« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Lucas Niang Thread*****
Dante84 09:31 PM 04-24-2020
More to come in 2021

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BossChief 11:41 AM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I think the prevalence of spread offenses and the evolution to more passing in general is what is fueling it. The CB's class is really good too. It's because college is just flat out producing more WR's and CB's when so many teams are running 5 wides and the nickel and dime defenses that counter them.
It’s also the salary cap explosion and popularity uptick that’s happened in the NFL.

A lot of the guys that 10-15 years ago would be second basemen and shortstops are becoming NFL corners. A lot of players that normally would be out fielders are choosing football and going the WR route. Same thing applies to quarterbacks.

Even Patrick Mahomes 10 years ago is probably pitching in the majors right now. He’s a prime example of an arm talent that went the NFL route.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:07 PM 04-21-2021
If Burt Vlatch doens't take an OT in the first 3 rounds I'm gonna marry him, then fuck him, then kill him. ~ CP
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:33 PM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I’ve prepared myself for all of the “Fire Veach” screams that are going to come out if we don’t take an OT in the first three rounds.
I think that's highly unlikely; I mean, even if Reid likes Niang at LT, you still don't have a long term answer at RT. Or flip sides, whatever. What I mean is, you have a minimum of ONE OT spot that you don't have a longterm answer for at least.

I'm certain we'll take one in there. My gut says second round.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:09 PM 04-21-2021
As I said before if Niang is truly the Left Tackle for 2021 or future it opens up draft options considerably
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:32 AM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I think that's highly unlikely; I mean, even if Reid likes Niang at LT, you still don't have a long term answer at RT. Or flip sides, whatever. What I mean is, you have a minimum of ONE OT spot that you don't have a longterm answer for at least.

I'm certain we'll take one in there. My gut says second round.
They could always just get one next year if the board doesn't play out the way they want. They do have both Long and Remmers on 1-year deals so they don't really have to address it now, although doing so would be helpful.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:47 AM 04-22-2021
If Niang is looked at as the long term fix at LT, then the best option is obviously to let the board play out and take calls to move back to the mid second to add another third unless a player falls that isn’t expected to.

The third round in this draft is going to be LOADED.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:02 PM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
If Niang is looked at as the long term fix at LT, then the best option is obviously to let the board play out and take calls to move back to the mid second to add another third unless a player falls that isn’t expected to.

The third round in this draft is going to be LOADED.
That should be the plan even if Niang isn't the long term fix at LT.

Reaching for players out of panic causes issues. It's precisely how we ended up with Breeland Speaks.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:05 PM 04-22-2021
We're having the same conversation in 3 different threads at the same time :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:08 PM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It’s been that way all offseason.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:09 PM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It’s been that way all offseason.
MOAR FATTIES!!!1!!
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:11 PM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I'm fine discussing it wherever as long as it's not in the Marry, Fuck, Kill thread.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:18 PM 04-22-2021
To my untrained eye, Niang appears to have more ability than Fisher, especially when Fisher was a rookie. I find it unlkely that he would be incapable of switching to LT and being effective, especially playing next to Thuney.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:22 PM 04-22-2021
Then again it took like three years for Fisher to be effective.

That said I'm still hoping for Rashod Bateman in the first. He's as close to a Sammy replacement as I see in this draft.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:27 PM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
To my untrained eye, Niang appears to have more ability than Fisher, especially when Fisher was a rookie. I find it unlkely that he would be incapable of switching to LT and being effective, especially playing next to Thuney.
If you recall correctly, Fisher has concerns about being raw and there were also concerns about the level of competition he faced in the MAC. His draft stock rose after the Senior Bowl.

By contract, Luke Joeckel was considered not only the best LT prospect in that draft, especially over a small school guy like Fisher, and one of the better LT prospects in a long, long time.

We all saw how that worked out.

There's absolutely no reason to poo poo Niang at LT. For all we know, he's a poor man's Willie Roaf and we hit the freaking lottery in the 3rd round.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:28 PM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
and we hit the freaking lottery in the 3rd round.
Again.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 46
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up