ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 23
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes is 15 TDs away from passing Aikman
petegz28 07:47 AM 07-02-2022

Crazy Stat: Patrick Mahomes could throw 15 touchdowns the rest of his career and still finish with more career touchdown passes than Hall of Fame quarterback Troy Aikman.

Note: Mahomes has played in 102 less games. pic.twitter.com/YzE4B34Xh2

— Sea of Red Nation (@seaofrednation) July 1, 2022

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:01 PM 07-02-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
The difference between Emmitt Smith and CEH is like night and day
fixed
[Reply]
lewdog 02:01 PM 07-02-2022
Clay, I wouldn't expect you to be able to troll the board like this on a nice afternoon now that you have a girlfriend. I can't believe what I'm seeing here!

Is she out of town?
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:02 PM 07-02-2022
She lives in Canada they met at camp
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:02 PM 07-02-2022
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
fixed
I'm not serious
[Reply]
cosmo20002 02:06 PM 07-02-2022
The difference between Emmitt Smith and CEH is health and vision
:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:18 PM 07-02-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Clay, I wouldn't expect you to be able to troll the board like this on a nice afternoon now that you have a girlfriend. I can't believe what I'm seeing here!

Is she out of town?
should be here soon, doing girl things
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:21 PM 07-02-2022
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Clay would you rather felate Aikman or Emmitt
tough question!

do i get to pick the game they just played?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:27 PM 07-02-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
for a good chunk of his career he and Young were neck and neck in the NFC as far as QB ability

I was a little young at the time, but were they though?
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:30 PM 07-02-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Not in the least
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:44 PM 07-02-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
1991 yards per game

Troy Aikman 229
Steve Young 228

1992 yards per game

Steve Young 216
Troy Aikman 215

1993 yards per game

Steve Young 251
Troy Aikman 221

Three years running they were 1st or 2nd in the NFC in passing yards per game.

And this is with Troy playing in a far less QB-friendly system with less talented receivers.

Troy dropped off in 94 but he was still 5th in the NFL in passer rating and 3rd in 95.

Favre didn't surpass Aikman as a QB until after '95, mostly because Aikman was Favre's playoff kryptonite.

Aikman would have had absolutely huge numbers if he had played in a different system. He was a jugs machine and didn't make stupid mistakes.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:50 PM 07-02-2022
Not in the least
Oh? Who was better? Simms? Hebert? Miller? Cunningham?

Get the fuck out of here. None of those guys were better than Troy Aikman.

The only guy you can throw out there is young Favre and he didn't have Aikman's accuracy, and choked in the playoffs when he played Troy.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:56 PM 07-02-2022
Good possibility Mahomes does it in week 5 on MNF with Aikman on the call.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 03:29 PM 07-02-2022
for a good chunk of his career he and Young were neck and neck in the NFC as far as QB ability

a lot of his stats get completely ignored due to the difference in eras and the team he played on, which had a brick wall for a defense and an OL that churned out red zone TDs like fast food burgers

For example, in 1993, troy threw for 3100 yards and 15 TD. What a LOSER!

However, his '93 NFL rankings in:

Completion percentage: 1st (almost 70%, which was unheard of those days)
TDs: 10th
INTs: 1st
YPA: 2nd
Yards per game: 4th
QB rating: 2nd

Take those rankings and apply them to 2021:

70%
27 TD
4 INT
4,886 yards
108 QB rating

And now let's talk about "Playoff Troy Aikman."

When Troy had to face Favre, Kelly and Young in the postseason, you know what his averages were?

281 yards per game, 2.1 TD per game and 0.87 INT per game. And he went 7-1 in those games. That's as good as any QB from that era.

Yes, he was ****ing elite. People who say otherwise never watched him and also don't know what the **** they're talking about when comparing different passing eras.

Had he played today he'd have been dropping 4500 yards and 35 TD on the reg. Probably more, since it's impossible to assemble a team like Dallas did now. He'd be forced to throw more into defenses with far less teeth, that can't even hit him.

He'd buttrape.
He's Derek Carr. A good quarterback that looks good with an elite line and a good running game. Fringe top 10 against today's quarterbacks and would be 4th in the AFC West.
Jimmy Johnson, an elite line, Emmitt Smith, and Michael Irvin made a mediocre quarterback look better than he was. If he was in Kansas City in that era and Dave Kreig was on the Cowboys, Kreig would be in the hall of Fame and nobody would remember who Aikman was.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:34 PM 07-02-2022
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
He's Derek Carr.
Terrible comparison.

Derek Carr doesn't have CLOSE to Troy Aikman's arm or accuracy, not to mention pocket presence. Aikman stood tall in the pocket. I don't ever recall seeing him run from phantom pressure or bail out of a clean pocket.

Derek Carr is a pussy. They're not in the same stratosphere of quarterbacking.

The relaxing of passing rules today is why bums like Derek Carr can throw for 4,000 yards.

If you had put prime Aikman on the 1999 Rams, that team becomes a dynasty instead of a one-off.

Troy was one of the greatest pocket QBs of all time. ALL TIME, MAN. Jugs machine.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 03:37 PM 07-02-2022
Terrible comparison.

Derek Carr doesn't have CLOSE to Troy Aikman's arm or accuracy, not to mention pocket presence. Aikman stood tall in the pocket. I don't ever recall seeing him run from phantom pressure or bail out of a clean pocket.

Derek Carr is a pussy. They're not in the same stratosphere of quarterbacking.

The relaxing of passing rules today is why bums like Derek Carr can throw for 4,000 yards.

If you had put prime Aikman on the 1999 Rams, that team becomes a dynasty instead of a one-off.

Troy was one of the greatest pocket QBs of all time. ALL TIME, MAN. Jugs machine.
I agree. You can't compare stats when it comes to the QB in these different eras. It was much harder to throw the ball in the 90s.

Derek Carr would have gotten killed in 90s when QBs werent as protected. He panics far too often and is too inconsistent to be considered on Aikmans level.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 23
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up