ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 80
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2020 Missouri Tigers Football Thread *****
KChiefs1 10:06 AM 09-19-2020

ONE. WEEK. ‼️#MIZ x #NewZou ���� pic.twitter.com/lVw1iNzQKL

— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) September 19, 2020

The 2020 Mizzou Football schedule is out, and woo-boy we get Bama and LSU in week 1 and 3 https://t.co/TD1UgG3JMp

— ROCK Mask NATION (@RockMNation) August 18, 2020

[Reply]
Mosbonian 12:25 PM 10-02-2021
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
His teams are terrible at defense that I do know. The talent issue may be Odoms fault, but players not even attempting to make a tackle is on him.
Totally agree that the lack of talent is due to Odom's terrible recruiting....and also agree that their level of play is on Wilks and Drink. There is no excuse for the poor defensive efforts.

And...I do have concerns that at some point it will affect recruiting
[Reply]
Mosbonian 12:31 PM 10-02-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:

Give Drink a couple recruiting cycles and you’ll see a big disparity on talent alone.

You can only ‘coach up’ garbage so far. Mizzou would be extremely fortunate to finish .500 this year and get a bowl berth.
I think Drink should be given time to bring in his own guys before being judged for total effort.

But even acknowledging that they have nothing but crappy defensive players you can't completely look the other way on just how poor they are performing.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:42 PM 10-02-2021
“I’m sad”

What a placquard
[Reply]
F150 12:50 PM 10-02-2021
My Mizzou friends have all moved on to the discussion of who can Mizzou hire to replace Drink and when will Mizzou fire the AD. They dont have to think it through they still remember the last 4 or 5 times they were singing that song.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:53 PM 10-02-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
“I’m sad”

What a placquard
:-)

Also doesn’t care about Mizzou. :-)
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:59 PM 10-02-2021
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
I think Drink should be given time to bring in his own guys before being judged for total effort.

But even acknowledging that they have nothing but crappy defensive players you can't completely look the other way on just how poor they are performing.
Their run D needs major work, no doubt.

That said, I’m not gonna hold Barry’s leftovers against Drink. They don’t have SEC level talent on the D-Line, which is why they’re getting gashed.

If this is still happening in a couple years when we’re restocked with Drink’s recruits, then I’ll worry.

I’m willing to give him time to get his guys in that fits his scheme and the type of offense and defense he wants to run.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:19 PM 10-02-2021
Theres only 15 schools drink would go to - Duncan
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:24 PM 10-02-2021
14-49
32-51
34-24
28-35
34-41
24-62

Those are the last six games against D-1 schools.

I don't think it's pitchfork time, but this team has to show growth over the second half of the season. Obviously, Wilks is a clown, but if the guys Odom recruited are as bad as we claim, then Drink's recruits should be able to crack the lineup and show progress.

Bazelak looks to have regressed as well. Altogether, just a very disappointing year so far.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:22 PM 10-02-2021
I didn’t see any of today’s game - I was watching my kids “play” soccer (which means the girl stands around and complains about how hot it is on the field, and the boy flirts with any blonde girl on the team who is not his sister).

But they clearly have a talent issue as well as a scheme issue.

I’ve long disliked the idea of playing 3-man DL groups at the college level unless you have elite guy up front. They’re trying to run a 3-3-5 and just don’t have the talent for it in the front 6 of the defense.

The defensive stuff is all new, but I don’t know if they can improve enough from now until seasons end to convince folks they should stick around to continue improving in year 2. Not sure Wilks is an answer. Pretty sure he has no answer.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:36 PM 10-02-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Theres only 15 schools drink would go to - Duncan
Nick Saban couldn't come to Mizzou and turn around the stink from Odom's time here in his 2nd year. I'll reserve judgement until next year. Odoms best class was his last and it was #37 in the nation. Before that they were ranked 40 or worse. Drinks first real class (27) is the best class since 2015 (25) and then until 2010 (21). So far next year is ranked 18th and has a chance to be even higher ranked with other recruits, especially Luther Burden. 247's Allen Trieu who has correctly predicted where 63/66 of 2022 recruits are going and has been correct on 505/540 commitments all time is not predicting he's coming to Mizzou.

I'm not worried one bit and we're gonna become a really good team under Drink.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:00 PM 10-02-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I didn’t see any of today’s game - I was watching my kids “play” soccer (which means the girl stands around and complains about how hot it is on the field, and the boy flirts with any blonde girl on the team who is not his sister).

But they clearly have a talent issue as well as a scheme issue.

I’ve long disliked the idea of playing 3-man DL groups at the college level unless you have elite guy up front. They’re trying to run a 3-3-5 and just don’t have the talent for it in the front 6 of the defense.

The defensive stuff is all new, but I don’t know if they can improve enough from now until seasons end to convince folks they should stick around to continue improving in year 2. Not sure Wilks is an answer. Pretty sure he has no answer.
They started the game in a 4-2-5, then moved to a 3-3-5 with Hansford or Wingo lining up as a MLB, then went back to a 4-2-5. It's like watching Greg Robinson drop Ryan Sims into coverage against the Colts in '03. Wilks is just throwing shit against a wall.

Guys are getting blown off the ball, missing assignments, losing containment, everything. It has all the downsides of the Steckel defenses (lack of discipline leading to huge plays) combined with the absent pass rush of the Walters defenses and the abject confusion of the Demontie Cross defenses.

It's the worst coached unit in Power 5 on either side of the ball.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:10 PM 10-02-2021
Since KU fans seem to enjoy posting in the Mizzou thread:

Any thoughts on the KU game so far guys?

Pablo?

PB?

Anyone . . . . . . . . ?
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 10:28 PM 10-02-2021
Damn, it only took a year at Mizzou to completely break Coach Drink.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:42 AM 10-03-2021
Forgot to tune and and fuck am I glad. The honeymoon period is over. Fire Wilks the fuck out of a cannon
[Reply]
Jimkcchief88 07:02 AM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by F150:
My Mizzou friends have all moved on to the discussion of who can Mizzou hire to replace Drink and when will Mizzou fire the AD. They dont have to think it through they still remember the last 4 or 5 times they were singing that song.
Is it a coincidence that the two WORST football programs in the SEC (Mizzou/Vandy) both have female AD’s???😳
[Reply]
Page 57 of 80
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167 > Last »
Up