ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 172
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
Dayze 08:30 AM 09-16-2013
Originally Posted by Phobia:
Lost a friend this weekend. He was cruising 7 Hwy on a crotch rocket when an old farmer pulled out in front of him. He ran up the back of his trailer. Died on impact. Don't know how fast he was going. Highway patrol didn't indicate he was doing an extreme amount of speed but he must have been scooting right along.
:-) man, sorry dude.

Yeah, I've railed a few alphabets up near Excelsior springs back in the day. Same deal - lots of farm equipment etc, kicking up crap onto the road - ie stuff that wasn't there earlier in the day even.

RIP
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 09:33 AM 09-16-2013
Lost a friend this weekend. He was cruising 7 Hwy on a crotch rocket when an old farmer pulled out in front of him. He ran up the back of his trailer. Died on impact. Don't know how fast he was going. Highway patrol didn't indicate he was doing an extreme amount of speed but he must have been scooting right along.
Wow, sorry to hear that Phil. It can happen quick. Where I live on skyline is like the autobahn of mountain roads. High performance cars and motorcycles everywhere along with bicyclists and knuckleheads pulling into traffic and oh yea, lots of deer. No wonder everyone tries to get me off the bike. I hope your friend didn't have kids, that's the worst.
[Reply]
Phobia 09:34 AM 09-16-2013
Yeah. It's rough. He was a solid guy. 38 years old and left 3 young daughters. I'm busted up about it. We weren't BFF's but he and I were building a friendship because he was in my business and we talked once or twice a week and bumped into one another at lumber yards. But mostly, he was part of a very tight softball community. He was incredibly funny and helpful to everybody. It's an obvious risk that guys take but it still sucks.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:35 AM 09-16-2013
My condolences.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:36 AM 09-16-2013
Yeah. It's rough. He was a solid guy. 38 years old and left 3 young daughters. I'm busted up about it. We weren't BFF's but he and I were building a friendship because he was in my business and we talked once or twice a week and bumped into one another at lumber yards. But mostly, he was part of a very tight softball community. He was incredibly funny and helpful to everybody. It's an obvious risk that guys take but it still sucks.
Yep. That's a risk that all bikers are aware of. We do it because we love it and want to enjoy life.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 09:41 AM 09-16-2013
Condolences Phil, truly sorry to read that.
Hope it doesn’t sound insensitive but this is why I haven’t ridden my scoot since my son was about 2. Every time I throw a leg over it I’m risking more than just my own hide.
[Reply]
Phobia 09:45 AM 09-16-2013
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Yep. That's a risk that all bikers are aware of. We do it because we love it and want to enjoy life.
That's really my only consolation. He died doing what he loved to do. We should all be so lucky. Still way too soon though.
[Reply]
Graystoke 09:59 AM 09-16-2013
Sorry to hear that.
Motorcycles...so fun...so deadly.
[Reply]
Dayze 10:16 AM 09-16-2013
all gear, all the time. Not sure how Phobia's buddy went down, or if gear would've saved him etc.
the only thing one can control is how they ride, and riding with gear. beyond that....
[Reply]
Graystoke 10:23 AM 09-16-2013
Originally Posted by Dayze:
all gear, all the time. Not sure how Phobia's buddy went down, or if gear would've saved him etc.
the only thing one can control is how they ride, and riding with gear. beyond that....
So true.
I had a buddy go down on his Ducati this spring.
Broke his Tib/Fib, smashed his Metatarsels and lost a good portion of his calf.
Still recovering. But if it wasnt for his gear he woulda died for sure.
[Reply]
Dayze 10:27 AM 09-16-2013
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
So true.
I had a buddy go down on his Ducati this spring.
Broke his Tib/Fib, smashed his Metatarsels and lost a good portion of his calf.
Still recovering. But if it wasnt for his gear he woulda died for sure.
damn.

I low sided my ZX-6R about 10 years ago doing about 45-ish. I was wearing full gear, and suffered a broken rib and a broken bone in my hand. After the wreck when I got home, I noticed a quarter sized chunck missing from the back of my helmet. I would've been dead I'm sure.

riding pants with armor, jacket with armor, racing boots, gloves saved my hide and ankles for sure. No road rash. Just sore as shit for the next week.
[Reply]
Dayze 02:15 PM 09-16-2013
Sporties?

I'm in love with the Nightsters. when done up proper, they looks so kick ass. I've never ridden a sporty, but I'm really really leaning towards one. I love the look of both the lower drag style bars as well as the mini-apes. The mini's + forward controls looks awesome.

I'm not interested in gobs of power (my previous 2 sport bikes satisfied that urge); and not interested in riding hundreds of miles at a shot (no time for such). I do like spending a couple hours riding around the outskirts of the city; like backroads to Lawrence, Leavenworth, Topeka, Warrensburg, St. joe etc.

Mostly looking for something fun to get out of town on and to buzz around the city.

Anyone own one , or have owned one - a 1200 sporty?
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 05:02 PM 09-16-2013
Originally Posted by Dayze:
Sporties?

I'm in love with the Nightsters. when done up proper, they looks so kick ass. I've never ridden a sporty, but I'm really really leaning towards one. I love the look of both the lower drag style bars as well as the mini-apes. The mini's + forward controls looks awesome.

I'm not interested in gobs of power (my previous 2 sport bikes satisfied that urge); and not interested in riding hundreds of miles at a shot (no time for such). I do like spending a couple hours riding around the outskirts of the city; like backroads to Lawrence, Leavenworth, Topeka, Warrensburg, St. joe etc.

Mostly looking for something fun to get out of town on and to buzz around the city.

Anyone own one , or have owned one - a 1200 sporty?
I like the top one.
[Reply]
Dayze 08:07 PM 09-16-2013
I'm going to check out a few on Saturday. Don't think they have any with the apes or the lowered bars, but it'll at least give me an idea of size, seat height etc.
[Reply]
User Name 08:12 PM 09-16-2013
I have a Iron 883. I did forward controls and mini apes. I love mine. I know I could handle something bigger with ease, but that sporty is too fun. On the plus side, I've liked matte black before it was cool, so I didn't have to spring for a custom paint job.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 172
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Up