ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 172
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110160 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
Dayze 04:49 AM 04-04-2014
Anyone doing the Cassoday run this Sunday?
I'll be heading down there for the first time. My brother and I will be meeting some riders in Gardner; then stopping in Ottawa for a few other riders. Then in Council Grove for breakfast, then onto Cassoday. My brother and I don't know any of the other riders, so it won't be like anyone is crashing a party/ride. Hell, the only person my brother knows is the guy that sold him his Night Train.

I'm in Lenexa, essentially 95th and I-35. We're meeting in Gardner about 0800-0815. If anyone is up for a ride let's meet up.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 06:12 AM 04-04-2014
Originally Posted by Dayze:
Anyone doing the Cassoday run this Sunday?
I'll be heading down there for the first time. My brother and I will be meeting some riders in Gardner; then stopping in Ottawa for a few other riders. Then in Council Grove for breakfast, then onto Cassoday. My brother and I don't know any of the other riders, so it won't be like anyone is crashing a party/ride. Hell, the only person my brother knows is the guy that sold him his Night Train.

I'm in Lenexa, essentially 95th and I-35. We're meeting in Gardner about 0800-0815. If anyone is up for a ride let's meet up.
Tempting.... I have to work tonight and tomorrow (all day) so I may need to spend sunday with the family.... but lemme think about it.
[Reply]
Dayze 06:43 AM 04-04-2014
just did a quick search and looks like about 159 miles each way. I'm sure folks can ride down in a group, and head back from Cassoday whenever they need to etc. My brother has his daughter's soccer game to go to, so I know he and I won't be down there all day or anything etc.

Dayze would need to stop for fuel in Gardner, Ottawa, Council Grove, and Cassoday lol.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 06:49 AM 04-04-2014
just did a quick search and looks like about 159 miles each way. I'm sure folks can ride down in a group, and head back from Cassoday whenever they need to etc. My brother has his daughter's soccer game to go to, so I know he and I won't be down there all day or anything etc.

Dayze would need to stop for fuel in Gardner, Ottawa, Council Grove, and Cassoday lol.
Hah... well I've also got my LED mirrors in (need to pick them up)... Was planning on installing those on Sunday... I reckon i'll probably need to try and find some time tomorrow instead!
[Reply]
Graystoke 06:50 AM 04-04-2014
Originally Posted by Zeke:
It was windy as HELL yesterday... we rode from about 11 yesterday until 7 last night... and I'm beat down... I've got to get a fairing if I'm gonna do the long distances... ya I realize that yesterday was odd with the wind... but damn.

Also, i'm not a little fella... so I've got a big ass head... and where a skid lid helmet... I dunno I just feel awkward with it... it sits so damned high on my dome. Anyone else suffer from a similar disorder? Big-dome-syndrome?
Haha...well I am a little fella with a baby head! I wear a small full face helmet and I look like Rick Moranis (Lord Dark Helmet) from Space Balls.
If they had Baby Gap Motorcycle Helmets, I would buy one.
Another thing is the current helmet I have is so HEAVY. Its a Modular and I like the modular part, because it allows me to drink water...and yes smoke, but man I need something lighter cause after a long day my neck will kill me.
[Reply]
Dayze 06:55 AM 04-04-2014
Heeeed. Paper. Now!!

[Reply]
jd1020 06:57 AM 04-04-2014
Been awhile since I've looked at the BMW lineup, but new for 2014 is the R nineT...

Think I'm in love.

Fuckin thing is so popular they've already sold out and you have to wait a year to actually get it if you ordered today.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:08 AM 04-04-2014
I bet that thing is fun.
[Reply]
jd1020 07:14 AM 04-04-2014
The only thing I'm not a fan of is that boxer engine. It makes an otherwise skinny bike fat, but I could learn to love it because everything else is just awesome.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:19 AM 04-04-2014
I rode a friend KT1200 ( I think that's what it was); the torque was awesome/fun. though it felt 'odd' in terms of the feeling while on the bike / under acceleration etc. But shit....I rode that thing down to Clinton MO; then the alphabet highways. shit that was a fun bike. could ride it all day, and slam it into curves.

though if I had my druthers, I'd grab a Kawasaki Concours over the BMW if I had the $.
[Reply]
Graystoke 07:27 AM 04-04-2014
Originally Posted by jd1020:
The only thing I'm not a fan of is that boxer engine. It makes an otherwise skinny bike fat, but I could learn to love it because everything else is just awesome.
I like the Boxer a lot. Very reliable motor that will give you years and years of fun.
This BMW looks like a Retro throw back. with the round headlight and I Love the Aluminum Fuel Tank, Analog Instruments etc..
[Reply]
jd1020 07:35 AM 04-04-2014
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
This BMW looks like a Retro throw back.
It is a throw back. They were inspired by all the custom retro bikes people were making. So they made this to celebrate their 90th anniversary.

My favorite is the spoke wheels.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:37 AM 04-04-2014
I wish Ducati still made their sport classic they ran for a few years recently.

[Reply]
Graystoke 07:39 AM 04-04-2014
Originally Posted by jd1020:
It is a throw back. They were inspired by all the custom retro bikes people were making. So they made this to celebrate their 90th anniversary.

My favorite is the spoke wheels.
So does it run tubes?
I have Spokes on my Triumph and I run tubes. Just changed out the tires and decided I better get new tubes as well.
[Reply]
Graystoke 07:40 AM 04-04-2014
I wish Ducati still made their sport classic they ran for a few years recently.

:-) DUCATI!
However, there is no way I could even afford to maintain one.
[Reply]
Page 60 of 172
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110160 > Last »
Up