ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 172
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
Graystoke 12:44 PM 09-13-2013
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
Unfortunately the 02 shadow sabre is not on my most wanted list. :-)
What kind of bike is that in your avatar?
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 12:46 PM 09-13-2013
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
What kind of bike is that in your avatar?
ZX-14
[Reply]
Radar Chief 12:48 PM 09-13-2013
ZX-14
Ricky Gadson got into the 8’s on a stock ZX-14.
[Reply]
Graystoke 12:53 PM 09-13-2013
ZX-14
Thats what I thought. Fast ass bike. They have a good fuel capacity as well.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 01:05 PM 09-13-2013
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
Ricky Gadson got into the 8’s on a stock ZX-14.
The bike is perfect for me being a bigger guy. It has all the speed I need and then some. It's comfortable for up to like 4+ hours of riding which is all I need unless I am doing a long trip. It has great handling too for anything short of the track. The bike I am intrigued by at the moment is the BMW R 1200 GS. For the most part I see myself on a ZX-14 for sometime and then maybe adding something to it. My dirt bike is a KTM 380 MXC.
[Reply]
Graystoke 01:26 PM 09-13-2013
The bike is perfect for me being a bigger guy. It has all the speed I need and then some. It's comfortable for up to like 4+ hours of riding which is all I need unless I am doing a long trip. It has great handling too for anything short of the track. The bike I am intrigued by at the moment is the BMW R 1200 GS. For the most part I see myself on a ZX-14 for sometime and then maybe adding something to it. My dirt bike is a KTM 380 MXC.
I like those BMW Adventure Bikes. I looked at the F 800 GS but ended up with the Tiger 800 XC.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 01:35 PM 09-13-2013
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
I like those BMW Adventure Bikes. I looked at the F 800 GS but ended up with the Tiger 800 XC.
How do you like it?
[Reply]
Graystoke 01:41 PM 09-13-2013
How do you like it?
I like it a lot. Very elastic bike. The Three Cylinder runs like a dream and the bike handles very good. It has been very dependable
The longest day I have put on it was 7 hours, and it nearly killed me. I felt like I had been running a weed eater all day.
I do a lot of Gravel Roads and Fire Roads. Use it mainly as a tool to go trout fishing in the Northeastern region of Iowa and into Wisconsin.
If I planned on going to Alaska or something like that..it would not be on this bike.
[Reply]
Dayze 02:19 PM 09-13-2013
....I'm spying a local Bobber.
[Reply]
frankotank 02:33 PM 09-13-2013
Unfortunately the 02 shadow sabre is not on my most wanted list. :-)
sigh....yeah I know....
poor mans Harley.

I do like it though. plenty of power for two riders at 75-80.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:16 AM 09-16-2013
I looked at some of the new metric models over the weekend. The Honda Fury and Yamaha/Star Stryker were very very nice bikes. Though, I've noticed the cost of them (metrics) creeping up a tad for new bikes (new models as of about 2011 I believe). Used market is still flooded with them. However, the used (and new market for that matter) market is virtually nill for those two particular models.

I've always liked the Stratoliner visually, and after sitting on it, I can tell I would love it.

I'm still torn, like I always am between metric and HD. I've had absolutely zero issus on the 3 metrics I've owned. I'm sure there are a ton of HD owners who will say the same thing. However, it's that small group that have had issues with less than 30-50k miles on their HD. The used market for HD is great, and there are excellent bikes for that $10k-13k figure (and below).
[Reply]
Lzen 08:15 AM 09-16-2013
Originally Posted by Zeke:
Went to the Abate Labor Day Rally out at Lake Perry this year.

Great ****ing time.
My brother keeps trying to get me to go to that. May have to do it next year.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:22 AM 09-16-2013
Originally Posted by Dayze:
I looked at some of the new metric models over the weekend. The Honda Fury and Yamaha/Star Stryker were very very nice bikes. Though, I've noticed the cost of them (metrics) creeping up a tad for new bikes (new models as of about 2011 I believe). Used market is still flooded with them. However, the used (and new market for that matter) market is virtually nill for those two particular models.

I've always liked the Stratoliner visually, and after sitting on it, I can tell I would love it.

I'm still torn, like I always am between metric and HD. I've had absolutely zero issus on the 3 metrics I've owned. I'm sure there are a ton of HD owners who will say the same thing. However, it's that small group that have had issues with less than 30-50k miles on their HD. The used market for HD is great, and there are excellent bikes for that $10k-13k figure (and below).
I remember looking at that Fury when it first came out. But I believe it starts at around $13k. :-) And that's before you have them put on some real pipes. :-)

I bought my 2005 Shadow with only 8k miles. In the 3 years that I rode it, the only major issue I had was the ignition switch shorted out. Melted the wiring around it and some of the switch inside.

My first Harley I only owned for only about 12 months. It had 29k miles on it but I never once had any mechanical issues. It always started and ran well. The only thing I ever did was change the oil. One very minor issue was that it went through a little oil. I'd have to add about half a quart every month or two.
[Reply]
Dayze 08:25 AM 09-16-2013
Yep. and, on the Fury, the fenders were fucking plastic. wtf . Awesome looking bike, comfortable for what it is....but good lord. You're getting into HD territory price wise - you'd better do more than plastic. I did some looking online after I got home, and man.....there are hardly any Fury's at any dealers. I'm surprised at that. I could understand being a limited used market, but 'new'?....surprised.

The Stryker and Raider had metal, if I recall.
[Reply]
Phobia 08:26 AM 09-16-2013
Lost a friend this weekend. He was cruising 7 Hwy on a crotch rocket when an old farmer pulled out in front of him. He ran up the back of his trailer. Died on impact. Don't know how fast he was going. Highway patrol didn't indicate he was doing an extreme amount of speed but he must have been scooting right along.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 172
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Up