« First < 333383423429430431432433 4344354364374434835339331433 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
New World Order 05:12 PM 08-13-2016
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
When?

When you compared the Chiefs to Double J Jeff Jarrett and Goodell to Vince Mcmahon.
[Reply]
CrossCheck 05:21 PM 08-13-2016
Originally Posted by ChiefsHooligan:
Denver is 5280

Ryan Clark has sickle cell anemia. Come on man your making us look dumb here
Yes I know, nearly 6x higher than KC. Do you really need more quotes on the advantages of altitude?

Yes, I also know he has sickle cell anemia, and due to it he could not play at altitude. duh..

It turned out that Clark had suffered a splenic infarction due to the sickle cell trait from which he has suffered since he was a child; these are usually a risk at high altitudes.
[Reply]
ChiefsHooligan 09:35 PM 08-13-2016
Originally Posted by CrossCheck:
Yes I know, nearly 6x higher than KC. Do you really need more quotes on the advantages of altitude?

Yes, I also know he has sickle cell anemia, and due to it he could not play at altitude. duh..

It turned out that Clark had suffered a splenic infarction due to the sickle cell trait from which he has suffered since he was a child; these are usually a risk at high altitudes.
I've read 5 different articles on what your talking about and it's normally 8000 feet people have trouble at. 3000 feet difference.

Sickle cell anemia is what limits him. Yes he has concerns at altitude. This is one case. How many professional athletes play in denver every year.

Oh and you are oxygen at football games that are not in denver all the time.

I'm sorry you're to stupid to understand this.
[Reply]
Nickhead 09:44 PM 08-13-2016
I've read 5 different articles on what your talking about and it's normally 8000 feet people have trouble at. 3000 feet difference.

Sickle cell anemia is what limits him. Yes he has concerns at altitude. This is one case. How many professional athletes play in denver every year.

I'm sorry you're to stupid to understand this.
:-)
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:06 AM 08-14-2016

and THAT statement pretty much exemplifies the intricate, inner-workings of the collective Donko hive-mind.

Back under your bridge..troll. KnoShow needs a cuddle partner...
[Reply]
Bowser 12:45 AM 08-14-2016
"Too stupid", fuckstick
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:53 AM 08-14-2016
Originally Posted by OctoberFart:
One reason that Denver has a good home field is that the division has been full of garbage football teams for years. Seattle, KC for a long time, Chargers and My Raiders have been junk since 02. Very similar to how the Pats have an awesome home record too is their division has been garbage.
Bronco fanboi...yyyup knew it. You blow the doncs more than knowmo.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:59 AM 08-14-2016
...and yes the cheap pile high advantage exists and it's horsecrap. Wouldn't it better condition you on the road too since elite training groups train at altitude for that exact reason??? What a joke.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:15 AM 08-14-2016
Are people really crying about a supposed altitude advantage?

Sweet....

Jeebus.
[Reply]
OctoberFart 06:30 AM 08-14-2016
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Bronco fanboi...yyyup knew it. You blow the doncs more than knowmo.
Keep trying bud. Just because I know about my rivals and other football teams doesn't mean that I am rooting for them. The Cardinals used to hold TC in Flagstaff AZ but that didn't seem to help them either.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:30 AM 08-14-2016
Again, since 1990… three teams have a better win record @ home than Denver. Packers, Steelers, Ravens.

Broncos have won 120 of 176 home games.
Chiefs have won 116 of 176 home games.

KC is only down 4… I’m not sure what all the whining is about.

From 2002-2011, Denver won 60% of their home games. 11th best in that stretch… no really, only 11th best.
http://www.sportingcharts.com/articl...-nfl-team.aspx --- scroll down

And, during that stretch, the disparity of Home Win % vs Road Win %... 60% vs 47% …. Denver played relatively as well on the road (38 wins) as they did at home (48 wins) in those 160 games. If the altitude were the main reason they were winning, they'd have a greater gap on the road wins. Right? Well 16 other NFL teams had less road wins compared to home wins in that stretch. Yeah, so roughly half the league had greater success at home than on the road than the Broncos did.

So, take that big box of home cooking complaints, turn it sideways and shove it straight up your candy asses… 

And, kudos to anyone that can find a link that details historical home/away records.
[Reply]
threebag 07:48 AM 08-14-2016
The thin air doesn't stop the game saving penelty flag from hitting the field.
[Reply]
BlackOp 08:21 AM 08-14-2016
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Again, since 1990… three teams have a better win record @ home than Denver. Packers, Steelers, Ravens.

Broncos have won 120 of 176 home games.
Chiefs have won 116 of 176 home games.

KC is only down 4… I’m not sure what all the whining is about.

From 2002-2011, Denver won 60% of their home games. 11th best in that stretch… no really, only 11th best.
http://www.sportingcharts.com/articl...-nfl-team.aspx --- scroll down

And, during that stretch, the disparity of Home Win % vs Road Win %... 60% vs 47% …. Denver played relatively as well on the road (38 wins) as they did at home (48 wins) in those 160 games. If the altitude were the main reason they were winning, they'd have a greater gap on the road wins. Right? Well 16 other NFL teams had less road wins compared to home wins in that stretch. Yeah, so roughly half the league had greater success at home than on the road than the Broncos did.

So, take that big box of home cooking complaints, turn it sideways and shove it straight up your candy asses… 

And, kudos to anyone that can find a link that details historical home/away records.
You're cherry picking..again. Since 1970...when Denver became an actual member of the NFL...they have the highest home field winning percentage @ .700.

What that says is...that even when they had bad teams, they won at home. It's why during the "lean" years...they still hover around 7-9. Elway/Manning only played 17 of those seasons...

I posted quotes from your own players saying what a physical advantage it is...unless you are trying to tell me Champ Bailey is a liar.

"Oh, yeah," Bailey said. "In an up-tempo game, the altitude wears you out. Nobody coming in here is used to it."

In the Broncos' home opener against the Steelers on Sept. 9, Ben Roethlisberger's 3-yard pass to Mike Wallace gave Pittsburgh a 19-14 fourth-quarter lead. And then Peyton Manning orchestrated no-huddle drives of 10 and 12 plays, and the Broncos went on to score 17 unanswered points.

"You could see the fatigue," Bailey said of the Steelers. "Peyton has really opened up our offense. If we're in a shootout, it definitely works in our favor."

[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:36 AM 08-14-2016
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
You're cherry picking..again. Since 1970...when Denver became an actual member of the NFL...they have the highest home field winning percentage @ .700.

What that says is...that even when they had bad teams, they won at home. It's why during the "lean" years...they still hover around 7-9. Elway/Manning only played 17 of those seasons...

I posted quotes from your own players saying what a physical advantage it is...unless you are trying to tell me Champ Bailey is a liar.

"Oh, yeah," Bailey said. "In an up-tempo game, the altitude wears you out. Nobody coming in here is used to it."

In the Broncos' home opener against the Steelers on Sept. 9, Ben Roethlisberger's 3-yard pass to Mike Wallace gave Pittsburgh a 19-14 fourth-quarter lead. And then Peyton Manning orchestrated no-huddle drives of 10 and 12 plays, and the Broncos went on to score 17 unanswered points.

"You could see the fatigue," Bailey said of the Steelers. "Peyton has really opened up our offense. If we're in a shootout, it definitely works in our favor."
I'm not cherry picking... I haven't found a link to home vs road wins per franchise, if you have one share it.

That span from 2002-2011 when they were void of an elite QB, the dropoff on road wins compared to home wins not as significant as 16 other teams. So, in a decade where Plummer was their best QB, they won nearly as often on the road as they did at home - and at a better rate than half the league.

If you have a better link to data that supports your cause, post it. I've never claimed the altitude was no big deal, what I've said is that it isn't the key reason they've been successful.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:40 AM 08-14-2016
Originally Posted by threebag02:
The thin air doesn't stop the game saving penelty flag from hitting the field.
With no prime-time QB, you won't have to worry about Denver getting special treatment.
[Reply]
Page 433 of 4890
« First < 333383423429430431432433 4344354364374434835339331433 > Last »
Up