ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 23
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes is 15 TDs away from passing Aikman
petegz28 07:47 AM 07-02-2022

Crazy Stat: Patrick Mahomes could throw 15 touchdowns the rest of his career and still finish with more career touchdown passes than Hall of Fame quarterback Troy Aikman.

Note: Mahomes has played in 102 less games. pic.twitter.com/YzE4B34Xh2

— Sea of Red Nation (@seaofrednation) July 1, 2022

[Reply]
RealSNR 07:50 AM 07-02-2022
For once, I hope we get Aikman on the call that game when it happens.

He was super pissy when people pointed out Mahomes passed his halfway mark of his career just 2 seasons in.
[Reply]
scho63 07:52 AM 07-02-2022
Two words: Emmitt Smith
[Reply]
scho63 07:53 AM 07-02-2022
Aikman also had one of the best Olines for his entire career.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:55 AM 07-02-2022
Also, how does a guy like Aikman get to do color commentary when some of the B and C tier team guys for CBS and FOX are way better at it?

Has anybody ever told FOX (well, now MNF I guess) that he's fucking terrible at it?
[Reply]
tredadda 07:56 AM 07-02-2022
Personally I would rather have Mahomes pass Aikman’s SB rings.
[Reply]
Spott 08:06 AM 07-02-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Also, how does a guy like Aikman get to do color commentary when some of the B and C tier team guys for CBS and FOX are way better at it?

Has anybody ever told FOX (well, now MNF I guess) that he's fucking terrible at it?
Dan Fouts has been doing it forever, so I’m guessing the networks don’t care about the quality of the broadcasters.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:16 AM 07-02-2022
Originally Posted by Spott:
Dan Fouts has been doing it forever, so I’m guessing the networks don’t care about the quality of the broadcasters.
Dan Fouts was never highly sout after or achieved this status as a top tier commentator, though. He got a shot at MNF, and that lasted like 2 years because he was just as terrible as Aikman, just for different reasons.

Aikman has bumbled and bored people to death on top FOX broadcasts for so long and keeps getting raises (and now a promotion). I don't understand it.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:16 AM 07-02-2022
Fuck yeah Pete!! Do u belief?!,,,
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:19 AM 07-02-2022
F Aikman
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:28 AM 07-02-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Has anybody ever told FOX (well, now MNF I guess) that he's ****ing terrible at it?
I don't understand why anyone thinks Buck or Aikman are good, or why they should be a lead team on any network. Hearing their voices markedly reduces the chances I'm going to stay on that channel and watch that game.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:54 AM 07-02-2022
Aikman is dumb
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:33 AM 07-02-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Two words: Emmitt Smith
Originally Posted by scho63:
Aikman also had one of the best Olines for his entire career.
Aikman also played in an era where WR's were frequently mugged and QB's took head shots on the regular with no or few penalties.

Still, Aikman was never anywhere near as good a QB as Mahomes. Had Aikman landed with any other team in that era, he likely isn't a HOF player.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 09:38 AM 07-02-2022
Originally Posted by Spott:
Dan Fouts is the king clown of clown shows, Troy is at least palatable to a degree and that Cowboy brand endears his dumbassery to Cowboy nation, and that's why he still got his shot at mnf over Dan, who unless you're part of the tiny charger fan base you most likely despise as an analyst
[Reply]
DJJasonp 10:05 AM 07-02-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Aikman also played in an era where WR's were frequently mugged and QB's took head shots on the regular with no or few penalties.

Still, Aikman was never anywhere near as good a QB as Mahomes. Had Aikman landed with any other team in that era, he likely isn't a HOF player.
while true - Irvin made a career from pushing off.....and got away with it often.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 23
1 234511 > Last »
Up