ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 335
« First < 333940414243 444546475393143 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
ModSocks 01:26 PM 06-08-2015
I liked the episode, but if i had to nitpick....Daenerys riding Drogo looked kinda silly. The Stannis and his daughter thing.....it didn't really phase me. IMO, it wasn't that powerful of a scene.
[Reply]
MagicHef 01:42 PM 06-08-2015
I think I always assumed that Stannis didn't really believe the Lord of Light stuff, so that scene kind of surprised me. However, he obviously believed it enough to kill a bunch of other innocent people, so maybe he does.

I was thinking... if you're only going by what's in the show, is Stannis AA? He's the only one to pull a burning sword from the fire, and Shireen was pretty much his Nissa-Nissa. I don't remember how much of the prophecy stuff has been in the show.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:43 PM 06-08-2015
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
I think I always assumed that Stannis didn't really believe the Lord of Light stuff, so that scene kind of surprised me. However, he obviously believed it enough to kill a bunch of other innocent people, so maybe he does.

I was thinking... if you're only going by what's in the show, is Stannis AA? He's the only one to pull a burning sword from the fire, and Shireen was pretty much his Nissa-Nissa. I don't remember how much of the prophecy stuff has been in the show.
AA?
[Reply]
MagicHef 01:48 PM 06-08-2015
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
AA?
Huh. Apparently it hasn't been in the show much.

AA = Azor Ahai
[Reply]
eDave 01:49 PM 06-08-2015
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Agreed 100%. His expression when Drogon shows up was classic.
Imagine if:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
ModSocks 01:52 PM 06-08-2015
Huh. Apparently it hasn't been in the show much.

AA = Azor Ahai
I didn't read the books and this is my first time hearing it. So probably not in the show much at all, or i missed it.
[Reply]
NewChief 01:58 PM 06-08-2015
People have those sort of joke theories about the White Walkers actually being the "good guys." But jesus... if The Lord of Light is supposed to be the polar opposite and enemy of the WW... I'm not sure that the WW aren't the good guys.

I mean, the only thing really despicable we've see the WW do is take a baby and turn its eyes blue. The "innocent" baby isn't really scared by the WW or anything either. Its quite calm in its presence. Meanwhile, we've seen humans engage in just awful behavior after awful behavior. I'm thinking that the human race is the disease, and the WW's are the cure.

In all seriousness, that kind of works on a metaphorical level. Humanity is so screwed up and decadent and infighting with each other in Westeros. Then the WW's periodically come down from the north to purge the population, force humans to band together, put aside their depravity, and become more noble in pursuit of a greater cause.
[Reply]
Amnorix 02:03 PM 06-08-2015
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I didn't read the books and this is my first time hearing it. So probably not in the show much at all, or i missed it.

I should write a full-on description of the various religions, as it's getting increasingly important and I don't think the show has done a great job of explaining the various ones in the world.

On this, in brief, Missandrei and Thoros of Myr (the guy who kept resurrecting the other dude, Beric Dondarrion) are followers of R'Hllor, most frequently referred to in the show as the "Lord of Light", or "God of Fire" etc. Azor Ahai was a legendary warrior who could wield fire or something, and led the forces of light to victory against the forces of darkness. The details are not really important, but basically picture the "chosen one" of the Lord of Light. And there are prophecies that he will return. Missandrei thinks that Stannis is the AA, the hero reborn, or whatever, the chosen one of the Lord of Light who will lead the forces of light and goodness to victory.

by birthing demons using the AA's sperm to kill his brother, but hey, forget those little details, it's all for a higher good, or something...
[Reply]
NewChief 02:04 PM 06-08-2015
I should write a full-on description of the various religions, as it's getting increasingly important and I don't think the show has done a great job of explaining the various ones in the world.

On this, in brief, Missandrei and Thoros of Myr (the guy who kept resurrecting the other dude, Beric Dondarrion) are followers of R'Hllor, most frequently referred to in the show as the "Lord of Light", or "God of Fire" etc. Azor Ahai was a legendary warrior who could wield fire or something, and led the forces of light to victory against the forces of darkness. The details are not really important, but basically picture the "chosen one" of the Lord of Light. And there are prophecies that he will return. Missandrei thinks that Stannis is the AA, the hero reborn, or whatever, the chosen one of the Lord of Light who will lead the forces of light and goodness to victory.

by birthing demons using the AA's sperm to kill his brother, but hey, forget those little details, it's all for a higher good, or something...
Melisandre, not Missandrei. Missandei is Daenary's maidservant.
[Reply]
Amnorix 02:05 PM 06-08-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:
People have those sort of joke theories about the White Walkers actually being the "good guys." But jesus... if The Lord of Light is supposed to be the polar opposite and enemy of the WW... I'm not sure that the WW aren't the good guys.
So far we've seen Missandrei use Stannis's sperm to birth a demon to murder Stannis's own brother, try to convince Stannis to kill/burn his own nephew, and succeed in convincing Stannis to kill his own daughter....by burning her alive at the stake.

R'hllor ain't a good god, that's for damn sure...
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:06 PM 06-08-2015

He is not. He's a false prophet, I think. Melisandre mis-reading what the fire is showing her (which to me indicates that Jon Targaryen is who her visions actually reference).
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:06 PM 06-08-2015

Yeah i just wiki'd it. Makes a bit more sense now.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:07 PM 06-08-2015
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
He is not. He's a false prophet, I think.
And you think this, because?
[Reply]
Amnorix 02:08 PM 06-08-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Melisandre, not Missandrei. Missandei is Daenary's maidservant.

You know, you're really not doing my reputation any favors with this. I'm trying to pretend I know WTF is going on....

Seriously, yeah, that. (and, crap!) Too many names. And in my defense those two names are similar.
[Reply]
NewChief 02:11 PM 06-08-2015
So far we've seen Missandrei use Stannis's sperm to birth a demon to murder Stannis's own brother, try to convince Stannis to kill/burn his own nephew, and succeed in convincing Stannis to kill his own daughter....by burning her alive at the stake.

R'hllor ain't a good god, that's for damn sure...
It's really interesting, because the different priests/devotees of R'hllor we've seen in the books are all quite different from each other. Thoros of Myr, Melisandre, and the Red Priest that Tyrion (I think?) encounters in ADWD are all very different from each other.
[Reply]
Page 43 of 335
« First < 333940414243 444546475393143 > Last »
Up