ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 102 of 138
« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 02:28 PM 03-14-2021
Tampering period ends tomorrow. Post all the signings in here.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:04 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Andy Reids history doesn’t agree with you.

He had 2 left tackles his whole time in Philly and has had 2 (including Albert) his time in KC. If it weren’t for the Achilles year, Fisher would still be here negotiating an extension.

Nobody drafts a left tackle with intention to let him walk after his rookie deal expires. First round left tackles are almost always looked at as 10 year fixes.
Andy was in Philly for 10 years and had TWO LT's. I'm sure you can handle elementary math, right?

It really doesn't matter how they're "looked" at. Andy has NEVER had a left tackle nailed down for a "decade". That's actually reality, not some BS fantasy.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:06 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
You’re being dramatic.

We have chosen exactly where we are at this point. If Veach was desperate in any way we would have signed a guy like Okung or Villanueva by now...or made an offer to Reiff.

Missing out on signing a guy like Silverback is disappointing, but there are still many ways to upgrade the LT spot without “getting fucked”.
Every team in the NFL knows that if we're trading up, we're trading up for a LT.

So they're either going to give up a shitload of picks to trade up or they're going to stand pat and you're going to be disappointed.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:07 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
They're pretty much either going to have to trade up for a LT or sit and take one at 31.
Or take a CB at 31 and watch the meltdown ensue.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:09 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Yup.

I don't think that's boxed in.

That's two options. The only people who feel boxed in are those on this BB are those who feel adamant that we draft a Edge guy at 31. I would prefer using our first round pick on a playmaker, but missing out on Williams (which may be a blessing) and not going after a guy like Reiff (which many of the same people agreed with) has us looking at OT in round one.

It's not a bad place to be when you have pick 31. It not like we have to blow a top 15 pick on a linemen.
Dude, people here want to trade this year's first AND next year's first to get a top 15 pick and then spend it on an offensive lineman.

I can guarantee you the Chiefs don't feel boxed in and I can also guarantee you they don't AT ALL feel boxed in. It's going to be crazy on draft day when they stay at 31 and draft a WR or DE instead of a LT.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:11 AM 03-25-2021
Malcolm Butler to the Cards
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:13 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’ve learned that guys like Eric Fisher and Garrett Bolles who have excellent athleticism aren’t going to be necessarily the best option.

I want size, smarts and technique first and foremost. If a guy isn’t the most athletic then I can understand it. Guys like Fisher and Bolles had poor technique and it killed them for years.

Meanwhile a guy like Schwartz who wasn’t the most athletic guy had adequate technique but learned from Joe Thomas and became a ****ing savant there.

God watching Schwartz shut down Von Miller time and time again was just a thing of beauty. And Von was so much faster then Mitch but it just didn’t matter bc Mitch had elite technique. He mastered hand placement, leverage and stance. He was so smart and recognized moves and just out maneuvered those guys.

Get me the best tackle with technique that’s available and have them go to Mitch’s house all summer
What I have read lately/seen lately about Radunz is how good/clean his technique is. Ideally, you get a guy with great athleticism AND great technique.

I'd agree that I generally would take great technique first, though. It's more important than raw athletic ability. But if you can get good technique (or a guy with the foundations of it) and more athletic upside, I'd take that.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:13 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
What I have read lately/seen lately about Radunz is how good/clean his technique is. Ideally, you get a guy with great athleticism AND great technique.

I'd agree that I generally would take great technique first, though. It's more important than raw athletic ability. But if you can get good technique (or a guy with the foundations of it) and more athletic upside, I'd take that.
If they take Radunz at 31.....I’m good with it.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:14 AM 03-25-2021
WR Willie Sneed visiting the Raiders
[Reply]
thabear04 11:24 AM 03-25-2021
Zach Fulton signed with the Giants.
[Reply]
Wilson8 11:27 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by thabear04:
This is what I found.

https://overthecap.com/collective-ba...nt/article/27/

Section 7. Four-Year Player Qualifying Contract
(a)
For purposes of this Article, a “Four-Year Qualifying Player” shall be defined as a player with four or more Credited Seasons whose contract with a Club has expired after four or more years of continuous, uninterrupted service with that Club (i.e., the player must have been under contract to that Club and on that Club’s 90-player roster for the immediately prior four or more consecutive League Years without interruption prior to the contract’s expiration. For the purposes of determining whether a player qualifies as a Four-Year Qualifying Player in accordance with the immediately preceding sentence, a player must have been on the Club’s 90-player roster for every regular season and postseason game in which the Club participated during each of the four consecutive League Years.) Such a player may sign a Four-Year Qualifying Contract, which shall be defined as a Player Contract that covers only a single League Year and contains a Paragraph 5 Salary for up to $1.25 million more than the applicable minimum Active/Inactive List Salary for a player with the Four-Year Qualifying Player’s number of Credited Seasons for the 202021 League Years and, in the case of a split contract, for up to $1.25 million more than the applicable minimum non-Active/Inactive List Salary for a player with the four-year Qualifying Player’s number of Credited Seasons for the 2020-21 League Years. In any League Year, a Club may sign a maximum of two Four-Year Qualifying Players to Four-Year Qualifying Contracts; provided, however, that the combined amount by which the players’ respective Paragraph 5 Salaries may exceed the players’ respective minimum Active/Inactive List salaries or, in the case of a split contract, the players’ respective minimum nonActive/Inactive List salaries, shall be limited to a total of $1.25 million. For example, without limitation to other examples, in the 2020 League Year, a Club may sign one player for $1.0 million more than his applicable Minimum Salary and a second player for $250,000 more than his applicable Minimum Salary. In the case of a split contract, under no circumstances may the difference between the player’s stated “down” amount and the Minimum Salary for a player not on Club’s Active/Inactive List be greater than the difference between the player’s stated “up” amount and the Minimum Salary for a player on Club’s Active/Inactive List. A Four-Year Qualifying Player Contract must be so designated at the time of signing. A Four-Year Qualifying Player shall be eligible to receive Additional Compensation subject to the terms and conditions of Sections 2 and 3 of this Article; provided, however, that such a player may receive a guarantee for salary and/or salary advance of up to the Four-Year Qualifying Player’s stated Paragraph 5 Salary. A Four-Year Qualifying Player Contract may not be extended or renegotiated in any manner except as provided in Section 11 below.
(b)
The maximum combined amount by which a Club’s two Four-Year Qualifying Players’ respective Paragraph 5 Salaries may exceed the players’ respective minimum Active/Inactive List Salaries or, in the case of a split contract, the players’ respective minimum non-Active/Inactive List Salaries shall be increased to $1.35 million for the 2022-23 League Years; $1.45 million for the 2024-25 League Years; $1.55 million for the 2026-27 League Years; $1.65 million for the 2028-29 League Years; and $1.75 million for the 2030 League Year.
Good information!

Demarcus Robinson had a contract like this last year.

This type of contract allows the NFL team to be charged less for the Cap hit. It also allows the player to probably be on the team for the next season because of guaranteed money.

If you look at Daniel Sorensen's 2021 contract he gets paid $2,325,000 for a base plus $137,500 bonus, and the cap hit for the Chiefs is only $1,212,500. If we should cut him though, the dead money would be $2,462,500 which is (base + prorated bonus).

If a team is pretty sure of the player, it is a good deal for the team plus allows a veteran player to be kept.

Contract info from -
https://overthecap.com/player/daniel-sorensen/3424/
[Reply]
siberian khatru 11:31 AM 03-25-2021

TY Hilton told @PatMcAfeeShow that the #Ravens made a serious push to sign him and he came close to finalizing a deal with them. They offered more money than what he ultimately got from Indy.

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) March 25, 2021

[Reply]
siberian khatru 11:33 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Every team in the NFL knows that if we're trading up, we're trading up for a LT.

Kyle Pitts is gonna blow your mind.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:34 AM 03-25-2021
In other words, Hilton had no intention of leaving Indy.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:35 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Kyle Pitts is gonna blow your mind.
:-)

Pitts is going way before we can pick. He might be a top 6-7 pick at this point.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:35 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

So they're either going to give up a shitload of picks to trade up or they're going to stand pat and you're going to be disappointed.
Every team in the league knew we wanted a QB in 2017 but yet we traded up. Half of these teams don’t give a shit bc they aren’t in our conference.

Andy Reid’s tree is damn near 1/3 of the league now anyway. That’s what partially got us Patrick.

Only thing that sucks is every team from pick 21 through 27 is AFC. Though that might not deter a team like the Jets or Jags from securing an extra pick to do their rebuild.
[Reply]
Page 102 of 138
« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106112 > Last »
Up