ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 109 of 172
« First < 95999105106107108109 110111112113119159 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
stevieray 06:24 PM 01-29-2015
Originally Posted by seaofred:
[IMG][/IMG]

Nice place to stop on the way...
that is a great looking bike....

:-)
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 03:42 PM 01-30-2015
Alright guys. The time has come to upgrade to a larger bike. The ol lady isn't comfortable on my 700 Virago, and rather than sink the money into a mustang seat, sissy bar, and other accessories that MIGHT make my gold diggin bitch a bit more comfortable for her, I want to get a bike with more power. I like the street glide but it is way out of my price range as of now, so I'm thinking another metric V Twin cruiser. I really like the shaft drive on my Virago, and would like to stay with that option. I'd like something over 1200cc. I've been looking a the honda VTX, Suzuki Intruder (I think the boulevard equivalent is the c50) and the Vstar. Anybody have any other suggestions that won't break the bank?
[Reply]
Ace Gunner 05:36 PM 01-30-2015
Originally Posted by kcfanXIII:
Alright guys. The time has come to upgrade to a larger bike. The ol lady isn't comfortable on my 700 Virago, and rather than sink the money into a mustang seat, sissy bar, and other accessories that MIGHT make my gold diggin bitch a bit more comfortable for her, I want to get a bike with more power. I like the street glide but it is way out of my price range as of now, so I'm thinking another metric V Twin cruiser. I really like the shaft drive on my Virago, and would like to stay with that option. I'd like something over 1200cc. I've been looking a the honda VTX, Suzuki Intruder (I think the boulevard equivalent is the c50) and the Vstar. Anybody have any other suggestions that won't break the bank?

[Reply]
jd1020 09:06 PM 01-30-2015
That girl would definitely break the bank.
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 09:34 AM 01-31-2015
I've looked at the vmax before, and I like it but not a great 2 up bike.
[Reply]
Ace Gunner 10:55 AM 01-31-2015
I've looked at the vmax before, and I like it but not a great 2 up bike.
IMO none of the bikes you listed are better 2 upers. here's a nice VTX deal for $7,500 if you want to fly down to Take-Sus and ride back;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-VTX-20...US_motorcycles
[Reply]
Dayze 01:17 PM 01-31-2015
dude....those V-Maxs do not fuck around. :-)
totally underrated bike, with a cult like following.
[Reply]
stevieray 01:51 PM 01-31-2015
Originally Posted by Dayze:
dude....those V-Maxs do not **** around. :-)
...they will kill an inexperienced rider.

...man's bike for sure.
[Reply]
Dayze 12:51 PM 02-01-2015
I'd say anything 1100 and above would be good for two-up riding. hell, even the 900 cc Vulcan line. One thing you'll want to factor in with your purchase costs is if you'll need to upgrade the rear suspension. Most factory shocks leave a lot to be desired simply riding solo; 2 up can max them out. Obviously, the bigger the motor, the more likely it'll be to have a 6th gear.

in terms of 'which' metric cruiser in a particular class, I think you're pretty much good to go on any of them. the market share is so extremely tight between the manufacturers, none of them can afford to put out a sub-par product. but if you're set on shaft drive, it pretty much narrows down the field. Are you looking for air cooled, or liquid?

I owned a Vstar 650 for 3 years, and never had a single issue with it.
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 08:54 AM 02-02-2015
I'd say anything 1100 and above would be good for two-up riding. hell, even the 900 cc Vulcan line. One thing you'll want to factor in with your purchase costs is if you'll need to upgrade the rear suspension. Most factory shocks leave a lot to be desired simply riding solo; 2 up can max them out. Obviously, the bigger the motor, the more likely it'll be to have a 6th gear.

in terms of 'which' metric cruiser in a particular class, I think you're pretty much good to go on any of them. the market share is so extremely tight between the manufacturers, none of them can afford to put out a sub-par product. but if you're set on shaft drive, it pretty much narrows down the field. Are you looking for air cooled, or liquid?

I owned a Vstar 650 for 3 years, and never had a single issue with it.
I've been riding an 85 VV700 (the precursor to that Vstar you just mentioned) and I love it. Won't be getting rid of it till my nephew turns 18. I am just ready for something bigger and most definitely something newer. I'm not dead set on shaft drive, but if it comes down to two bikes, it could be the deciding factor. Should be pulling the trigger in the next month or two so I'll post pics when it happens.
[Reply]
Sygerrik 09:27 AM 02-02-2015
If you ride 2-up frequently on longer trips you'll be better off with a touring model, even if it's a few years older. No cruiser is going to be comfortable for a pillion for hundreds of miles a day, they just aren't big enough.

Take a look at the cost of replacing the shaft drive unit on those Yamahas. Not saying they fail often, but it does happen, and it's not a rebuild-able part. About $1500 just for the part, if I recall, and the engine has to be torn down to replace it. I wouldn't let it keep me from buying one, just something to consider.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 10:08 AM 02-02-2015
Anybody want to get out and ride on this beautiful day..no need to let a little cool weather stop us
[Reply]
Lzen 08:21 AM 02-06-2015
http://www.bikerspost.com/videos/1/3...plitting-crash
[Reply]
rockymtnchief 09:40 AM 02-08-2015
dude....those V-Maxs do not fuck around. :-)
totally underrated bike, with a cult like following.
Speak of the devil...found a '92 with less than 10k on it and bought it Friday. I'll have to drop the exhaust and get a Kerker and a few other add-ons. I'm not building a killer like my '85 Vmax though. It had 170+ bhp. This one will be enough for this old guy.
Attached: vmax3.jpg (89.2 KB) vmax2.jpg (46.5 KB) vmax.jpg (48.1 KB) 
[Reply]
stevieray 09:44 AM 02-08-2015
Originally Posted by rockymtnchief:
Speak of the devil...found a '92 with less than 10k on it and bought it Friday. I'll have to drop the exhaust and get a Kerker and a few other add-ons. I'm not building a killer like my '85 Vmax though. It had 170+ bhp. This one will be enough for this old guy.
wooohoo!
[Reply]
Page 109 of 172
« First < 95999105106107108109 110111112113119159 > Last »
Up