ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 108 of 138
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 02:28 PM 03-14-2021
Tampering period ends tomorrow. Post all the signings in here.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 01:26 PM 03-25-2021
Don’t be shocked if the Chiefs circle back to Sammy. I too am frustrated by his lack of ability to stay on the field, but at this point one would think you can get him for half of what they paid him last year and chances are he will be a tad healthier and hopefully when it counts. When the guy plays he’s a great complement to Hill and Kelce. Build a bully on the offensive line early in the draft, and use the rest of your picks to add to the athletic talent on defense.
[Reply]
O.city 01:27 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
How is that any different from the WR2 spot where we would’ve paid 8 mil for a 1 year stop gap?

Is LT not more of an immediate need than WR2?
I wasn't a big fan of the one year bandaid for that much on anyone. If I'm doing that, just play a younger drafted guy. But I also think with the 1 year WR guy, we'd get more bang for out buck than for one of those LT's still out there.

Yeah, LT is of way more need, but I don't think paying for a dude that's not very good just in case the rookie we draft isn't ready day 1 is the way I'd go.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:31 PM 03-25-2021
Robinson had a career high in yards and catches last season
[Reply]
staylor26 01:33 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I wasn't a big fan of the one year bandaid for that much on anyone. If I'm doing that, just play a younger drafted guy. But I also think with the 1 year WR guy, we'd get more bang for out buck than for one of those LT's still out there.

Yeah, LT is of way more need, but I don't think paying for a dude that's not very good just in case the rookie we draft isn't ready day 1 is the way I'd go.
I wouldn’t say Okung is “not very good” though. When healthy, he’s well above average.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:34 PM 03-25-2021

[Reply]
htismaqe 01:34 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by Lilmrp117:
Upgrading the interior OL is nice but the problem with bringing back a lot of our guys is that we badly needed upgrades to some of those positions. I don't know how they can be comfortable with Robinson as WR 2 and Taco as a starting DE or Niang at LT. Also, the LBs still suck outside of possibly Gay stepping up. These are way too many holes to fill for one draft.
They're not done.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:35 PM 03-25-2021

Opposed to....? Drafting a rookie who may not be ready day 1 and and then having nothing behind him while sitting on 20M of cap space because reasons?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:37 PM 03-25-2021
It's 8 mil off this years cap on a guy that you hope holds down the spot long enough to get a young guy up to speed.

It's a waste of resources when you can roll that 8 million over and just play the rookie.
Wow.

$8M on a $185M cap is a "waste of resources" but 2 first round picks and more for a guy that MIGHT be able to start at LT in September is smart money.

:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:38 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Opposed to....? Drafting a rookie who may not be ready day 1 and and then having nothing behind him while sitting on 20M of cap space because reasons?
Hey, at least you're not wasting resources.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:40 PM 03-25-2021
O.City’s logic is very off today.

I think he’s getting high at work.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:41 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
O.City’s logic is very off today.

I think he’s getting high at work.
I know I would be.

[Reply]
RunKC 01:42 PM 03-25-2021
Veach is obviously letting Okung sit to build leverage.

I would put incentives in that contract bc we know that ****er isn’t gonna make it through.
[Reply]
jettio 01:43 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Robinson is a damn good player but for the love of god please D Rob quit running sideways after you catch the ball
But there was that one play a couple seasons ago where he ran all the way across the field in the 2-minute drill to get out of bounds and get a key clock stoppage, He probably got a few too many "good job" for that and it affected his judgment since. But that was a huge effort play that was big.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 01:58 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Robinson signed for the vet minimum. You gotta think that he took a discount to stay here. He could’ve gotten more elsewhere
Doubt it. Not this year with the cap situation for every team the way it is. He didn't get any attention last year when he went out in FA either.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:01 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
But there was that one play a couple seasons ago where he ran all the way across the field in the 2-minute drill to get out of bounds and get a key clock stoppage, He probably got a few too many "good job" for that and it affected his judgment since. But that was a huge effort play that was big.

[Reply]
Page 108 of 138
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118 > Last »
Up