ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 84
« First < 56789 101112131959 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>*** 2022 Mock Draft Megathread ***
duncan_idaho 12:45 PM 11-23-2021
Got a mock? Pop it in this thread. Include a picture if you want. Explain your reasoning if you want. Talk about your crushes... if you want.

See a good "pro" mock? Link it up in here and I'll add it to the OP.

Duncan's latest mock

Site
The Draft Network This mock seems to be the most accurate site right now, so I go with this one. I don't pay for it, so no trades here. The plan is for this to be my last mock. I'm going to do it differently, though. I'm running 3 scenarios, and eschewing the 7th round picks, which I would use on a big swings on athleticism and potential. Lotto tickets. James Houston IV is one of them. Note: I used PFF to simulate the trade action, then manually backed up in the 2 "trade" drafts to make selections. Laborious, but gives you best of both worlds, IMO. I think PFF's trade tool is the best, but its board is whack.

Draft slot: 29

Scenario 1: The Chiefs sit pat with their picks and don't make any moves at all. Seems the least likely, but hey...
1.29 | George Karlaftis, DE, Purdue.
1.30 | Boye Mafe, DE, Minnesota.
2.50 | George Pickens, WR, Georgia.
2.62 | Travis Jones, DT, UConn.
3.94 | Zyon McCollum, CB, Sam Houston State.
3.103(Comp for Poles) | Troy Andersen, LB, Montana State.
4.121 | Coby Bryant, CB, Cincinnati.
4.135 | Velus Jones, Jr., Tennessee

Scenario 1 Debrief:
So, sitting and waiting to see what comes to me was pretty successful here. The Chiefs FLOOD the defensive line with reinforcements, including at least 1 ready-made starter and two guys who should - at minimum - be in 50/50 rotations at their spots by year end. The Chiefs still get a big outside WR with tantalizing potential. They add some crazy athletic small-school guys, and a mid-round corner who just fits in the system, and a dynamo return man who might be more at WR.

This looks pretty good. Though I have a hard time believing Karlaftis just falls to 29...

Scenario 2: The Chiefs get aggressive and trade up. But for what? In this case, let's go wide receiver. In this run, Kansas City trades picks 29, 62, and a 2023 3rd to Houston for pick 13 and a 2023 4th, because they ARE as obsessed with a WR as people expect and are aggressive to go get him when the board falls right. They then trade BACK from 30 to 35 with the Jets, also including pick 94 in order to get 69 back. Then, last but not least, KC gets aggressive one more time and moves 103 and 121 for 85 from New England, leaving the Chiefs with 6 picks in the first four rounds.
1.13 | Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama.
2.35 | Cam Thomas, DE, San Diego State.
2.50 | Jalen Pitre, S, Baylor.
3.69 | Zachary Carter, DT, Florida.
3.85 | Sam Williams, DE, Ole Miss.
4.135 | Jaylen Watson, CB, Washington State

Scenario 2 Debrief:
I'm not saying KC should do this or even that I think they will (more on that in a few minutes). I'm just saying, man, what will it look like if the Chiefs get aggressive a few times AND are doing the big move for a WR? In this scenario, KC obviously believes Williams is a game-changer at the NFL level and is taking a small 2022 hit to make 2023+ better. The defensive line still gets reinforced, but the reinforcements are all a shade worse than the sit-pat draft option. If you like Kingsley Enagbare or Josh PAscal more than Thomas, I get it and wouldn't quibble at one of those guys instead. Logan Hall, too. Pitre is such a screaming perfect fit for KC's D. Carter is a great physical talent you can dream about coaching up. Williams' utility is known and gives them a true RE option to pair against their higher-drafted bigger guy. Watson is a developmental corner.

I don't love it. I think Pitre makes the secondary a lot better and makes it easier to move on from Thornhill after 22. They have improved the defensive rotation, though one of the DEs would need to outperform expectations in Year 1 to get it to the same level as Scenario 1. In all, giving up the 2 extra selections in the top 4 rounds hurts the depth you can build, but I think it's more like what KC will do.

Scenario 3: Same movements as #2
1.13 | Jermaine Johnson II, DE, Florida State.
2.35 | Christian Watson, WR, North Dakota State.
2.50 | Sam Williams, DE, Ole Miss.
3.69 | Bryan Cook, S, Cincinnati.
3.85 | Martin Emerson, CB, Miss. State.
4.135 | Braxton Jones, T, Southern Utah

Scenario 3 Debrief:
This is the type of situation where I see KC paying the price to move up... if Johnson falls this far, I'd be shocked if KC isn't aggressively moving up. With this run, I take a risky but high upside WR in Watson (but you could sub in Pickens or Jahan Dotson or Tolbert or Metchie or Skyy Moore or really any of those tier 2 guys here if you prefer). The secondary reinforcements aren't flashy but are good fits.

In this one, I think the plan has to become adding either another safety or corner in free agency before the season. Ideally, it's someone who can handle the slot and let Sneed thriver on the outside. The DL gets a major boost and some potential star power in Johnson and Williams, and the OL gets another T option and potential long-term starter to develop.

Having completed the exercise and looking at the scenariors, I like the first one the most. But it really does come down to how the board breaks.

Older mocks
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:20 PM 02-08-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
4 round TDN Mock:

30. Chris Olave, WR, Ohio St.

62. Myjai Sanders, EDGE, Cincinnati

94. Sam Williams, EDGE, Ole Miss

102. Chad Muma, LB, Wyoming

133. Dameon Pierce, RB, Florida

Yes
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:08 PM 02-08-2022
Kansas City Chiefs
Cameron Thomas
EDGE, San Diego State

Kansas City Chiefs
Jalen Pitre
S, Baylor

Kansas City Chiefs
Quay Walker
LB, Georgia

Kansas City Chiefs
James Cook
RB, Georgia

Kansas City Chiefs
Jaylen Watson
CB, Washington State
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:18 PM 02-08-2022
Kansas City Chiefs
Drake London
WR, USC

Kansas City Chiefs
Myjai Sanders
EDGE, Cincinnati

Kansas City Chiefs
Jeremy Ruckert
TE, Ohio State

Kansas City Chiefs
Quay Walker
LB, Georgia

Kansas City Chiefs
Akayleb Evans
CB, Missouri
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 02:00 AM 02-09-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I did something a little different this time.

First, I took a trade down in the first, picking up #40 and #75.

Then I decided to concentrate on the front 7 early to aim for dominance in two position groups, D-line and LB corps.

KC
Perrion Winfrey
DT Oklahoma- Chris Jones 2, electric boogaloo.
trade icon

KC
Myjai Sanders
EDGE Cincinnati-elite size and athleticism at DE

KC
Nik Bonitto
EDGE Oklahoma- a Micah Parsons type chess piece for Spags. Can play SAM OR WILL, flipping with Gay on early downs, and is a plus pass rusher allowing for huge scheme versatility.

trade icon
KC
Alec Pierce
WR Cincinnati-a big X receiver with big time potential.
trade icon

KC
Yusuf Corker
S Kentucky-finally, we can get rid of Sorensen. a big hitting box safety.

KC
Christian Watson
WR North Dakota State- 6'5", 208 and runs a 4.4? Huge talent upside.
trade icon

KC
Kyler McMichael
CB North Carolina- a developmental corner with press man skills.

The Draft Network Mock Site has him going in the 2nd, interesting prospect for sure wherever he lands.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:34 AM 02-09-2022
Veach's draft plan is 5 rounds after that it's Fuck it YOLO in the 6th & 7th round if he decides to use those picks.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:41 AM 02-09-2022
KC
Kingsley Enagbare
EDGE South Carolina-relentless motor, productive pass rusher, scheme versatile EDGE, can play inside or out.

KC
Arnold Ebiketie
EDGE Penn State-I would compare as a Melvin Ingram/Tamba Hali type.
trade icon

KC
Alec Pierce
WR Cincinnati-big, fast, physical X receiver. As Tyreek ages, could well become your #1.

KC
Rachaad White
RB Arizona State-the more I watch, the more I like. Prototypical size, excellent vision, quick lateral movement, and the best receiver at RB in the class. This kid would KILL in KC.

KC
Alontae Taylor
CB Tennessee-I look at the film and I see...Charvarious Ward. Not like Ward in '18, but Ward now.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:29 AM 02-09-2022
Perfect lol...

1-19
Jameson Williams WR
*•*Alabama

2-42
Kingsley Enagbare ED
*•*South Carolina

2-62
Nik Bonitto ED
*•*Oklahoma

3-74
Chad Muma LB
*•*Wyoming

3-75
Jalen Pitre CB
*•*Baylor

3-97
Marcus Jones CB
*•*Houston

3-98
Christian Watson WR
*•*North Dakota State

Lots of trades.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:48 PM 02-09-2022
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Perfect lol...

1-19
Jameson Williams WR
*•*Alabama

2-42
Kingsley Enagbare ED
*•*South Carolina

2-62
Nik Bonitto ED
*•*Oklahoma

3-74
Chad Muma LB
*•*Wyoming

3-75
Jalen Pitre CB
*•*Baylor

3-97
Marcus Jones CB
*•*Houston

3-98
Christian Watson WR
*•*North Dakota State

Lots of trades.

How did you manage to trade up 11 spots in round 1 AND pick up #42 and end up with that many top 100 picks? Did you trade the entire 23 draft class or something?

Or simulating a trade of an established player?
[Reply]
kccrow 07:24 PM 02-09-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
If we end up with Crows draft this team is winning the next 3 super bowls
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Oh, I wish it were possible. This is ideal.
Yeah, definitely not a realistic output but I had to share it :-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:50 PM 02-09-2022
I did a 4 rounder

Cameron Thomas
Phidarian Mathis
James Cook
Velus Jones
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:40 AM 02-10-2022
Traded down with Washington who wanted a QB for a 1st and a 3rd.

41. Arnold Ebiketie, EDGE Penn State
62. Jalen Pitre, S Baylor
75. Kyler Gordon, CB Washington
94. Boye Mafe, EDGE Minnesota
103. Alec Pierce, WR Cincinnati
134. Cordell Volson, OT North Dakota State
191. Jeremiah Gemmel, LB North Carolina
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:42 AM 02-10-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Traded down with Washington who wanted a QB for a 1st and a 3rd.

41. Arnold Ebiketie, EDGE Penn State
62. Jalen Pitre, S Baylor
75. Kyler Gordon, CB Washington
94. Boye Mafe, EDGE Minnesota
103. Alec Pierce, WR Cincinnati
134. Cordell Volson, OT North Dakota State
191. Jeremiah Gemmel, LB North Carolina
I've run several mocks on PFN and the trade down scenario seems to be the most consistently available option.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:43 AM 02-10-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I've run several mocks on PFN and the trade down scenario seems to be the most consistently available option.
Yeah and usually I don’t use it. I don’t see Veach as the trade down a ton type of guy. I’ll try and limit myself to one trade per mock and it has to make sense for the other team.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:58 AM 02-10-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yeah and usually I don’t use it. I don’t see Veach as the trade down a ton type of guy. I’ll try and limit myself to one trade per mock and it has to make sense for the other team.
Honestly, it's more likely he trades that first rounder for an established player, given his history.

I don't see them trading down.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:02 AM 02-10-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Honestly, it's more likely he trades that first rounder for an established player, given his history.

I don't see them trading down.
Maybe he shocks everyone and trades up.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 84
« First < 56789 101112131959 > Last »
Up