ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 172
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
jd1020 07:42 AM 03-29-2014
Potentially selling my bike today and one of the first good days of the year to ride will be tomorrow.

Mother nature is simply an asshole.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 09:23 AM 03-29-2014
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Potentially selling my bike today and one of the first good days of the year to ride will be tomorrow.

Not to be guy buying it..... couldn't help it. :-)
Sorry you gotta sell it, that's like saying you have to give up a kidney or somethng.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:35 AM 03-29-2014
Originally Posted by Zeke:
I'm working this morning, but the rest of the weekend will be spent pounding the pavement... Anyone want to get together here in the KC area? We can run the Perry loop... or stick to a KC piggyback ride.
I'll probably be up for a ride later this afternoon; my brother is coming over after his daughter's soccer game to help me move a big ass armoire.

and tomorrow I'll be down probably after 2pm. I have my mother-in-law's birthday brunch tomorrow. I'm ready to ride.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:38 AM 03-29-2014
Originally Posted by jd1020:

selling the bike? :-)

Not the same as selling the bike, but Ill probably have to sell my car here soon if I don't find some work. I'd rather keep the bike and car pool with the wife on the days the weather is shitty. and some time before fall, get a beater car for like $1k. :-)

which sucks. I have an '08 Rabbit; I bought used with 40kmiles back in '11, an have only put 15k on it. I'm about a year from paying it off. Plus, I like the car. It's fun to drive etc. Hopefully I won't 'need' to sell it. we'll see. I suspect that decision is quickly approaching.
[Reply]
Dayze 01:27 PM 03-30-2014
anyone going out riding later in JoCo? I might head out in a 1/2 hour (or whenever if anyone is wanting to ride) and ride for about an hour but might ride later too.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 01:45 PM 03-30-2014
River road in Illinios. Stopped at the loading dock. Listening to some blues
[Reply]
Dayze 04:08 PM 03-30-2014
dude. that looks like a good time right there.

I went on a 70 mile ride here in KC this afternoon. holy shit it was windy. everything was cool while on the 35-45MPH roads; but once I hit 7 hwy South of of Leavenworth, I had a big time northerly head wind. It was bad. I couldn't wait to get off of the highway. Otherwise had a great ride. I found a new route to ride, so that's always a bonus. 70 mile, 2hour-ish ride.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 07:54 PM 03-30-2014
Originally Posted by Dayze:

I went on a 70 mile ride here in KC this afternoon. holy shit it was windy. everything was cool while on the 35-45MPH roads; but once I hit 7 hwy South of of Leavenworth, I had a big time northerly head wind. It was bad. I couldn't wait to get off of the highway. Otherwise had a great ride. I found a new route to ride, so that's always a bonus. 70 mile, 2hour-ish ride.
Real good time, 6 stops, 150 miles, in 9 hours, 6 bikes.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 10:16 PM 03-30-2014
I know this isn't the place for it but has anybody made a thread about what kind of cars they have owned/own now..next car they want to buy..dream car..I love bikes but I also have a love for cars and trucks..I would make a thread but I'm still in new guy prison and can't post pictures links or start threads
[Reply]
Dayze 12:00 AM 03-31-2014
:-)

I'm not sure if there is one specifically for that. there are, however quite a few that are car related in general.

Screw it, I'd start a thread :-) ....maybe a mod can do something about your thread starting priveleges. I'm sure it'll be useful for others as well.
[Reply]
Dayze 01:17 AM 03-31-2014
for anyone who is interested in some routes.

http://www.kcrideguide.com
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 07:00 AM 03-31-2014
Originally Posted by Dayze:

It was windy as HELL yesterday... we rode from about 11 yesterday until 7 last night... and I'm beat down... I've got to get a fairing if I'm gonna do the long distances... ya I realize that yesterday was odd with the wind... but damn.

Also, i'm not a little fella... so I've got a big ass head... and where a skid lid helmet... I dunno I just feel awkward with it... it sits so damned high on my dome. Anyone else suffer from a similar disorder? Big-dome-syndrome?
[Reply]
Lzen 07:59 AM 03-31-2014
Originally Posted by Zeke:
It was windy as HELL yesterday... we rode from about 11 yesterday until 7 last night... and I'm beat down... I've got to get a fairing if I'm gonna do the long distances... ya I realize that yesterday was odd with the wind... but damn.

Also, i'm not a little fella... so I've got a big ass head... and where a skid lid helmet... I dunno I just feel awkward with it... it sits so damned high on my dome. Anyone else suffer from a similar disorder? Big-dome-syndrome?
Yeah, wind was killer yesterday, mainly when riding east - west. Rode up to visit my step mom about an hour north. Wind wasn't so bad while going north but it killed the 8 mile ride to the east. And then we took the scenic route back so more east-west, west-east riding. Stopped at a gas station in Holton. Another couple came in off 116 highway shortly after us. Said they had been riding over 200 miles. Said something like "worst day riding ever and this takes all the fun out of it". I tend to agree to a certain extent. I still had SOME enjoyment. :-) But I think in the future I'll try to avoid days that the wind is over 20 mph.

Oh, and yes, I have a large dome. Impossible to find a bicycle helmet that fits my head unless I special order it. I hate flex fit/or stretch fit ball caps because they are always too tight on my head. Motorcycle helmets I have bought don't seem to be that way, though. I wear a half helmet.

It's been discontinued at Leatherup.com but here is my helmet.
http://youtu.be/nCFnVi833ig
[Reply]
BroncoDork 02:28 PM 03-31-2014
They put many models out there, they try to hit the full range. Honda puts out the entire range and have superb street bikes. The Honda Hurricane. The Interceptor series from the late 80's, that's still a badass bike. The CBX. The 900F. You don't see any of these bikes on the road because they're all overseas in Asia, bought up by collectors.
[Reply]
Dayze 04:23 AM 04-01-2014
The VFRs are still probably the best all around bike they have IMO. it can do everything and then some.
[Reply]
Page 59 of 172
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Up