ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 172
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119169 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
Dayze 10:06 AM 06-05-2014
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I was planning on doing a OKC and back up route 66 ride this weekend. But that may have to be postponed with the thunderstorms they are predicting.

Dayze, I didn't see this post last weekend. But I was smoking ribs and brisket all day on Sunday so that would not have worked for me. I will probably do that Cassidy ride one of these days.
Cool. we'll need to hoook up, or meet down there. i think Council grove is about 1/2 way for you?.... Not sure which route you typically take.

*nevermind....Council Grove is way out of your way*
[Reply]
Graystoke 10:29 AM 06-05-2014
I participated in the Iowa Great River Gravel Ride last weekend. What a blast!
Around 75 Participants. I Logged 750 miles for the weekend and about 90% was on scenic gravel roads in the Iowa Mississippi Bluff Country.
Anyway I test rode a KTM 1190 Adventure Bike. Holy shit this is a nice bike. What really blew my mind was the Electronic Throttle control this bike had.
Raw it has 150 HP. You select a mode, Sport, Street, Rain or Off Road. So rain would allow only 100 HP and control your rear wheel slippage. But how this translates in riding is say you select Sport, it will only allow you to pop a wheelie at a certain angle. The thing is idiot proof.
Read more here:
http://www.ktm.com/us/travel/1190-ad...l#.U5CI58tOWdI
[Reply]
Dayze 10:35 AM 06-05-2014
Nice.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 10:46 AM 06-05-2014
Well I live about 2.5 hrs from KC so I would want to make sure people would want to go..so how about a week from Saturday..This Saturday is rain and next is supposed to be nice
[Reply]
Dayze 10:48 AM 06-05-2014
I might be down. I have a Branson Run on the 20th I'm going to.
and my wife's birthday on the 14th; though, we don't necessaily celebrate it that day etc.

I should know more probably by Sunday . Keep posting in here.

where
in N. MO are you at?
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 10:50 AM 06-05-2014
I'm out in the country by a small town called Browning
[Reply]
Dayze 09:03 PM 06-09-2014
Still seeing if Saturday will work.

For anyone else;
is anyone going to the Branson rally next weekend? We have a group of probably 8 of us, most of whom I'm only met once or twice, leaving on Friday a.m. If anyone is going and wants to ride in a group, hit me up. the more the merrier!
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 07:35 AM 06-11-2014
I'm still planning... what type of accommodations are you all doing, dayze? I've got 2 others that say they are going with as well... but haven't talked to either in a month. i'll try to do so in the next day or so.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:42 AM 06-11-2014
Originally Posted by Zeke:
I'm still planning... what type of accommodations are you all doing, dayze? I've got 2 others that say they are going with as well... but haven't talked to either in a month. i'll try to do so in the next day or so.
my brother and I are getting a cheap-o hotel (includes a free breakfast......shuttle lol) there on the main strip (or whatever it would be called). the folks I'm riding with, they got a condo etc.

if you don't hear from them (or even if you do), you/ your group are more than welcom to ride with us. We're leaving on Friday morning. We can't check into either of our hotels/condo until 3pm. so we'll probably leave at 8am, and make our way down 13 through Clinton to Springfield etc then South to Branson. Sort of a mellow ride, no hurry etc. We're also planning on trying to stop at Springfield Harley Davidson probably to rest for a bit and to pick up a shirt.

The folks we're riding with aren't leaving until Monday, so My brother and I will be riding back Sunday. Probably a similar scenario; leave a little early and make our way back to KC on no real giving schedule etc.
[Reply]
Graystoke 08:44 AM 06-12-2014
Oh My!
Gonna save my Nickels and Dimes.

http://ultimatemotorcycling.com/offi...-teaser-video/
[Reply]
Dayze 08:54 AM 06-12-2014
holy piss....that's awesome.
I'm glad they went back to something like this.

I really wish they didn't stop making these. but so glad they have got back to sort of a 'cafe racer' niche.

[Reply]
Graystoke 09:19 AM 06-12-2014
Originally Posted by Dayze:
holy piss....that's awesome.
I'm glad they went back to something like this.

I really wish they didn't stop making these. but so glad they have got back to sort of a 'cafe racer' niche.
Did you look at the video teaser?
If I get one of these its all SPEED AND BIKINIS.
[Reply]
seaofred 09:32 AM 06-12-2014
Originally Posted by Dayze:
my brother and I are getting a cheap-o hotel (includes a free breakfast......shuttle lol) there on the main strip (or whatever it would be called). the folks I'm riding with, they got a condo etc.

if you don't hear from them (or even if you do), you/ your group are more than welcom to ride with us. We're leaving on Friday morning. We can't check into either of our hotels/condo until 3pm. so we'll probably leave at 8am, and make our way down 13 through Clinton to Springfield etc then South to Branson. Sort of a mellow ride, no hurry etc. We're also planning on trying to stop at Springfield Harley Davidson probably to rest for a bit and to pick up a shirt.

The folks we're riding with aren't leaving until Monday, so My brother and I will be riding back Sunday. Probably a similar scenario; leave a little early and make our way back to KC on no real giving schedule etc.
So you guys are mainly staying on interstate the whole way? If I didn't have to coach my daughters softball team that weekend in a tournament, I would take you guys on a ride around the lake and some of the National Forest.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:37 AM 06-12-2014
Originally Posted by seaofred:
So you guys are mainly staying on interstate the whole way? If I didn't have to coach my daughters softball team that weekend in a tournament, I would take you guys on a ride around the lake and some of the National Forest.
probably, but not set in stone. I like to ride about 60-ish. we 'might' swing off to 7 at Clinton.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:38 AM 06-12-2014
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
Did you look at the video teaser?
If I get one of these its all SPEED AND BIKINIS.
I didn't. :-)
[Reply]
Page 69 of 172
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119169 > Last »
Up