ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Revisit: Trade Tyreek
kccrow 06:12 PM 02-17-2022
I recall a thread in here or in the Lounge either during the season or last offseason about trading Tyreek but I can't seem to find it.

Anyhow, I thought at the time that the very notion was absurd but now I'm having second thoughts. Then again, maybe it's the few brain cells I still call "active" just bouncing around in the endless space they have available.

I know that KC has a need at WR already but they also have to look at the future. I think about the Vikings trading away Stefon Diggs and I thought how stupid it was until they drafted what may be a better player in Justin Jefferson with the 1st round pick they got and saved a load of money in the process.

Now, the Bills gave up a 1st, 5th, 6th, and future 4th for Diggs and a 7th.

When I think about how dynamic Hill is in terms of being a game-changer in a split second, I think he may bring a bigger return.

So, hypothetical...

Let's say a team calls you up that's in desperate need of a sure-fire playmaker because they just don't possess any. My logical thought for such a thing would be the Atlanta Falcons.

Part I

The Falcons offer you the 8th overall pick and their 3rd round pick #74.

You pretend your Bart and field the call. Do you accept the trade and save $18 million on the cap this year, thus rolling the dice by needing both a #1 and #2 receiver, or do you decline and force your hand to pay this guy at least another 90 million (and likely more) over the next 4 years?

Part II

The Falcons are gun shy and don't want to give up the #8 overall but the Eagles call offering 15 and 83 because they think Hill puts them over the top. Would you still do the deal if you'd do it for #8 or would you back out?

Part III

If you still haven't said no freakin' way, at what point do you say no?
[Reply]
kccrow 11:09 AM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Not to beat the drum any harder than I already am for J Williams, but tell me that he isn't the only WR that pops out at you that could fit this scenario with Tyreek?
You know what pops to me?

How fascinated everyone was with fast Alabama WRs (Ruggs and Jeudy) and didn't want to consider how really good some other WRs were.

How good that class was overall and that two guys went at the top of the 2nd that are 1k receivers, one of them as a #2.

And let's look at that guy, Tee Higgins. Was supposed to be a mid-to-late 1st round guy, fell just out of the 1st to 33. Bigger receiver at 6'3" 216 and ran a 4.59. Sound like a guy we are seeing in this draft? Compare statistics and measurables between Treylon Burks and Tee Higgins.

If Burks is there, I'm jumping all over that.

Talk more on this later too, gotta run for now
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:15 AM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
You know what pops to me?

How fascinated everyone was with fast Alabama WRs (Ruggs and Jeudy) and didn't want to consider how really good some other WRs were.

How good that class was overall and that two guys went at the top of the 2nd that are 1k receivers, one of them as a #2.

And let's look at that guy, Tee Higgins. Was supposed to be a mid-to-late 1st round guy, fell just out of the 1st to 33. Bigger receiver at 6'3" 216 and ran a 4.59. Sound like a guy we are seeing in this draft? Compare statistics and measurables between Treylon Burks and Tee Higgins.

If Burks is there, I'm jumping all over that.

Talk more on this later too, gotta run for now
I like Burks but still don't like Tee Higgins. Yes, he's productive but it's a perfect match with Burrow's ball placement and his skill set.
[Reply]
kcbubb 05:08 PM 03-30-2022
I like burks a lot. I’m just not sure he’s there. He’s likely gone by the time we pick. And some of y’all don’t want to trade up for legit #1 wr that has produced in the sec but want jalen Tolbert in the 2nd, who gets blanketed by Georgia southern.:-)
[Reply]
kccrow 08:54 PM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
I like burks a lot. I’m just not sure he’s there. He’s likely gone by the time we pick. And some of y’all don’t want to trade up for legit #1 wr that has produced in the sec but want jalen Tolbert in the 2nd, who gets blanketed by Georgia southern.:-)
Blanketed by Georgia Southern? The same Georgia Southern he roasted for 11 receptions, 174 yards, and a TD? That Georgia Southern?

How about when he obliterated your beloved SEC, when he visited Tennessee, to the tune of 7 receptions, 143 yards, and a TD?

Or do you have to dig back an extra year to get that dirt on him? Should we gather dirt on how productive Williams was in 2020?

Should we talk about how piss poor of a route runner Williams was at OSU and that's the reason he couldn't get time on the field? He's still not that good of a route runner, but he has speed and speed wins in college. Chris Olave would break Williams' if he tried to keep up with lateral cuts and route sophistication. It's not even in the same stratosphere.

I like Williams, don't get me wrong, but I'm not about to concede that he's anywhere near the type of finished product you go balls deep to get in a draft loaded with as talented WRs while also having a torn ACL.

Could he end up being productive right away like Jaylen Waddle? Sure he could. He could also end up being Henry Ruggs... before Ruggs was an idiot. With his lack of route running, I'd err closer to Ruggs than Waddle.

I'd take a shot on him at 29, sure. Move up for him? No. If I'm moving up for a WR it's Olave if he makes it past Philly and it's not even close. That said, I'm not championing that move either. I'd take my chances on what might fall to 29 and if one doesn't I'm looking at what's there at 50 and possibly 62. I wouldn't mind Tolbert and Pierce both in 2 if you get DL in 1.
[Reply]
kcbubb 03-30-2022, 10:21 PM
This message has been deleted by kcbubb.
kcbubb 03-30-2022, 10:23 PM
This message has been deleted by kcbubb.
kcbubb 10:42 PM 03-30-2022
:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:05 AM 03-31-2022
Blanketed by Georgia Southern? The same Georgia Southern he roasted for 11 receptions, 174 yards, and a TD? That Georgia Southern?

How about when he obliterated your beloved SEC, when he visited Tennessee, to the tune of 7 receptions, 143 yards, and a TD?

Or do you have to dig back an extra year to get that dirt on him? Should we gather dirt on how productive Williams was in 2020?

Should we talk about how piss poor of a route runner Williams was at OSU and that's the reason he couldn't get time on the field? He's still not that good of a route runner, but he has speed and speed wins in college. Chris Olave would break Williams' if he tried to keep up with lateral cuts and route sophistication. It's not even in the same stratosphere.

I like Williams, don't get me wrong, but I'm not about to concede that he's anywhere near the type of finished product you go balls deep to get in a draft loaded with as talented WRs while also having a torn ACL.

Could he end up being productive right away like Jaylen Waddle? Sure he could. He could also end up being Henry Ruggs... before Ruggs was an idiot. With his lack of route running, I'd err closer to Ruggs than Waddle.

I'd take a shot on him at 29, sure. Move up for him? No. If I'm moving up for a WR it's Olave if he makes it past Philly and it's not even close. That said, I'm not championing that move either. I'd take my chances on what might fall to 29 and if one doesn't I'm looking at what's there at 50 and possibly 62. I wouldn't mind Tolbert and Pierce both in 2 if you get DL in 1.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:16 AM 03-31-2022
lol. I get your side too and I get why. I just think it's foolish to go all in on the guy and move up to, what was it? 15? That's ridiculous.

If we're going to go full shaft, I'm going to slap my balls against her ass too and trade into the top 10 and grab Thibodeaux if he gets to #9.

29, 30, 62, and 135 to SEA for 9 and 72?

I wouldn't put it past Veach to be that aggressive.
[Reply]
kcbubb 10:59 AM 03-31-2022
I was thinking more like 29, early third & 4th and 4th next year to move up around 20. We need to keep the 2nd rounders. I see the 2nd rounders as the real value in the draft, especially on defense. Steelers could still get a qb at 29.
[Reply]
kcbubb 11:01 AM 03-31-2022
I don’t think I could give up the 2nd rounders to move up for jameson after seeing what Watson did at the senior bowl.
[Reply]
kcbubb 11:06 AM 03-31-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You go back and look at Tolbert’s separation. Crow is right. He put up big numbers and he might be successful but watch the highlights on Tolbert and look for separation and burst coming out of breaks. Those ga southern cbs we’re pretty close to him. Then compare that with jameson against Georgia’s corners & safety. Jameson blows the whole secondary up occasionally. :-) Not close.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:12 AM 03-31-2022
You go back and look at Tolbert’s separation. Crow is right. He put up big numbers and he might be successful but watch the highlights on Tolbert and look for separation and burst coming out of breaks. Those ga southern cbs we’re pretty close to him. Then compare that with jameson against Georgia’s corners & safety. Jameson blows the whole secondary up occasionally. :-) Not close.
He blew up his knee too.
[Reply]
Nickhead 04:12 PM 06-11-2022
8-3-2021

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...postcount=1364[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by Nickhead:
i am gonna drop this in here as to try not to create too much a stir but...

after this year should the chiefs consider trading tyreek?

now here me out. he has publicly stated he is not going to give a hometown discount. should we try and trade him to a team that is destined for a high draft pick(s)?

just a thought as i recall a friend of mine when we had gonzalez. he said we should have traded him three years earlier for more value.

purely asking due to salary cap maneuvering?

(i will say i am not current with his contract, but i thought i had heard rumours of reworking his deal? maybe i am wrong)
10-30-21

Originally Posted by Chargem:
It was me who posed the trade Tyreek hypothetical, I could probably find the thread later.

Just to re-iterate, I love Tyreek and think he is the best WR in all of football, but my theory/question was whether Tyreek was better than say Devante Adams AND a top 10 pick, as I think probably every player apart from QB has a price.

In your 2 scenarios, I think I would take the Falcons offer, or maybe try and squeeze abit more out of that (another pick the year after as well, 2nd or 3rd round?), as long as I was confident I could actually sign a #1 replacement like Adams.

I don't think the Eagles offer is enough.

Of course, it would be a fuck up of the highest magnitude to trade Tyreek and then not secure an adequate replacement, so there is some risk there and you would want a "done deal" with the WR replacing him.

A few points:
  • I don't really like the "Tyreek makes the offense work" narrative. We have the best fucking quarterback in the league, and an amazing offensive mind in Andy. Seems stupid to suggest that the offense would be bad without Hill
  • Football is all about evolving, changing, adapting. It seems like the league has done more evolving to defend the Chiefs than the Chiefs Offense has done in the last year. Taking away Tyreek, and leaving defenses wondering what the Chiefs offense would look like without him, is probably a massive tactical advantage in Andy's favour

If people say they would turn down the #1 overall pick for Tyreek, or the #1 overall and the first pick of the 2nd round as well? I think that's madness, you would have to take it.
Originally Posted by Chargem:
The original conversation was here:

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...4#post15921214
I recall a thread in here or in the Lounge either during the season or last offseason about trading Tyreek but I can't seem to find it.
Tom Hanks Hello GIFfrom Tom Hanks GIFs

[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up