7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:11 AM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
What if it was Tatis or Soto?
I don't think you'd hear anyone complaining if you got Soto even though it's for only a few years for Witt Jr.

Royals aren't acquiring the Tatis contract.
[Reply]
cmh6476 01:32 PM 03-09-2021
Is it a problem that we don't have any lefties in the bullpen on the official depth chart?

https://www.mlb.com/royals/roster/depth-chart
[Reply]
nychief 03:13 PM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
Is it a problem that we don't have any lefties in the bullpen on the official depth chart?

Dick Lovelady is somewhere.... plus wouldn't be shocked to see Duffy in the PB at some point this year.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 03:15 PM 03-09-2021

Not as big of a deal since a pitcher has to face 3 batters now.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:28 PM 03-09-2021

Here's your daily Bobby Witt Jr. highlight. #Royals pic.twitter.com/x2pEJDDrw0

— Craig Brown (@CraigBrown_BP) March 10, 2021

[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 03:51 AM 03-10-2021

I think Duffy ought to go to the bullpen! He'll have one good start then 6 bad ones! Like his fire, but hitters figure him out after the 1st at-bat!
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:55 AM 03-10-2021

I wouldn’t put too much stock in the depth chart right now.

They’ll take a lefty north with them out of ST. I’d guess it’s our old friend Richard Lovelady.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:41 AM 03-10-2021
Interesting piece in the Athletic about Alex Marsh by Alec Lewis.

Originally Posted by :
Then Matheny showed up in October 2020 to Kauffman Stadium and watched scores of Royals prospects compete in the fall camp. He couldn’t believe what he was seeing from Marsh, another pitching prospect from a different draft. It wasn’t just about the fastball, which has touched 99 mph, per a Royals official. Nor was it about the change-up or the curveball or the slider, or Marsh’s ability to locate them all. It was also about the way he looked.

About Marsh’s build. His attitude. And his presence.

“The heart,” Matheny said. “The competitor. He’s strong as an ox. He’s just, you look at him, and that’s the kind of guy — with that body type and pitch type — he could be around the game for a long time.”

Now here is Marsh at spring training, standing on the mound in Peoria, Ariz., throwing 98 mph fastballs over and over against the San Diego Padres.

This was a few days ago, Marsh’s first Cactus League outing, and he was pitching with a purpose.

“It was nice to see him get out there and throw his name in the mix with everybody else,” Matheny said. “I think that’s what he wants.”

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:49 AM 03-10-2021
Uh oh. Some are starting to say Witt is MLB ready right now.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...suewYZ9ytTnSoM
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:10 PM 03-10-2021
https://theathletic.com/2436530/2021...021-keith-law/

30 MLB prospects I can’t wait to see in person in 2021: Keith Law

Kansas City Royals: Jon Heasley, RHP

Nick Pratto is probably the bigger name to watch, as the Royals raved about the progress he made with his swing at the alternate site last year, but I’m more intrigued by Heasley because I’ve never seen him (while I have probably seen Pratto too much). Heasley was a 13th-round pick out of Oklahoma State, whose coaches did him no favors, but blossomed into a four-pitch starter with better command and control once he got into pro ball. The Royals have many, many starters ahead of him on their depth chart, but perhaps the promotions of their top picks from that same 2018 draft class, including Kris Bubic and Brady Singer, will make room for Heasley to continue to work as a starter.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 04:27 PM 03-10-2021
I just have a feeling that Witt is gonna be our first prospect in a long time to dominate from day one.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:38 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Interesting piece in the Athletic about Alex Marsh by Alec Lewis.
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
https://theathletic.com/2436530/2021...021-keith-law/

30 MLB prospects I can’t wait to see in person in 2021: Keith Law

Kansas City Royals: Jon Heasley, RHP

Nick Pratto is probably the bigger name to watch, as the Royals raved about the progress he made with his swing at the alternate site last year, but I’m more intrigued by Heasley because I’ve never seen him (while I have probably seen Pratto too much). Heasley was a 13th-round pick out of Oklahoma State, whose coaches did him no favors, but blossomed into a four-pitch starter with better command and control once he got into pro ball. The Royals have many, many starters ahead of him on their depth chart, but perhaps the promotions of their top picks from that same 2018 draft class, including Kris Bubic and Brady Singer, will make room for Heasley to continue to work as a starter.
I don't know what it is, but it sure seems like the Royals have found a secret sauce with all these college pitchers.

They're making small tweaks and then seeing guys just jump up like crazy. Very different than the 2006-2010 approach of "throw a bunch of money at raw high school guys with projection and hope it works!"
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 04:58 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I don't know what it is, but it sure seems like the Royals have found a secret sauce with all these college pitchers.

They're making small tweaks and then seeing guys just jump up like crazy. Very different than the 2006-2010 approach of "throw a bunch of money at raw high school guys with projection and hope it works!"
The recent write up on Alec Marsh indicated that there is also something of a culture of competition amongst the 2018 guys that have affected the subsequent (and lesser known) draftee pitchers as well. Feeding off of one another's success and competitiveness.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:02 PM 03-10-2021
You know...

IF this pitching staff is better than projected...

You may have to bring Witt up. I mean, if it looked like you're a play-off team. Now I know, that's definitely homer glasses. But I'll be damned if there aren't suddenly a handful of serious pitching prospects that look like plus guys.

But otherwise, no, I wouldn't give up the year of service.
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:08 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You know...

IF this pitching staff is better than projected...

You may have to bring Witt up. I mean, if it looked like you're a play-off team. Now I know, that's definitely homer glasses. But I'll be damned if there aren't suddenly a handful of serious pitching prospects that look like plus guys.

But otherwise, no, I wouldn't give up the year of service.
What did Lou Brown say in Major League? Something like

"And the young guys are coming around quicker than I thought. There's two or three potential All Stars in there. I'm telling you, I think we're a contender". Or something like that?

Yeah, I could easily see a scenario where we're feeling like that in July. Lots has to go right but we're not exactly in the NL West. Stranger things have happened.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 440
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Up