ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 66 of 141
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076116 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Missing Planeteers
Buck 09:51 PM 06-09-2016
Who are some CPers that you miss that aren't confirmed dead, but probably are?

The obvious ones are FAX, Skip Towne, and Mr Blond.

Who else?
[Reply]
Radar Chief 09:01 AM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yeah, he was one of my favorites. Got me primo seats to the Chiefs/Donx game in 2003.

While I haven't heard anything out of him in years, there's no reason to read anything into it. I think he just tired of the board and moved on. I certainly hope he is well.
Well I certainly understand that one.

Originally Posted by alanm:
Hack was here bout a year and a half ago. He was still running dogs in Afghanistan. I seem to recall his home base was in Illinois. Don't know if he is back home yet or not.
Thanks for the update.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:28 AM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Yeah the panhandle is a different story for sure, we drove the Outlaw Trail Scenic byway all the way to Valentine last fall, visited Fort Robinson, Carhenge and Scottsbluff National Monument. The landscape definitely changes as well, it's basically east Wyoming out there...no complaints from me. :-)
My grandparents lived in Kearney for about 20 years.

Always enjoyed the place. Saw Jaden Scwhartz play a hockey game up there for the USHL before he was big shit and remembered who he was because he was just clearly better than everyone else on the ice.

Played a whole lot of football w/ the uncles/cousins at that little park w/ the tennis courts and the kinda strange concrete creek thing that runs around the little nature area in the middle. And burned the hell out of my legs a few times on that big stainless shiny silver triangle 'slide' that would essentially go thermonuclear when the sun shined on it in August.

Not sure I've ever seen that fountain actually working but it made a great place to run a remote control car and the open baseball diamond was always good to kill a few hours taking grounders.

Kinda boring but still neat little town. Never understood why so many conventions took place there but it's really kept the area relevant.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:22 AM 10-04-2020
Sorter was a cool poster thought would stick around a while.
[Reply]
cabletech94 04:39 AM 10-04-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Carolho!!!
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:43 AM 10-04-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
He seems to pop in for a post or two roughly every 3 months
[Reply]
FishingRod 09:58 AM 10-04-2020
Chiefs got good. Politics got worse... Just don't check in very often but I'm not dead yet.
[Reply]
MTG#10 10:32 AM 10-04-2020
What happened to SAUTO? Don't think I've seen him post since I came back.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:38 PM 10-04-2020
Vanilla Thunder
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:21 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Be ready for the most wonderful years of your life. There are many rewarding things in life, I've been blessed with a great life, but our kids have been the cornerstone of that great life.

Advice. Get involved... Resist any temptation to put work above your kids. You can't not work, but you can make sure you do everything in your power to be with them, listen to them, let them find out who THEY are, and support it (within reason). At the same time, set boundaries and expectations. In our house (two sons), they have to 1) Become an Eagle Scout (shows persistence and perseverance for a kid), 2) play a musical instrument (studies show it helps the brain in so many ways, and gives them an appreciation of the arts), and 3) they have to play a sport (because too many kids today are fat and don't get what sports really teach). Next, coach... I coach(ed) football, baseball, wrestling, and hockey, it is/was quality time with my sons, and they got to experience physical challenges that come along with sports and physical competition. Like last night, we rushed from Hockey Practice to marching band practice. It was a good night.

Open doors for them. While both my sons dive because they saw me dive, I never pushed them into it, but when they showed interest I jumped at the chance to let them take it as far as they want. My younger son wants to fly so we're working that now too (where there's a will there's a way). It's just a matter of opening doors for them to try things. Oh, and if they find they don't like it, let it go.

So make sure you don't squander these next two decades with that wonderful son or daughter, embrace it, enjoy it, and while you don't need to live vicariously through your kids, you sure as heck can be involved.

Above all, love that/those kid(s) without reservation. They are you, you are them, they will always be yours. Make sure they know, no matter what, that you'll always love them.

Hope that helps...
Thank you for this post, dude. Monday is the big day. I'll be looking back on this reply for a long time.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:13 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Thank you for this post, dude. Monday is the big day. I'll be looking back on this reply for a long time.
Congrats my man. Hope all goes well.
[Reply]
Nzoner 11:19 AM 10-10-2020
Thought this was as good as place as any to pop in and say hey,I couldn't believe the last time I posted was in May.

Anyhow hope this finds everyone well.
[Reply]
scho63 01:25 PM 10-10-2020
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
Thought this was as good as place as any to pop in and say hey,I couldn't believe the last time I posted was in May.

Howdy big fella! Hope you've been well. :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:27 PM 10-10-2020

Good to see you around man.
[Reply]
burt 03:47 PM 10-10-2020

In a hushed voice..."and here we have a rare Nzoner sighting....:....
[Reply]
DaFace 05:03 PM 10-10-2020

You should chime in with your opinions about the current social and political climate. It's a great way to have rational, level-headed discussion this year. :-)

(Good to see you around. I took a couple of months off myself. It was kind of nice.)
[Reply]
Page 66 of 141
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076116 > Last »
Up