ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 176 of 192
« First < 76126166172173174175176 177178179180186 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:31 PM 01-26-2022
I let Ward/HB walk. It might not be popular to say, but they wont be worth the money they will demand.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:32 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Bates isn’t happening guys. Bengals have the 3rd most cap space. They could easily tag him.

They don’t have to pay Burrow, Higgins or Chase for at least 3 more years.
There's more guys out there in the same category...
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:32 PM 01-26-2022
All right well if we can get a HB equivalent for cheaper than fine. But that should also drive his price down. And like I said he's not helping his price at all with his play this year, which could be good for us.

Counting on non-early-first-round draft pick to be an immediate starter always makes me nervous because it's still a crapshoot. You never know until you see them on the field for a few NFL games.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:33 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Bates isn’t happening guys. Bengals have the 3rd most cap space. They could easily tag him.

They don’t have to pay Burrow, Higgins or Chase for at least 3 more years.
Marcus Williams can though. No way the Saints can afford him.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:34 PM 01-26-2022
Honey Badger does add major intangibles. Look at the bullet we dodged with Earl Thomas - who we all wanted. HB was the consolation prize. You have to factor in known quantity/bird-in-the-hand to the equation at least somewhat.

I don't care if HB is an idiot on twitter. His teammates love him, and he fires up the defense when they need it. Hobo Spirit sucked at that by the end of his career.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:35 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
All right well if we can get a HB equivalent for cheaper than fine. But that should also drive his price down. And like I said he's not helping his price at all with his play this year, which could be good for us.

Counting on non-early-first-round draft pick to be an immediate starter always makes me nervous because it's still a crapshoot. You never know until you see them on the field for a few NFL games.
It's not necessarily about being cheaper, though.

If HB wants top 3 money, you could go get Marcus Williams instead. He'd be expensive but he'd also be an all-star safety that's younger than HB.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:43 PM 01-26-2022
Honey Badger does add major intangibles. Look at the bullet we dodged with Earl Thomas - who we all wanted. HB was the consolation prize. You have to factor in known quantity/bird-in-the-hand to the equation at least somewhat.

I don't care if HB is an idiot on twitter. His teammates love him, and he fires up the defense when they need it. Hobo Spirit sucked at that by the end of his career.
:-) Mathieu wasn't the consolation prize. The fuck you on about? Folks wanted to trade for Thomas in 2018 until he broke his leg. We signed Mathieu the following off season, and threw a 1 year deal to Thomas who almost took it until Baltimore gave him a multi year deal.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:44 PM 01-26-2022
Why are Eric Berrys so hard to find!?
[Reply]
tredadda 01:48 PM 01-26-2022

It's about the ROI with Mathieu over the length of his new contract. It's very possible that he does not outplay, or even play up to his contract, and especially if he gets what he thinks he is worth.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:49 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Mathieu wasn't the consolation prize. The **** you on about? Folks wanted to trade for Thomas in 2018 until he broke his leg. We signed Mathieu the following off season, and threw a 1 year deal to Thomas who almost took it until Baltimore gave him a multi year deal.
Ok yeah I forget the exact sequence. But before the leg break he was the one.

Anyway the point is you never know until you get them on the team and in games. We dodged a bullet when Thomas broke his leg. Dude is a personal disaster.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:51 PM 01-26-2022
Ok yeah I forget the exact sequence. But before the leg break he was the one.

Anyway the point is you never know until you get them on the team and in games. We dodged a bullet when Thomas broke his leg. Dude is a personal disaster.
Yeah. Because he was in a very public dispute with the Seahawks at the time and we DESPERATELY needed help at that point. He was the only realistic option at that point in time.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:51 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
It's about the ROI with Mathieu over the length of his new contract. It's very possible that he does not outplay, or even play up to his contract, and especially if he gets what he thinks he is worth.
Age is a major factor here, independent of skill level.

He's too old to give him a top-dollar contract. It's just not smart.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:51 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Like I said, I'm ok with selling out to win the next few years while Hill and Kelce are still at the top of their game. If we have to eat some terrible deals on the back end while we rebuild it's worth it imo.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:52 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Age is a major factor here, independent of skill level.

He's too old to give him a top-dollar contract. It's just not smart.
Absolutely correct. I would wager to think if he was 25-26 Veach would have locked him up long term by now.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:54 PM 01-26-2022
Like I said, I'm ok with selling out to win the next few years while Hill and Kelce are still at the top of their game. If we have to eat some terrible deals on the back end while we rebuild it's worth it imo.
You have a perpetual window with Mahomes. Tying up money to the point that you're forced to "rebuild" to clean up the cap mess is just foolish.
[Reply]
Page 176 of 192
« First < 76126166172173174175176 177178179180186 > Last »
Up