[Reply]
BWillie 03:58 PM 09-23-2023
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Man who hurt you, dude? You okay?
Huh?
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:10 PM 09-23-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers:
Been seeing a few voices I respect saying that Smith will probably have to go, but I respectfully disagree

These dudes appear to be genuine buds who hang out all the time, and that kinda chemistry is worth its weight in gold... these guys are going to know what the other is doing more often than not, and they're gonna fight for each other

That duo is the heart of this O line, we GOTTA keep them together somehow
We've broken up best buds on the team before. And you can bet your ass we're going to do it again.

Trey is great. I love Trey. But he's not consistent enough to be worth it when it comes time for it to be "his turn" to earn a top 5 contract for his position. Creed, meanwhile, will probably receive top C money, and he'll have earned it because he is a top 2 C, if not the best.

Unfortunately, Trey's fate was sealed when we gave all that money to Jawaan Taylor. Not much we can do about it now.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:13 PM 09-23-2023
Who the hell keeps bumping up these random draft threads of our best players?

Because… Keep up the good work
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:26 PM 09-23-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
We've broken up best buds on the team before. And you can bet your ass we're going to do it again.

Trey is great. I love Trey. But he's not consistent enough to be worth it when it comes time for it to be "his turn" to earn a top 5 contract for his position. Creed, meanwhile, will probably receive top C money, and he'll have earned it because he is a top 2 C, if not the best.

Unfortunately, Trey's fate was sealed when we gave all that money to Jawaan Taylor. Not much we can do about it now.
Like I said... I respectfully disagree

Trey has occasional miscues in pass pro, but in no way do they overshadow everything else he does well... its just two guys, thats not too big an ask to maintain a tight knit, elite core
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:22 PM 09-23-2023
Like I said... I respectfully disagree

Trey has occasional miscues in pass pro, but in no way do they overshadow everything else he does well... its just two guys, thats not too big an ask to maintain a tight knit, elite core
I guess it's possible to pay him AND Humphrey, but I'd say the following things have to go right at minimum to make it happen:

1. Jones will have moved on somewhere else by that point. I know that's probably a given, but I figured I should put it on the checklist anyway.

2. Thuney will be gone. Again, not too much of a big ask given where he's at in the contract and his age.

3. Either Taylor moves over to LT or the Chiefs find a way to keep paying that position dirt cheap either through finding a starter in the draft or some other odd solution. I don't think they can spend big on a free agent or through trading for an established veteran, even one who's still got a couple years left on his rookie deal if that somehow manages to manifest itself.

4. The Chiefs continue to go cheap at WR and DB for the next several years. If they end up drafting and developing a WR into a quality starter, he's not going to get paid at the end of his rookie deal with the way WR contracts have exploded relative to the cap in recent seasons. There is some flexibility here if Kelce retires, I'd say, but we definitely can't hand out an AJ Brown-type contract to anybody.

That means the Chiefs need to find the following through cheap means (most likely the draft):

A starting OT, a starting LG, either another quality passrusher or a decent pair of solid starting hogs at DT, and decent replacements for at least half of the secondary and WRs.

Again... it's possible. Worth it, though? I'd rather be able to keep around Bolton and one of Gay or Chenal. Plus a good safety. And Karlaftis and FAU will be getting deep into their rookie deals by that point. We should probably try to keep ONE of them. How about some cash to target a Carlos Dunlap-type veteran to fill in a gap or two? And yeah, you don't necessarily NEED those things, but if you do walk away from them, we're going to need to draft a cheap replacement if we have hope of keeping a balanced and talented team for Pat to work his magic with.

Man, in that case it's just plain easier to try to find a replacement at RG.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 05:47 PM 09-23-2023
I guess it's possible to pay him AND Humphrey, but I'd say the following things have to go right at minimum to make it happen:

3. Either Taylor moves over to LT or the Chiefs find a way to keep paying that position dirt cheap either through finding a starter in the draft or some other odd solution. I don't think they can spend big on a free agent or through trading for an established veteran, even one who's still got a couple years left on his rookie deal if that somehow manages to manifest itself.
I think the Chiefs are banking on Wanya Morris becoming the starting LT next year at a dirt cheap rate for 3 seasons. It may or may not happen, but if it does it opens up a huge amount of potential cap space for a prime position, which seems to be their plan. There’s a legit chance that next year our LT and top three WRs are making literally nothing. That gives you so much money to spend elsewhere.

Again, it’s a risk and may not happen, but clearly they are trying that approach. Based on their track record, I’m willing to trust them on it.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:21 PM 09-23-2023

1. Jones will have moved on somewhere else by that point. I know that's probably a given, but I figured I should put it on the checklist anyway.

2. Thuney will be gone. Again, not too much of a big ask given where he's at in the contract and his age.

4. The Chiefs continue to go cheap at WR and DB for the next several years. If they end up drafting and developing a WR into a quality starter, he's not going to get paid at the end of his rookie deal with the way WR contracts have exploded relative to the cap in recent seasons. There is some flexibility here if Kelce retires, I'd say, but we definitely can't hand out an AJ Brown-type contract to anybody.

That means the Chiefs need to find the following through cheap means (most likely the draft):

A starting OT, a starting LG, either another quality passrusher or a decent pair of solid starting hogs at DT, and decent replacements for at least half of the secondary and WRs.

Again... it's possible. Worth it, though? I'd rather be able to keep around Bolton and one of Gay or Chenal. Plus a good safety. And Karlaftis and FAU will be getting deep into their rookie deals by that point. We should probably try to keep ONE of them. How about some cash to target a Carlos Dunlap-type veteran to fill in a gap or two? And yeah, you don't necessarily NEED those things, but if you do walk away from them, we're going to need to draft a cheap replacement if we have hope of keeping a balanced and talented team for Pat to work his magic with.

Man, in that case it's just plain easier to try to find a replacement at RG.
1 - Jones is gone and we all know it, just praise the saints we weren't left standing there almost naked on the D line this year... both parties will move on amicably next year no doubt

2 - Thuney has been a rock, but I'd bet on a divorce in the future and good luck to him

3 - Taylor moving to LT is the ideal outcome no question about it, that needs to happen

4 - Not worried about the receiver room at all, at least a few of these guys will develop and 15 can shine up a shit sandwich if he has to... but its probably time to find the Kelce heir apparent

5 - not even worried about this defense at all, the pipeline is pretty loaded across the board... and we get an honest chance to move on from Jones next year, not left standing there like idiots in week one

All the other worries about contracts coming up a couple years from now are in the rear view.... Veach will deal with it when we get there
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:27 PM 09-23-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
I think the Chiefs are banking on Wanya Morris becoming the starting LT next year at a dirt cheap rate for 3 seasons. It may or may not happen, but if it does it opens up a huge amount of potential cap space for a prime position, which seems to be their plan. There’s a legit chance that next year our LT and top three WRs are making literally nothing. That gives you so much money to spend elsewhere.

Again, it’s a risk and may not happen, but clearly they are trying that approach. Based on their track record, I’m willing to trust them on it.
I think Morris is an option for them that they'll monitor throughout the season. Based on history, however, when the Chiefs haven't been sure about a guy on their roster playing tackle as a starter, they will simply look elsewhere. Wylie got his chance because of injury-- so unless something bad happens to the tackle room this season, and Morris steps in and looks serviceable or not like complete and total trash, I don't anticipate the Chiefs entering training camp and saying, "Morris is our guy" without at least bringing in a decent veteran (most likely Smith again) or a somewhat higher draft pick for competition.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:20 PM 09-23-2023
2 - Thuney has been a rock, but I'd bet on a divorce in the future and good luck to him
No doubt but Pat has enough worries with our tackle situation presently as it is and Pat's initial o-line issues were the interior which have been fixed finally. I think Reid/Veach might just play ball with Thuney more because they know how valuable having that middle plugged up is essential. I am betting both parties come to the middle on a new contract.:-)
[Reply]
BossChief 08:37 PM 09-23-2023
Thuney just restructured. I highly doubt he’s going anywhere for the next couple years.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:03 PM 11-08-2023
#onlyfans

[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:57 AM 12-04-2023
Does anyone have a gif/vid of Creeds "holding" call? I'd like to use it for teach tape for my kids pee wee team.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:02 AM 12-04-2023
restructuring Thuney makes him un-cuttable for a couple of years. This is why you don't want to move money forward all of the time. I know some folks don't understand that.

That likely means Smith walks.

You're only going to be able to afford one of them, you pay Creed.
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:05 AM 12-04-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
restructuring Thuney makes him un-cuttable for a couple of years. This is why you don't want to move money forward all of the time. I know some folks don't understand that.

That likely means Smith walks.

You're only going to be able to afford one of them, you pay Creed.
You could cut Thuney as early as 2025 and save $16 million. He is not going to hinder signing both of these other guys if their first year cap hit is a bit lower. You're wrong.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 09:15 AM 12-04-2023
I thought the holding call was BS but in the slow motion replay it did look like he was tight in and holding the defender's jersey. I do think this happens all the time and rarely gets called. We just had one of those refs who decided to be a stickler at that moment. Jee whiz.

The "inside the frame" of the defender thing is not part of the rule.

NFL RULE SUMMARY

An offensive player may not use his hands or arms to materially restrict an opponent or alter the defender’s path or angle of pursuit. It is a foul regardless of whether the blocker’s hands are inside or outside the frame of the defender’s body. Material restrictions include but are not limited to:

grabbing or tackling an opponent;
hooking, jerking, twisting, or turning him; or
pulling him to the ground.
[Reply]
Page 42 of 51
« First < 323839404142 43444546 > Last »
Up