ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 192
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
Mecca 02:56 PM 04-23-2021
The Chiefs choose to play Niemann, no idea why.
[Reply]
ChiTown 02:56 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Pringle is absolute garbage.

The Chiefs need a true #2 WR.
Pringle is a very good ST's guy and a JAG WR. One of those 2nd round picks has to be a WR that has #2 capability
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:57 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It’s because Super Bowl Champion Ben Neimann is a catastrophe
FYP
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:57 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Spotrac is saying Browns value is 96 mill over 5 years, 19.2 average.
I’d easily pay that.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:58 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Pringle is a very good ST's guy and a JAG WR. One of those 2nd round picks has to be a WR that has #2 capability
Demarcus Robinson is a JAG WR.

Pringle is a garbage WR.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:58 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It’s because Neimann is a catastrophe
Niemann actually doesn't play that many snaps. They're in so much nickel.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:58 PM 04-23-2021
What?

The Ravens now have two first rounders, two 3rd rounders and two 4th rounders along with a 5th from the Chiefs for next year.

They clearly didn't want wait to make a trade until after the draft because those draft picks wouldn't help the team in 2021 but now, they've traded a disgruntled player and added some serious assets in this year's draft.

The Chiefs were going to acquire a good to great left tackle somehow this offseason and the Ravens were the beneficiary of their needs.
I get it, I just didn't think they'd make the trade with US. I figured surely somebody not standing immediately in their way to the Super Bowl would offer a similar deal. I guess no one did.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:58 PM 04-23-2021
Pringle is absolute garbage.

The Chiefs need a true #2 WR.
I don't know how you can say that about Pringle.
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:59 PM 04-23-2021
Here was the scouting report on Callaway in 2018...dude has baggage though.

Strengths: Callaway was often relied upon for big plays in the passing game as well as special teams during his two seasons in Gainesville. He earned Freshman All-American honors in 2015 while leading Florida in receiving yards, yards per catch, and tied for the lead in receiving touchdowns. As a sophomore, a once again led the team in receiving yards as well as receptions.

As a prospect, Callaway in the open field is a bad news for defenses. Arguably, his route-running is his most underrated attribute. He displayed various ways of executing with the ball in his hands with jet sweeps, reverses, bubble screens while also operating out of the slot and on the boundary.

A true playmaker, Callaway has scored touchdowns via passing, rushing, receiving, kick and punt return throughout his collegiate career. Callaway can also be slippery in pursuit and displays more than enough agility to make defenders miss. His footwork will only improve over time but it is already very good at this stage of development.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:59 PM 04-23-2021
That NFL Rumors account may have a couple sources after all.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:59 PM 04-23-2021
I can only guess that it's because he's a "local" player.

The guy will be 28 years old during the 2021 season and has a grand total of 2 TD's and 330 yards for his career.
If the “local” program was Alabama or Clemson, then the love affair would make more sense. Our local programs are nothing particularly special.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:59 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Spotrac is saying Browns value is 96 mill over 5 years, 19.2 average.
No problem at all. That's easy.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:59 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
The draft is a lot of fun. For anybody who enjoys football. One of the best parts of being a fan.

But picks are definitely overrated to some degree. ESPECIALLY this year given all the unique mitigating circumstances.
Exactly. Too much value is placed on picks for the sake of picks. The intent is to use them on talent. I would rather spend picks on young proven talent than to stockpile them on "potential".
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:00 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I get it, I just didn't think they'd make the trade with US. I figured surely somebody not standing immediately in their way to the Super Bowl would offer a similar deal. I guess no one did.
Well, if you look at it from the Raven's perspective, they just traded a malcontent who had no place on their offensive line for a 1st, 3rd and 4th round pick this season.

From their POV, it's a great trade.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:00 PM 04-23-2021
What?

The Ravens now have two first rounders, two 3rd rounders and two 4th rounders along with a 5th from the Chiefs for next year.

They clearly didn't want wait to make a trade until after the draft because those draft picks wouldn't help the team in 2021 but now, they've traded a disgruntled player and added some serious assets in this year's draft.

The Chiefs were going to acquire a good to great left tackle somehow this offseason and the Ravens were the beneficiary of their needs.
They gained a 3rd and a 4th round pick in addition to a one round pick upgrade this year (1st to 2nd) and a one round pick upgrade (5th to 6th) next year. It's obviously not nothing, but I don't think it's particularly a lot for a player who can make this kind of impact either. And to also trade him to the team that you have to beat to make it to where you need to go? Not ideal either.

The market for him must seriously have been much worse than I anticipated.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 192
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Up