ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 172
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107157 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 10:29 AM 03-21-2014
For any big guy considering a sport bike I have to say the zx-14 is now my favorite bike. I have been riding motorcycles since 6 and street bikes since 16. For an all around bike there is just nothing I have been on that compares for rides under 6 hours and preferably under 4. Comfort, handling, weight, reliability and balls to the wall speed will make this my go to bike until I find something better. Put 9k miles on that bad boy last year alone. I did coastal Woodside to SF Financial district in 50 minutes today. What an amazing piece of machinery.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 10:31 AM 03-21-2014
So I rode the Suzuki..that bastard was huge but my knees were shoved up high and I felt like I had to hunch over..The Salesman hoped on it and seemed like it fit him good..He was probably 5'10 or 6'..then I went down the road and rode a few different Victory's..loved them..road the Hardball, Crossroads and Cross Country..they all have the same frame and are bagger bikes..loved how they felt and rode..then went to Harley..rode a Fat Boy and it was nice..didn't feel quite right but it rode good..rode a Street Glide and enjoyed it a lot..The rode a Heritage Softail Classic I believe was what he called it..I enjoyed it a lot but didn't fit quite right could get used to it..so at the end of all of it I came to the conclusion that I need to be rich so I could just buy them all..fuck me
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 10:36 AM 03-21-2014
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
For any big guy considering a sport bike I have to say the zx-14 is now my favorite bike. I have been riding motorcycles since 6 and street bikes since 16. For an all around bike there is just nothing I have been on that compares for rides under 6 hours and preferably under 4. Comfort, handling, weight, reliability and balls to the wall speed will make this my go to bike until I find something better. Put 9k miles on that bad boy last year alone. I did coastal Woodside to SF Financial district in 50 minutes today. What an amazing piece of machinery.
I have an 06 CBR right now..I love that bike a lot..I ride 7k plus on it last summer..I have a busted shoulder from my time in the army and can't have the forward lean so I'm going to buy an "old man bike" as my son put it..my wife and I are going to do a lot of traveling on the bike this summer so we want one with a windshield or one we can put on..A backrest for her and saddlebags for all her shit and a back luggage rack for my 1 small kit bag..so I am going to keep my CBR so I can shoot around and ride for an hour or 2 and get my "old man bike" for everything else
[Reply]
TheUte 10:41 AM 03-21-2014
Originally Posted by mac459:
So I rode the Suzuki..that bastard was huge but my knees were shoved up high and I felt like I had to hunch over..The Salesman hoped on it and seemed like it fit him good..He was probably 5'10 or 6'..then I went down the road and rode a few different Victory's..loved them..road the Hardball, Crossroads and Cross Country..they all have the same frame and are bagger bikes..loved how they felt and rode..then went to Harley..rode a Fat Boy and it was nice..didn't feel quite right but it rode good..rode a Street Glide and enjoyed it a lot..The rode a Heritage Softail Classic I believe was what he called it..I enjoyed it a lot but didn't fit quite right could get used to it..so at the end of all of it I came to the conclusion that I need to be rich so I could just buy them all..**** me
Have you looked at Indians. They are built by Victory/Polaris so you may like those as well.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 10:47 AM 03-21-2014
Originally Posted by TheUte:
Have you looked at Indians. They are built by Victory/Polaris so you may like those as well.
No I haven't..I kind of looked at their website right after they come out..I just didn't like the looks of them..I will look again tho because it might be something the wife likes..got to keep momma happy
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 11:05 AM 03-21-2014
Originally Posted by mac459:
I have an 06 CBR right now..I love that bike a lot..I ride 7k plus on it last summer..I have a busted shoulder from my time in the army and can't have the forward lean so I'm going to buy an "old man bike" as my son put it..my wife and I are going to do a lot of traveling on the bike this summer so we want one with a windshield or one we can put on..A backrest for her and saddlebags for all her shit and a back luggage rack for my 1 small kit bag..so I am going to keep my CBR so I can shoot around and ride for an hour or 2 and get my "old man bike" for everything else
The Harleys are great but if it was me in that situation I think I would look at the Kawasaki Concours and BMW GT1600 if you have a few more dollars. Every rider I have ever talked to that owns those bikes swears by them.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 11:11 AM 03-21-2014
The Harleys are great but if it was me in that situation I think I would look at the Kawasaki Concours and BMW GT1600 if you have a few more dollars. Every rider I have ever talked to that owns those bikes swears by them.
I will have to check them out..Thank you
[Reply]
crazycoffey 11:49 AM 03-21-2014
Thanks, I'm really happy with the color. I love black, but around here that's is 4 out of 5 bikes. We ride regularly with a group of may be 6 or 7 bikes and I think all are black.

The only thing added so far is highway pegs and new shifter pegs and probably a driver backrest.

I think I'm done adding stuff for a bit, I lost my ass on my last bike.
I wish I could have found a home for it rather than trading it in.
There are a lot of black bikes. Mine is, but it was a police demo bike and could only be sold to. Police officer, so I got some free upgrades, and a quite a bit off the sticker, so we went for it
[Reply]
Dayze 07:17 PM 03-21-2014
Originally Posted by Zeke:
Don't do it, don't become the RG Snob!! lol

You'll never look at other bikes the same....
:-) yeah....i just can't get over the fixed fairing.

so as much as I liked the layout/view from the seat.....the fixed fairing kills me.
I'm not quite sure why HD would have two such similar models. Not sure what the difference is between the two other than the fairing etc.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:18 PM 03-21-2014
Bat Wing > Shark Nose.
:-):-)
never hear the 'shark nose' classification lol.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 07:21 PM 03-21-2014
Originally Posted by Dayze:
:-) yeah....i just can't get over the fixed fairing.

so as much as I liked the layout/view from the seat.....the fixed fairing kills me.
I'm not quite sure why HD would have two such similar models. Not sure what the difference is between the two other than the fairing etc.
Exactly the same except the front. I'm not a fan of the fixed fairing but it has more storage.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:21 PM 03-21-2014
:-)
The Concours is kick ASS. that bike will do it all and then some.
TONS of power (I think they used a tamed down version of the ZX14 motor...I 'think'). They'll cruise all day; you can fling them into corners with full confidence.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:07 PM 03-21-2014
There are tons of black bikes. I think one big reason for that is that black is the cheapest. I know my bike with the color scheme was about an extra $800.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:16 PM 03-21-2014
Rawhide bike night is Thursday. I might have gone over there last night if we didn't already have plans to ride to Hutchinson to enjoy some March madness with Mr plow and ceej. The ride back tomorrow might be a little chilly.
[Reply]
Dayze 08:27 PM 03-21-2014
Originally Posted by Lzen:
There are tons of black bikes. I think one big reason for that is that black is the cheapest. I know my bike with the color scheme was about an extra $800.
:-)
Good point; I didn't think of that. On my 72 it only came in 3 'base' colors I think. all others were the $800 upgrade for the candy.

so the Street Glide color scheme you mentioned is probably spot on.
[Reply]
Page 57 of 172
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107157 > Last »
Up