ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 53 of 172
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763103153 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
Dayze 01:51 AM 02-28-2014
****in' A Right I enjoyed it. :-)

Unbelievable .

I LOVE how the dude just SLAMs the throttle at certain points on the track. Dude had balls; there are several times I see him slam the throttle down whilst he leaned over on a bike with that much power and manages to.....manage the rear tire...

JFC>
[Reply]
crazycoffey 03:44 AM 02-28-2014
Originally Posted by Dayze:
you're not helping lol

Yeah, I hear ya. That's exactly why I don't want to ride one just yet. I'll fall so in love with it.......

I absolutely know I will. :-)
I know, sorry. But the old me said the same thing. Then I tried it and saw/felt the difference. THEN my wife rode with me, and said, "if I knew it could be that much better, I would've MADE you trade in the fatboy sooner.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 08:25 AM 02-28-2014
The gyro cam is badass. They've put them on FIM GP and Superbikes from time to time, wish they'd do more of it. It gives a much better perspective of just how far they're laying their bikes over than other bike cams do.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 10:00 PM 03-08-2014
So... We traded my wife's sportster in for a 14 Softail Slim.
[Reply]
Dayze 03:09 PM 03-10-2014
Nice.

Good weather today...gonna get out and ride

Anyone planning on getting out ridin?
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 06:00 PM 03-10-2014
Oh for sure... Have been out three days in a row, feels like Disney land.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:17 PM 03-10-2014
Originally Posted by Zeke:
Oh for sure... Have been out three days in a row, feels like Disney land.
I went on a quick ride. beautiful out.

we need to meet up for a quick ride or meet at a fuel stop or something; I want to check out the new scoot. :-)
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 07:20 PM 03-10-2014
I went on a quick ride. beautiful out.

we need to meet up for a quick ride or meet at a fuel stop or something; I want to check out the new scoot. :-)
well, I'm up for it... except the FatBob is goin in for her upgrades this weekend... won't get her back till mid week next week... i'm kinda nervous. Good thing I have a nice new Softail to ride in her absence. :-)
[Reply]
Dayze 07:31 PM 03-10-2014
which upgrades?
[Reply]
Valiant 07:45 PM 03-10-2014
Never rode any type of motorcycle growing up(raced quads). Parents get me a big Valkyrie for my 16th birthday. Crashed that thing 2 minutes in, too big, too loud and I weighed 140lbs. Sold it 3 days later.

I wouldn't mind a custom trike though.

Question for the serious people. There was a big fat boy in front of me at the light today. What irked me was the handicap plate. If your vision is good enough to ride a bike you shouldn't need it. If you have a walking problem, you should not be riding a bike, same with if you have that bad of arthritis. Now on a trike, sure. I have rode bitch on my stepdads growing up, cannot fathom how a person could be handicap enough to need a plate.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:47 PM 03-10-2014
:-)

can't say I've ever seen that.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 08:34 PM 03-10-2014
which upgrades?
Arlen Ness Big sucker
Vance and Hines Big Shots
Fuel Pak
Saddle Bags
LED (turn signal) mirrors
Derby cover and Timer cover
Gasket\clutch covers
Lever replacements
[Reply]
Dayze 09:27 PM 03-10-2014
Originally Posted by Zeke:
Arlen Ness Big sucker
Vance and Hines Big Shots
Fuel Pak
Saddle Bags
LED (turn signal) mirrors
Derby cover and Timer cover
Gasket\clutch covers
Lever replacements
sweet.
outta look sweet. the VH pipes will sound killer.

what size baffles did you get with them?
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 06:13 AM 03-11-2014
Hmm... honestly, I'm not sure what size it is.. it was the optional add-on from Vance and Hines that comes with the big shots staggered.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 06:16 AM 03-11-2014
And, actually I may be going with a different air intake at this point. I was talking to the guy last night and he thinks where the filter sits, it will be restrictive to my knee placement... The big sucker sticks out quiet a ways compared to the stock one. So, I may go with another teardrop intake that will still gives me the stage one upgrade... I've got some more research\decisions to make this week...
[Reply]
Page 53 of 172
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763103153 > Last »
Up