LA Rams-HC-Sean McVey
Dolphins-Hc-Mike McDaniel
Red cough Commanders-HC-Ron Rivera

Broncos-Inter HC-Jerry Rosburg
Colts-Inter HC-Jeff Saturday

Hired
Bears-President and CEO -Big Ten Commissioner Kevin Warren
Cardinals-Monti Ossenfort as new general manager
(from my wife's hometown who is also named Cardinals)
Browns-DC-Jim Schwartz
Titans -GM-Ran Carthon
Jets-OC-Nathanial Hackett
Panthers-HC-Frank Reich
Cowboys-OC-Brian Schottenheimer (sp)
Broncos-HC-Sean Peyton

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...irings-firings

Mods-feel free to edit as needed. I will be out of commission for a few days this week.

this is funny
https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...xans-cardinals
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:13 PM 01-19-2023
Roman out of Baltimore
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:25 PM 01-19-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Roman out of Baltimore
Lamar trade in 3-2-1……
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:32 PM 01-19-2023
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
titans biggest issue is thinking running the ball and having tannehill will win you a SB.
Tannehill was the weak link for TEN. Just not a good enough QB if they had to manufacture scores quickly, like when they were ever down by more than a TD. He was a decent front-runner QB. That was the problem this season, because once they traded away their top WR, and an aging and less mobile Tannehill was forced to try and operate the offense without a lead, all of his flaws/weaknesses came to the forefront.

Give them a better pure QB, and then that strategy could work a higher percentage of the time.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:34 PM 01-19-2023
These OC firings today highlight why the QB position is so important. Leftwich was a hot, up and coming OC over the past couple of years. Brady declines significantly and he is gone as the offense is no longer good enough.

Roman was solid when he had Lamar. Once Lamar went down the Ravens PPG plummeted. He made that offense go.

This of course shows just how much of an offensive mind Reid really is. We have an elite offense with Mahomes, but even with Alex this offense was pretty good. He’s 5th all time in wins and has done this with only one elite QB. Just unbelievable.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:37 PM 01-19-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Tannehill was the weak link for TEN. Just not a good enough QB if they had to manufacture scores quickly, like when they were ever down by more than a TD. He was a decent front-runner QB. That was the problem this season, because once they traded away their top WR, and an aging and less mobile Tannehill was forced to try and operate the offense without a lead, all of his flaws/weaknesses came to the forefront.

Give them a better pure QB, and then that strategy could work a higher percentage of the time.
Not defending Tannehill at all but did you see their WRs/TEs this year? Awful. And you can’t afford that with him at QB. Honestly very few QBs in the league could do a ton with those WRs.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:46 PM 01-19-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Not defending Tannehill at all but did you see their WRs/TEs this year? Awful. And you can’t afford that with him at QB. Honestly very few QBs in the league could do a ton with those WRs.
Thought I addressed that in my post. Yeah, I agree, Tannehill was hamstrung by the lack of talent TEN had this season receiving. But a better QB would've been more successful. Maybe that would've translated into more wins, or at least one more W so they could win their division.

But between the lack of receiving talent, Henry's reduced production, and Tannehill's inability to make up the difference and carry the team, TEN was destined to fall short this season, and they did.

Tannehill is okay/fine if he just has to hand-off 30 times a game and operate from a PA/bootleg offense, but ask him to drop back and read and go through his progressions 25 times a game, well that's just not his wheelhouse, that's all I'm saying.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:56 PM 01-19-2023
:-) Its why the Tennessee owner fired Jon Robinson right after the Eagles game. Watching Brown be the spark plug that turned Hurts into an elite playmaker while the Titans took a nose dive pissed her off badly
[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:56 PM 01-19-2023
think I am updated
[Reply]
tk13 01:00 PM 01-19-2023
Have to wonder if Roman leaving is Baltimore trying to appease Lamar in some way or if it means they're just going to blow up the offense and move in a way different direction.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:02 PM 01-19-2023
Thought I addressed that in my post. Yeah, I agree, Tannehill was hamstrung by the lack of talent TEN had this season receiving. But a better QB would've been more successful. Maybe that would've translated into more wins, or at least one more W so they could win their division.

But between the lack of receiving talent, Henry's reduced production, and Tannehill's inability to make up the difference and carry the team, TEN was destined to fall short this season, and they did.

Tannehill is okay/fine if he just has to hand-off 30 times a game and operate from a PA/bootleg offense, but ask him to drop back and read and go through his progressions 25 times a game, well that's just not his wheelhouse, that's all I'm saying.
You did address it. I was adding on to it some. A better QB could have done more with that talent, but how many QBs right now would that be?

Mahomes
Allen
Burrow
Sherbert (maybe)
Rodgers (maybe)

Tannehill is a limited QB, but knowing this a GM needs to provide additional talent around him to offset that and trading away AJ Brown was terrible. He’s a more mobile Cousins in my opinion. I do agree that Henry is starting to show signs of wearing down despite his numbers this year because he’s all they have.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 01:03 PM 01-19-2023

Tennessee was built like the 90s chiefs. Going in reverse in a forward moving league.

No qb was going to fix that shit show.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:04 PM 01-19-2023
Originally Posted by tk13:
Have to wonder if Roman leaving is Baltimore trying to appease Lamar in some way or if it means they're just going to blow up the offense and move in a way different direction.
I think if they believe that Lamar isn't going to progress to being at least 50% a pocket passer, this move means BAL thinks they're blowing up the offense. I mean, Roman was probably the best OC for Lamar's style of offense, right? So if they let him go, then they have to be thinking about moving on from that style?
[Reply]
tredadda 01:05 PM 01-19-2023
Originally Posted by tk13:
Can’t see how that was done to appease Lamar. That team was built for his strengths and Roman is one of the few OCs out there that can design an offense around those strengths. Problem is that the gap between Lamar and Huntley was huge in that scheme and it showed.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:14 PM 01-19-2023
Greg Roman was the punching bag for several seasons now in Baltimore. I don't watch enough of their games to know the exact problem, so I'm probably showing my ignorance on this, but I can't help but think this is a "be careful what you wish for" situation.

I can understand complaints about his one-dimensional offense, but what exactly do they want him to do? He's the NFL's go-to-guru for running QBs who can't throw. He has a terrific track record of getting those guys in positions to make plays with their legs, and his passing attack is designed so that the QB doesn't have to do all that much.

Like... you knew that's who he was. And that's what he gave you. So if your complaint is that the offense was too ineffective once adjustments were made, I mean... maybe don't roll the dice on those kinds of players at the QB position next time?

I could be wrong and maybe Lamar really does need a change of system because he's ready for the team to rely more and more on his arm. And sure, there are things you can do within any offense to take advantage of his mobility. But this also has a terrific chance of biting the team square in the dick and creating a confused offense without an identity.

That's what Roman gave them. An offensive identity. It may have had flaws to it, but it could at least depend on doing a couple of things really really well, and that's what made it dangerous for a couple seasons. Now you're in danger of losing that if you don't make a good hire or misread the QB situation on your team.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:22 PM 01-19-2023
How is George Paton not on the hot seat list? I know it's the Broncos but objectively he was responsible for Hackett, he was responsible for Russelll Wilson, and now that there's brand new ownership willing to spend money, they have no reason to not just get rid of him. There's plenty of smoke about it too. In fact, the ownership group is doing all the coaching interviews and he's along for the ride. I think it's highly likely they seek an experienced head coach and will give him some say over personnel. Paton is as good as gone.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 19
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up