ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 107 of 172
« First < 75797103104105106107 108109110111117157 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:57 PM 01-27-2015
any of you fuckers get down this way ill be glad to buy you a beer sometime.
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 01:42 PM 01-27-2015
I hate being stuck at work on nice days. Especially during winter. Supposed to be in the 70s tomorrow and I'll be stuck in the office. By this weekend, temps are supposed to be back to normal, meaning too cold to ride. Winter sucks.
[Reply]
Dayze 01:43 PM 01-27-2015
Originally Posted by kcfanXIII:
QFT

When I go to BBB, there's a couple hours actually spent at the rally, but the rest of the time is spent riding. Its the same thing every time. Blast down 71 until we can't take it anymore, and start heading southeast through the ozarks. The pig trail runs south out of Eureka Springs, and should be on the bucket list right next to the Dragon.
yep. same here. we spent a total of probably 4 hours at the Rally (and most of that was Saturday night, sitting on a park ledge watching bikes and people roll by down the strip. rest of the time riding. :-)
[Reply]
Dayze 01:48 PM 01-27-2015
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
any of you fuckers get down this way ill be glad to buy you a beer sometime.
when good weather gets here, I'm planning on riding some alphabet highways there around Clinton/Truman lake. Used to ride Z/ZZ and others down there when I had my sportbike; haven't taken the 72 down there yet.

i'd be down to meet up for a cold one or two.
[Reply]
Dayze 01:54 PM 01-27-2015
Originally Posted by kcfanXIII:
QFT

When I go to BBB, there's a couple hours actually spent at the rally, but the rest of the time is spent riding. Its the same thing every time. Blast down 71 until we can't take it anymore, and start heading southeast through the ozarks. The pig trail runs south out of Eureka Springs, and should be on the bucket list right next to the Dragon.
my patch.....and newly shaven pipes from Pig Trail.
Attached: image.jpg (135.7 KB) 
[Reply]
Dayze 01:57 PM 01-27-2015
shaved pipe (sorry for the extra post; wasn't able to upload more than 1 picture)
Attached: image.jpg (197.9 KB) 
[Reply]
Lzen 02:19 PM 01-27-2015
Originally Posted by mac459:
http://www.worthharley-davidson.com/...ails&id=950434

Can you guys take a look at this and tell me your opinions..it's looking good to me but I want to get as much information as possible
Looks like something George Jetson would ride.
[Reply]
Lzen 02:22 PM 01-27-2015
Originally Posted by Dayze:
sounds like me when I tell the wife "honey, I'll be right back. I"m gonna go get a can of chew"

come back about 2 hours later. :-)
Ha ha, I've done that.
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 02:28 PM 01-27-2015
my patch.....and newly shaven pipes from Pig Trail.
my patch is on the left side of my vest in my avi pic there. Can't see it, but its there. I took the old lady to Eureka for a friend's wedding. We didn't ride much except around town and now I can't get her to shut up about going back... She's a keeper.
[Reply]
Dayze 03:33 PM 01-27-2015
:-)

sounds like my brother. for years I told him about the roads down there, and he sort of brushed it off. he bought his first bike back in early fall of '13. we did some rides around this area that were 'ok' in terms of shit around here. he nearly shit when we went down there. Pig Trail and parts of Eureka were bad ass. if you can ride those roads, you can ride anywhere.
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 03:39 PM 01-27-2015

sounds like my brother. for years I told him about the roads down there, and he sort of brushed it off. he bought his first bike back in early fall of '13. we did some rides around this area that were 'ok' in terms of shit around here. he nearly shit when we went down there. Pig Trail and parts of Eureka were bad ass. if you can ride those roads, you can ride anywhere.
I'll never forget the first time riding 62 into Eureka. I saw that sign that said "Next 5 miles crooked and steep" and just started grinning ear to ear.
[Reply]
Dayze 03:54 PM 01-27-2015
I have a picue somewhere that a rider and his wife in the back of the pack took; when we hit the first 'Dangerous Curves' type sign, the first 5 bikes in the line of about 8 of us all put our arms up like one would on a roller coaster and his wife/passenger happened t snap the pic at that moment. it's a kick ass picture. wish I had a hardcopy of it...it exists 'somewhere' on the many thumb drives or old laptops we have.
[Reply]
Sygerrik 06:19 PM 01-27-2015
It's worth it to venture off the worn path when you're down there. Pig Trail is awesome, so is Magazine Mt. even though it's out of the way for a fairly short ride. Best riding I've found down there though, is following Rt. 74/123/7 south out of Jasper, towards Russellville.

The whole road was repaved last year, and it's far more technical than the Pig Trail. Best part though? I saw one car the entire 70+ mile run, and that was in June on a weekend.

It's in the hinterlands though, you don't want to break down or run out of gas.
[Reply]
Dayze 08:02 PM 01-27-2015
Originally Posted by Sygerrik:
It's worth it to venture off the worn path when you're down there. Pig Trail is awesome, so is Magazine Mt. even though it's out of the way for a fairly short ride. Best riding I've found down there though, is following Rt. 74/123/7 south out of Jasper, towards Russellville.

The whole road was repaved last year, and it's far more technical than the Pig Trail. Best part though? I saw one car the entire 70+ mile run, and that was in June on a weekend.

It's in the hinterlands though, you don't want to break down or run out of gas.
[Reply]
seaofred 02:31 PM 01-28-2015
Almost 70 degrees today... Rode the bike, and going to take an extra 20 miles on the way home. I love this weather.
[Reply]
Page 107 of 172
« First < 75797103104105106107 108109110111117157 > Last »
Up