ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 38
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs attended WR OBJ’s private workout today
Dante84 07:46 PM 03-10-2023

Teams represented at Odell Beckham Jr.'s private workout in Arizona today included the Panthers, Giants, Patriots, Rams, Cardinals, 49ers, Bills, Chiefs, Vikings, Browns and Ravens, per source.

— Jonathan Jones (@jjones9) March 10, 2023

Everybody almost ran out after this one… ������ @obj pic.twitter.com/Lya6wg7wuN

— Prince Amukamara (@PrinceAmukamara) March 11, 2023

Odell Beckham Jr showing off the hands and the speed for several NFL teams in the private workout today in Arizona.

Looks pretty good running after undergoing ACL surgery last year.pic.twitter.com/t1ZITirzRK

— Doug Rush (@TheDougRush) March 11, 2023

Talked to a few people who attended Odell Beckham's workout. One noted how noticeably muscular Beckham looks now, likening him to a combination of Saquon Barkley and Deebo Samuel. Another said Beckham is simply a gifted athlete and that hasn't changed. Explosion was there.

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) March 11, 2023

[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:13 AM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Hopkins is the better receiver and better scheme fit at this point. He will take attention away from Kelce and is a favourable red zone matchup. I do not trust OBJ’s durability whatsoever and he doth protest too much. D-Hop is a consummate pro. He will work and wants a ring. OBJ wants a bag. Cap/dollars can be massaged/manipulated. Fit cannot.
I'm not sure that Beckham expects a bag. He's probably smart enough to understand that he can't command that in his situation. If not, he'll probably figure it out soon.

I don't worry too much about his ego causing problems. How often does that happen with Reid teams? He'd get plenty of touches and would be competing for a SB in the most creative offense in the league, with the best QB in the league and a coach that will scheme him open constantly. What's he going to bitch about? :-)
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:18 AM 03-21-2023
I'd love to have Hopkins on the roster, but trading premier draft picks and giving a huge contract to an aging vet seems pretty desperate and risky. Leave that shit to the Bills or idiot franchises like Denver.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:54 AM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
dhop > obj

is that the consensus?
I think Dhop is the more reliable player and you're more likely to get a complete season out of him.

When they're both fully healthy and on the field they're both premiere talents at the position, though i think OBJ offers a bit more speed. Both have some of the best hands in the game but i think the nod there goes to Dhop.

But with Dhop, you're paying a premium for that extra reliability as he'll cost at least 2-3x as much $$$ + draft picks.

You're effectively paying that additional premium for better odds that you'll get 20 games out of him.

Talent wise, they're similar. Health/availability wise, they're not. So imo, that's what you have to weigh out when determining if the additional cost to acquire one vs the other is worth it.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 10:01 AM 03-21-2023
Why not get 'em both? If anything just to hear the salty bitch crying from other fanbases about how everything is rigged in our favor and that the salary cap doesn't apply to us. Plus, we've already won 2, why not take a shot at an undefeated season while Kelce is still in his prime and the D is acceptable?
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:02 AM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
Why not get 'em both? If anything just to hear the salty bitch crying from other fanbases about how everything is rigged in our favor and that the salary cap doesn't apply to us. Plus, we've already won 2, why not take a shot at an undefeated season while Kelce is still in his prime and the D is acceptable?
Because you can't afford both of them?
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:31 AM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I'd love to have Hopkins on the roster, but trading premier draft picks and giving a huge contract to an aging vet seems pretty desperate and risky. Leave that shit to the Bills or idiot franchises like Denver.
Premier? We don't have premier draft picks do we?
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 11:03 AM 03-21-2023
Neither survive Bounty Gate II: the kicking mules
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:00 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Premier? We don't have premier draft picks do we?
However you want to label it, I'm not in favor of giving up a 1st.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:14 PM 03-21-2023
Thought it was a 2nd?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:17 PM 03-21-2023
They're not asking for a 1st so it's moot.

They reportedly want to start at a 2nd rounder and go from there.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:05 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They're not asking for a 1st so it's moot.

They reportedly want to start at a 2nd rounder and go from there.
Thought it was reported that the Chiefs offered them a 2nd but they were holding out for a first. Haven't been keeping up with it closely.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:08 PM 03-21-2023
Thought it was reported that the Chiefs offered them a 2nd but they were holding out for a first. Haven't been keeping up with it closely.
I think if anyone were offering a 2nd his ass would be traded by now.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:38 PM 03-21-2023
No, AFAIK nobody has offered them anything yet. At least not that's been acknowledged publicly. There's been several talking heads that have said the Cardinals starting price was a 2nd rounder.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:30 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
No, AFAIK nobody has offered them anything yet. At least not that's been acknowledged publicly. There's been several talking heads that have said the Cardinals starting price was a 2nd rounder.
I wouldn't be opposed to giving up the 2nd, especially when it's basically a 3rd. Not sure I'd pay him 18 per for 3 or more years though.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:32 PM 03-21-2023
I wouldn't be opposed to giving up the 2nd, especially when it's basically a 3rd. Not sure I'd pay him 18 per for 3 or more years though.
I think the fact that they want to open negotiations at a 2nd rounder suggest they'll take a 3rd or even 4th if they get the right offer.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 38
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up