ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 380
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Tracking the Biden embarrassment
Munson 07:05 AM 01-20-2021
Well, Dementia Joe has been embarrassing for decades.

Now he can sell out America like never before.
[Reply]
eDave 01:07 PM 05-19-2021
It's called supply and demand. A relatively simple thing. No matter what economic theory you believe.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 01:21 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
It's called supply and demand. A relatively simple thing. No matter what economic theory you believe.
Or it was that one executive order Biden signed that specifically stated lumber is required to cost a fortune.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 01:25 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
It's called supply and demand. A relatively simple thing. No matter what economic theory you believe.
Don't government policies affect supply & demand? Like if you say limit the ways oil can be collected & transported doesn't that affect the supply of oil available?

Just saying " it's supply & demand" doesn't absolve the current administration of any responsibility.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 01:29 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
Don't government policies affect supply & demand? Like if you say limit the ways oil can be collected & transported doesn't that affect the supply of oil available?

Just saying " it's supply & demand" doesn't absolve the current administration of any responsibility.
What has the Biden administration done to cause coffee prices to rise?
[Reply]
eDave 01:39 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Or it was that one executive order Biden signed that specifically stated lumber is required to cost a fortune.
It's a supply side issue that started well before Biden was elected that is culminating now as summer comes and we get to get outside and catch up on our various DIY's.

Elasticity of demand will even things out when summer ends and the 37% increase in new home builds since March gets fulfilled. That's if all the saw mills taken out of production get up and running.

Supply and demand.

Don't know what you are talking about regarding Biden. I do know that Congress is urging him to do something to stem the rising costs though. Did you know that?
[Reply]
philfree 01:41 PM 05-19-2021
COVID lockdowns, social distance rules and then giving people money to stay home are a big part of the reason there's a supply shortage. The saw mills not operating at full capacity as a result. And then demand is up because interest rates are so low people are rushing to borrow the money to buy a new home. I guess you can blame the democrats for giving people so much money that they'd rather stay home then work. You can blame both sides and the Fed for artificially low interest rates.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 02:06 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by philfree:
COVID lockdowns, social distance rules and then giving people money to stay home are a big part of the reason there's a supply shortage. The saw mills not operating at full capacity as a result. And then demand is up because interest rates are so low people are rushing to borrow the money to buy a new home. I guess you can blame the democrats for giving people so much money that they'd rather stay home then work. You can blame both sides and the Fed for artificially low interest rates.
This 100%, it's decreased supply along with increased demand due to several policy decisions by both the Trump & Biden administrations. Just saying it's a simple supply & demand issue is glossing over the real problems.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 02:10 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
It's a supply side issue that started well before Biden was elected that is culminating now as summer comes and we get to get outside and catch up on our various DIY's.

Elasticity of demand will even things out when summer ends and the 37% increase in new home builds since March gets fulfilled. That's if all the saw mills taken out of production get up and running.

Supply and demand.

Don't know what you are talking about regarding Biden. I do know that Congress is urging him to do something to stem the rising costs though. Did you know that?
I was being sarcastic...obviously there was no such E.O.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:28 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by philfree:
COVID lockdowns, social distance rules and then giving people money to stay home are a big part of the reason there's a supply shortage. The saw mills not operating at full capacity as a result. And then demand is up because interest rates are so low people are rushing to borrow the money to buy a new home. I guess you can blame the democrats for giving people so much money that they'd rather stay home then work. You can blame both sides and the Fed for artificially low interest rates.
Hey look this guy gets it.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:34 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
His Returns Show Joe Biden Has Dodged Half A Million In Taxes While Urging Tax Increases
https://thefederalist.com/2021/05/19...tax-increases/


Let's hear the excuses that weren't allowed under Detoxing.....
Also of note from your link:
But while the White House emphasized the release of Biden’s returns, it does not want reporters to scrutinize the content of those returns, because doing so would highlight a pattern of hypocritical behavior by the current president and his family.

To wit: For the fourth year running, the First Family used a questionable tax loophole to avoid paying more than $500,000 in Medicare and Obamacare taxes — a loophole that the Biden administration now claims it wants to close.
Of course he wants to close that loophole now they he got his big bucks to the tune of becoming a millionaire. And speaking of those "speaking fees" these are effectively bribes, just like million-dollar books deals. These are promised to them, but paid out after they serve.

Hey, I'm for using every loophole to save every penny, but when the Demo-Bolsheviks pull a page of TRUMP'S returns to do that, they go ape.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:36 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by philfree:
COVID lockdowns, social distance rules and then giving people money to stay home are a big part of the reason there's a supply shortage. The saw mills not operating at full capacity as a result. And then demand is up because interest rates are so low people are rushing to borrow the money to buy a new home. I guess you can blame the democrats for giving people so much money that they'd rather stay home then work. You can blame both sides and the Fed for artificially low interest rates.
Yep. And they’re going to have to hike those interest rates. People with 2% mortgages are going to be sitting pretty.
[Reply]
Fish 02:40 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by :
Shortened Supply
U.S. lumber supplies came under pressure in April 2017, when the Detoxing administration raised tariffs on Canadian lumber. Since then, lumber imports have fallen and prices have experienced significant volatility.

After a brief stint above $600 in April 2018, lumber quickly tumbled down to sub $250 levels, causing a number of sawmills to shut down. The resulting decreases in production capacity (supply) were estimated to be around 3 billion board feet.

Once COVID-19 emerged, labor shortages cut production even further, making the lumber market incredibly sensitive to demand shocks. The U.S. government has since reduced its tariffs on Canadian lumber, but these measures appear to be an example of too little, too late.

Pent-up Demand
Against expectations, COVID-19 has led to a significant boom in housing markets, greatly increasing the need for lumber.

Lockdowns in early 2020 delayed many home purchases until later in the year, while increased savings rates during the pandemic meant Americans had more cash on hand. The demand for homes was further amplified by record-low mortgage rates across the country.

Existing homeowners needed lumber too, as many Americans suddenly found themselves requiring upgrades and renovations to accommodate their new stay-at-home lifestyles.
https://www.visualcapitalist.com/vis...er-prices-50k/
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 02:49 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
https://www.visualcapitalist.com/vis...er-prices-50k/
Whoa, you mean it's not as simple as "It's that one guy's fault"?
[Reply]
philfree 02:51 PM 05-19-2021
[QUOTE=vailpass;15679684]Yep. And they’re going to have to hike those interest rates. People with 2% mortgages are going to be sitting pretty.[/QUOTE

For those who could get a fixed rate.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 02:57 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by digger:
I don't know the specifics with lumber, but in general, comparing prices now to pretty much anytime in 2020 is really stupid.
Gas prices are similar to pre-covid, although the pipeline problem on the east coast is squeezing supply right now a bit.
[Reply]
Page 55 of 380
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Up