ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 34
« First < 202627282930 31323334 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Wanya Morris Thread*****
Dante84 08:43 PM 04-28-2023
More to come!

Wanya Morris was drafted with pick 92 of round 3 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 8.35 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 215 out of 1294 OT from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/KnzoH8NdfS pic.twitter.com/KZgxtMNcfb

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2023

Pick 95: Wanya Morris OT OU

The competition at RT isn't eye popping but it may be enough to feel comfortable to not reach. Adding another hat to the ring may be the move.

Morris has the length and natural movement the Chiefs often look for at OT. Clean up his hands & thrive pic.twitter.com/tDDr7f22NC

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) April 24, 2023

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:44 AM 01-08-2024
22 pressures in 5 games. That's not even replacement level
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 10:44 AM 01-08-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Neck Stinger, probably a pinched nerve, takes awhile to quit hurting. I'm thinking he practices this week and is available, but no sure.
I’d bet Smith starts Saturday as has been the plan all along.

He practiced last week.
[Reply]
wachashi 10:46 AM 01-08-2024
I'm hopeful Smith can return. They didn't put him on IR at the outset so that's somewhat encouraging at least.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:46 AM 01-08-2024
He needs to. We've missed him. As frustrating as Taylors penalties have been, we actually have a really good duo of pass blocking tackles when both are healthy. Both pretty far up the rankings of pass block win rate while being amongst the least helped OL.
Attached: Screenshot_20240108-100516.jpg (57.5 KB) 
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:03 AM 01-08-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
I mean it really is a question of how much weight you put on the LV game.

Because really, 12 pressures in 4 games is tolerable. It'll play. Especially for a rookie mid-rounder; it shows someone who may grow into a solid LT.

10 of those 22 pressures game in that Raiders game where I wouldn't have been noticeably worse than he was. Was that game so incredibly awful that it should supersede anything he's done in the games around it? Because around that game, notably the Bengals, Packers and Patriot games, he's been starting caliber. Needs a little help still, but someone you can put in there, plan around and run a good offense.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:07 AM 01-08-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Because really, 12 pressures in 4 games is tolerable. It'll play. Especially for a rookie mid-rounder; it shows someone who may grow into a solid LT.

10 of those 22 pressures game in that Raiders game where I wouldn't have been noticeably worse than he was. Was that game so incredibly awful that it should supersede anything he's done in the games around it? Because around that game, notably the Bengals, Packers and Patriot games, he's been starting caliber. Needs a little help still, but someone you can put in there, plan around and run a good offense.
Going to have to put more games where he's serviceable on his record to be able to write that one off.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 11:13 AM 01-08-2024
I've said this the whole time outside of one game. He's been next level awful. An absolute turnstile.
[Reply]
crispystl 11:17 AM 01-08-2024
Originally Posted by Kman34:
I think Rt tackle would be the better position for him.. I can totally see Taylor switching to left next year and Morris at Rt… Smith is gone after this year I believe..
Yeah I was wondering about that hen they move Taylor over yesterday.
[Reply]
O.city 11:18 AM 01-08-2024
Yikes. I guess I need to re evaluate myself and my watching of tackle play. That's bad.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:20 AM 01-08-2024

That Vegas game is why I'd rather have the Chiefs face Buffalo (even on the road) over the Browns. The Ravens DL is also no joke.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 11:21 AM 01-08-2024
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
That Vegas game is why I'd rather have the Chiefs face Buffalo (even on the road) over the Browns. The Ravens DL is also no joke.
I think the point there too is that without our normal starting tackles, we have literally no chance. Morris allows the whole left side of the line to collapse on every passing play.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:51 AM 01-08-2024
If Smith still can't go in the playoffs, kicking Thuney out to LT and starting Allegretti at LG may be necessary.

Morris has been a turnstile and he's not showing any improvement.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:54 AM 01-08-2024
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
Yeah - I have no interest in playing the Browns if Smith can't play.

Garrett will massacre Morris. He massacres most folks, but Smith - as someone suggested above - can lose slow.

Smith won't win the day against Garrett, nor should he be expected to. But he can lose slowly enough that you can give him help and survive. Morris, OTOH, was losing badly enough and quickly enough that the help didn't make a difference.

Like I said, Morris was so bad that nothing else that happened in the Vegas game could even be given a true analysis. He torched everything. It was brutal. And yeah, Garrett could absolutely do that to us again.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 11:57 AM 01-08-2024
Yeah - I have no interest in playing the Browns if Smith can't play.

Garrett will massacre Morris. He massacres most folks, but Smith - as someone suggested above - can lose slow.

Smith won't win the day against Garrett, nor should he be expected to. But he can lose slowly enough that you can give him help and survive. Morris, OTOH, was losing badly enough and quickly enough that the help didn't make a difference.

Like I said, Morris was so bad that nothing else that happened in the Vegas game could even be given a true analysis. He torched everything. It was brutal. And yeah, Garrett could absolutely do that to us again.
Garrett is an absolute monster. If Smith can't go we HAVE to at least slide Thuney to RT because Pat will be broken in half on the first drive.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:01 PM 01-08-2024
Originally Posted by TheGuardian:
I think the point there too is that without our normal starting tackles, we have literally no chance. Morris allows the whole left side of the line to collapse on every passing play.
No he does not.

Jeez, you guys with your hyperbole.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 34
« First < 202627282930 31323334 >
Up