ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 189 of 200
« First < 89139179185186187188189 190191192193199 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****2018-2019 Official NBA Regular season thread****
dirk digler 05:23 PM 10-16-2018
Didn't see anybody starting this thread so I guess I will.

Anti climatic season starts tonight and my prediction is GS vs Boston in the NBA Finals.

First 2 Games tonight on TNT with Philly vs Boston and OKC vs GS. Westbrook is out tonight so that game will be a blowout most likely.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:41 AM 07-06-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Is it not possible to appreciate both MJ and LeBron? I think Jordan is the best ever, but I'm not going to denigrate LeBron in order to prove that point. Most importantly, bashing one or the other only blinds you to the fleeting nature (and the privilege) that was watching them play.

I miss Jordan. I'm going to really miss LeBron. I'm lucky I got to see both of them play. Enjoy the nuance of the difference in their games and their unique brilliance and you'll find that watching basketball becomes far more fun, because it's about enjoying athletic artistry, not winning an internet argument.
I just don’t like Lebron, but that doesn’t mean I don’t respect him or appreciate him. I was actually a hide fan before The Decision.

He’s the second best player I’ve ever seen and when he became the villain for me, it was still fun. That also doesn’t mean that a lot of the criticisms he receives aren’t warranted. He has bitch tendencies.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:42 AM 07-06-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I'm afraid this thread is evidence otherwise.
That's because you post here more than anyone
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 10:43 AM 07-06-2019
Nothing in particular. The Boston fans just finally got him banned for all the (truthful) Brady slander.
Freaking losers.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:45 AM 07-06-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
You summed up my feelings perfectly.
I've felt that way for a long time, but it was greatly reinforced going to St. Louis a few weeks ago. Pujols was a reason to stop what you were doing and watch him bat for a decade. The mind is still willing, but the body failed him years ago. His heavier, long-since bald, with creaky knees and a slow bat. The decline is sad, and it should make you appreciate the skill of the prime years. Otherwise, all you have is bickering and lament.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:47 AM 07-06-2019
Is it not possible to appreciate both MJ and LeBron? I think Jordan is the best ever, but I'm not going to denigrate LeBron in order to prove that point. Most importantly, bashing one or the other only blinds you to the fleeting nature (and the privilege) that was watching them play.

I miss Jordan. I'm going to really miss LeBron. I'm lucky I got to see both of them play. Enjoy the nuance of the difference in their games and their unique brilliance and you'll find that watching basketball becomes far more fun, because it's about enjoying athletic artistry, not winning an internet argument.
100% spot on
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:50 AM 07-06-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I just don’t like Lebron, but that doesn’t mean I don’t respect him or appreciate him. I was actually a hide fan before The Decision.

He’s the second best player I’ve ever seen and when he became the villain for me, it was still fun. That also doesn’t mean that a lot of the criticisms he receives aren’t warranted. He has bitch tendencies.
They pretty much all have bitch tendencies.

Kawhi played 2-on-2 on the other side of the court when the Spurs were practicing, then sat out games to force a trade when he was still under contract

Kobe forced out the best center of the last 40 years because he didn't want to share the limelight

Kevin Durant fled to a team that beat him after he collapsed in the playoffs

Shaq shortened his prime because he didn't want to stay in shape

Jordan was a terrible, terrible teammate for a good portion of his career

The only transcendent player I can think of during my life that didn't have bitch tendencies was probably Tim Duncan
[Reply]
mcaj22 10:54 AM 07-06-2019

Harrell is another good role piece, but he's quite limited in what he can do and can likely be played off the court in any playoff series by a spacing big. I like Zubac's potential but he is completely unproven.

I love that the resident Siakam homer that holds Siakam has this untouchable golden goose player calls Harrell a "role piece" when analytically they are both the same.

Siakam:

OWS DWS WS OBPM DBPM BPM VORP
5.7 3.6 9.3 2.0 1.4 3.4 3.5

Harrell:
OWS DWS WS OBPM DBPM BPM VORP
6.1 2.6 8.7 2.6 1.6 4.2 3.4
[Reply]
Setsuna 10:55 AM 07-06-2019
I said this the moment LeDouche signed with Lakers. He's going there to destroy that franchise. His presence alone deterred PG and Kawhi Leonard. LAL fans will forever rue the day yall signed him.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:58 AM 07-06-2019

Originally Posted by staylor26:

Yeah..where I am although I think Larry was as good and was more fun to watch than Lebron. The guy is just totally unlikable. The anti PM2.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:03 AM 07-06-2019
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Yeah..where I am although I think Larry was as good and was more fun to watch than Lebron. The guy is just totally unlikable. The anti PM2.
How could you say that someone that has given as much as he has back to the community is totally unlikable?

I appreciate you creating the nadir for horrible takes in this thread, though.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:05 AM 07-06-2019
Originally Posted by mcaj22:

Him recruiting PG to silently force a trade with OKC. OKC for whatever reason not leaking it? (At that point what does OKC have to lose?) Then Kawhi forcing the Raptors and Clippers to bid against eachother with OKC in a trade for PG like an episode of Storage Wars.
What is the upside of getting the Raptors and Clippers to bid up PG?

So he can go join a more depleted team?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:08 AM 07-06-2019

Agree with everything here, although I could see the argument for lebron over Jordan. Both are/were incredible talents. I think your position is one maintained by a lot of sane people.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:10 AM 07-06-2019
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Larry? You can’t be serious.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:11 AM 07-06-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Agree with everything here, although I could see the argument for lebron over Jordan. Both are/were incredible talents. I think your position is one maintained by a lot of sane people.
And that's the thing: I can see an argument for LeBron, and I think there are rational points you can make in order to defend it, even if I don't fully agree. The issue, as I'm sure you know, comes from the people that move to either extreme when entrenched in their positions (what does that sound like?). When people say shit like Kobe is much better than LeBron, or that Jordan was just a ball hog, they're either stupid, ignorant, intellectually dishonest, or some combination thereof.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:12 AM 07-06-2019
How could you say that someone that has given as much as he has back to the community is totally unlikable?

I appreciate you creating the nadir for horrible takes in this thread, though.
Have you not seen his shitty social media videos and post game interviews?
[Reply]
Page 189 of 200
« First < 89139179185186187188189 190191192193199 > Last »
Up