ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 11
« First < 7891011
The Marty Lounge>AFC rivals haven't closed gap on Chiefs...
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:03 AM 05-03-2021
A good read here in case you missed it, I will put the text in a spoiler...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...his-offseason/

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Oxford 09:42 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Smith, Blythe, LDT as your backup IOL, Niang as the backup ST. (I'm not sold on Remmers...at all. After the SB I wanted his ass gone). Would be better off with Niang or Long at RT with Smith at RG if Long were to move outside.
It will be interesting to see how little playing time Mike Remmers gets in camp. I think he is the known quantity among Niang, Long and LDT. If he starts to get pre-season time, that means they have made their mind up on the others. I think Allegretti is in a better place than Remmers.
[Reply]
Cave Johnson 09:45 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Oxford:
It will be interesting to see how little playing time Mike Remmers gets in camp. I think he is the known quantity among Niang, Long and LDT. If he starts to get pre-season time, that means they have made their mind up on the others. I think Allegretti is in a better place than Remmers.
Remmers was guaranteed $3.3M.

He's the swing tackle at worst.
[Reply]
Cave Johnson 09:46 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Rausch:
This offseason was the OLine overhaul - next offseason will be DL...
FYP.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:35 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by O.city:
In today's NFL, if you aren't Jalen Ramsey, I don't know the difference between a decent CB and a good one is much. The rules just don't allow you to be physical.

Build the front 7 and get adequate CB's.
Certainly you'd like better than adequate but they at least should be cheap.

In theory though, I agree. Draft your CB's, play them early, and then let them go if they're terrible or get too expensive. Draft some more and repeat the cycle.
[Reply]
O.city 10:46 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Certainly you'd like better than adequate but they at least should be cheap.

In theory though, I agree. Draft your CB's, play them early, and then let them go if they're terrible or get too expensive. Draft some more and repeat the cycle.
Exactly. Just keep doing what they've been doing. If your front 7 is legit, the back just needs to be smart and adequate.

Defense these days is more about having 11 guys who are atleast adequate and functional and play together. It's too hard to cover a huge hole.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 11
« First < 7891011
Up