ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 111 of 146
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:52 PM 02-09-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Not yet.

In time, probably. But McDuffie looked real uncomfortable with those slot responsibilities in the Bengals game. He rallied and kept punching and by the end of the game was adequate, but he's not there yet.
McDuffie was playing against one of the best slot receivers in the game. Yeah he struggled a bit. But he didn't struggle in previous games.

I agree with you. He's not quite there yet. But he will be. I think he's going to be a star.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:53 PM 02-09-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I would be willing to bet right now that Philly won't score more than 24. I think this defense is going to surprise some people on Sunday.
I said early in the season that red zone defense would be our strength. I thought the length of the new CBs combined with the shorter field that would paper over some of Bolton's shortcomings in space would really work to our advantage in those tight spaces. Then you throw in Karlaftis/Dunlaps ability to block passing lanes and get their hands up for timing routes and I would've been dead certain that, while we may struggle in between the 20s, we'd be nails in the red zone.

The numbers say I was dead-ass wrong and in fact we were a pretty terrible red zone defense.

If we don't improve over our average in the red zone, the game stays relatively close but Mahomes is too much for them and we pull it off. But if we play to where I THOUGHT the strengths of this team might be and tighten up our red zone efficiency, we could very easily dominate this ballgame.

I mean 2 trips down there that turn into FGs for Philly will absolutely cost them this game. They could maybe survive 1, but anything beyond that and I think they're toast.
[Reply]
tredadda 05:01 PM 02-09-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It's a very difficult defense to deal with when McDuffie and Sneed are on the field.

Mostly because Spags is a tinkerer and when he has 2 guys he can put in man coverage out there and one of them is a guy like Sneed that he can put essentially anywhere on the field, it allows him to switch up coverages on a play to play basis and keep QBs guessing.

McDuffie was just such a perfect pick and he's an ideal complement to Sneed. They unlock a TON of what Spags wants to do on the back end. The more I watched that Bengals game, the more I realized how varied Spags was being in his coverage and how much that impacted what Poverty Cleveland was able to do with their passing attack.
So glad Veach jumped Buffalo to get him.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:55 PM 02-09-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
So Florio and Chris Simms both picked the Chiefs, that caught me off guard.
With friends like Florio...
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:04 PM 02-09-2023
I'm getting fucking triggered at work right now

https://imgur.com/ezZ6Krs
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:06 PM 02-09-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
And Spags.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:08 PM 02-09-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I'm getting fucking triggered at work right now

https://imgur.com/ezZ6Krs
Meh, $100 says Mahomes charity feeds more people in an hour than whoever this is does in a year... all of those cans are probably fucking lima beans anyway
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:11 PM 02-09-2023
They're LA people. They don't know shit about football, they all thought the Eagles logo was from Silver Linings Playbook
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:14 PM 02-09-2023
They're LA people. They don't know shit about football, they all thought the Eagles logo was from Silver Linings Playbook
:-)
[Reply]
raybec 4 06:17 PM 02-09-2023
McDuffie was playing against one of the best slot receivers in the game. Yeah he struggled a bit. But he didn't struggle in previous games.

I agree with you. He's not quite there yet. But he will be. I think he's going to be a star.
I'm baffled as to why Sneed doesn't get more love from the national press. He's probably a top 10 DB in the entire league but they treat him lioke an afterthought. Hopefully McDuffie can be just as good or better.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:18 PM 02-09-2023
I'm surprised that Dane hasn't stopped by yet since it's SB week
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:30 PM 02-09-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I'm baffled as to why Sneed doesn't get more love from the national press. He's probably a top 10 DB in the entire league but they treat him lioke an afterthought. Hopefully McDuffie can be just as good or better.
Not enough splash plays. Only 8 INTs over three seasons, meanwhile we had Diggs a year or two ago snag like 6 in one season?
[Reply]
RunKC 06:54 PM 02-09-2023
I would be willing to bet right now that Philly won't score more than 24. I think this defense is going to surprise some people on Sunday.
Hurts has thrown a grand total of 2 TD’s in his last 4 games he’s started. 121 passing attempts and that’s it.

I’m not convinced he’s better than Jimmy G when we played him in the Super Bowl.

Plus his shoulder on his throwing arm is still injured.

If you can stop the run he’s gonna have a real hard time
[Reply]
MIAdragon 06:59 PM 02-09-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
It’s a theme….
[Reply]
tredadda 07:17 PM 02-09-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
And Spags.
Really? I didn’t know Buffalo was trying to get him before KC.
[Reply]
Page 111 of 146
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121 > Last »
Up