19-2021
So is this 7 total lawsuits so far or 9? I heard someone say its 9, but I've only heard about the 7. Didn't know 2 more came out on top of the 4 from this morning.
[Reply]
jettio 11:36 AM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Interesting angle. I would think texting an apology, even though well-intentioned, would do nothing from a legal standpoint other than to serve as a confession that he acted inappropriately. If it's already established that he did something wrong, then yeah, it might lighten the sentence. But in this case it corroborates her claims to some degree.

I also can't see any value in pointing out that there are other massage therapists on Instagram who would be fine with doing what Watson wanted. If the defense is making a case that the plaintiff's are all lying about what happened, it would seem odd to try to build evidence that Watson was in the right by assuming they were all prostitutes.
I was kidding. Considering how much money Houston is paying Watson, these claims likely do not get litigated in a trial.

I think it would be interesting to know more about this idea of how these ladies market their services.

Do the women use their attractiveness in marketing themselves on social media and are they only looking at men with money for clientele?

Do some of them use additional marketing and have male and female clients and charge reasonable market prices?

I could see a lady that considers it strictly professional massage to not want to be treated like a sex worker and that causing some measurable damages, but it would be interesting to know if there are some who see themselves as sex workers and if they use the same marketing.

It seems like these ladies should each hire a different attorney to represent their case alone and who acted more professionally.
[Reply]
wazu 11:40 AM 03-19-2021
I was kidding.
Okay, hard to tell in this thread. Lotta people riding for poor, unfairly accused Deshaun.
[Reply]
jettio 11:44 AM 03-19-2021
A few of this agent's clients have been getting into some messes lately. He needs to do a better job of screening who he represents or give them some advice on how to avoid scandals.

It should not all be about materialism and celebrity.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:50 AM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Irritates me when you walk past a woman and make incidental eye contact, and to not be rude, you give a head nod or say hi and they roll their eyes or purposely ignore you like you're trying to get at them or something.

I get it, some women are use to creepers hitting on them. Saying hi isn't hitting on you, and quite frankly, had you not been starring at me i never woulda said shit in the first damn place. Fucking weirdos.
Had you heard how suggesting people smile is now a microaggression?
[Reply]
Page 14 of 71
« First < 41011121314 151617182464 > Last »
Up