ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 2687
« First < 152122232425 2627282935751255251025 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:52 AM 04-28-2017

Have heard from two baseball men this morning, each convinced Mahomes would've been a big league pitcher. https://t.co/j3mW9ot3hz

— Sam Mellinger (@mellinger) April 28, 2017

[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 07:56 AM 04-28-2017
Mahomes comment from USA today:
10. Patrick Mahomes, QB Texas Tech - Kansas City Chiefs (from Bills)
Grade: C
Analysis: Calling Mahomes a project is a major understatement. He's nowhere near ready to play in the NFL. And, honestly, he may never be. Between his inconsistent accuracy due to poor mechanics, his tendency to bail from clean pockets and his lack of field vision, he's going to leave as many big plays on the field as he creates. This was a risky pick.
[Reply]
nychief 08:01 AM 04-28-2017
just watched the Reid presser... looked like the cat that ate the canary.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:02 AM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
R8RFAN has clocked in and gone to work.

You can smell the fear too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:03 AM 04-28-2017
I think most Chiefs fans will be patient with Mahomes.

Generally, the ones I know who are really dissatisfied with Smith (and recognize him as the mediocre chickenshit he is) are savvy enough to recognize a guy like Mahomes needs development time and are fine with that.

I certainly will be. I would be fine with using 1.1 on a QB who needs some development.

The ones who aren't savvy are probably casual enough/homer enough to trust whatever Andy Reid and John Dorsey do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:04 AM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan:
Mahomes comment from USA today:
10. Patrick Mahomes, QB Texas Tech - Kansas City Chiefs (from Bills)
Grade: C
Analysis: Calling Mahomes a project is a major understatement. He's nowhere near ready to play in the NFL. And, honestly, he may never be. Between his inconsistent accuracy due to poor mechanics, his tendency to bail from clean pockets and his lack of field vision, he's going to leave as many big plays on the field as he creates. This was a risky pick.
I trust Reid and Dorsey. The talking heads disdain for Aaron Rodgers will always stick out to me.

Originally Posted by :
“I think he has a good chance of being a bust. Just like every other Tedford-coached quarterback. Thing I struggle with him is he gets sacked a lot. He doesn’t have great ability to change the release of the football. He’s mechanically very rigid. Brett Favre can change his release point and find different windows. There will be more growing pains with Alex Smith but in the end he has a much better chance to be much better.”
Originally Posted by :
“I don’t like him. He’s a clone of Harrington and Boller. They all throw the same way. What have those guys done? Nothing. If you take him in the second round, fine. Heady guy. They do a marvelous job of coaching quarterbacks there. I don’t think he’s as good as the top quarterbacks coming out last year.”
Not that he'll become Rodgers, but honestly, I don't even care if he busts. I'm just thrilled the Chiefs are taking a chance here - and at the end of the day, I trust Reid and Dorsey's confidence to develop him over the hot takes of national columnists.
[Reply]
burt 08:10 AM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I trust Reid and Dorsey. The talking heads disdain for Aaron Rodgers will always stick out to me.

Not that he'll become Rodgers, but honestly, I don't even care if he busts. I'm just thrilled the Chiefs are taking a chance here - and at the end of the day, I trust Reid and Dorsey's confidence to develop him than the hot takes of any sports writer.
THIS....GIGGITY.
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:11 AM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Holy shit how have I not watched this game?

Good ****ing god, my body is ready
That was awesome, he showed great arm strength, accuracy and play making ability and he was running for his life the whole game.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:15 AM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
That was awesome, he showed great arm strength, accuracy and play making ability and he was running for his life the whole game.
If I would've saw that game he would've been my #1 QB with ease
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 08:21 AM 04-28-2017
Geeked the fuck up for this pick!!
[Reply]
Bwana 08:24 AM 04-28-2017
I was driving down the highway doing 90 in a driving rain to make it back in time for the Chiefs draft pick and listening to ESPN radio. When I learned they actually drafted a QB in the first, I damn near drove off in the ditch. Congrats to John and Andy for having the balls to step up and go for it.

This kid is raw right now and needs some work but has a great upside and a rocket for an arm. I think he landed in the perfect environment to develop into something special.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 08:25 AM 04-28-2017
Woke up this am and realized that the Alex Smith era is almost over!
[Reply]
kchero 08:30 AM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
Cheaps could never identify QB talent.... Hell did you ever make the playoffs with Montana?

[Reply]
Mr. Laz 08:30 AM 04-28-2017
woke up this morning, still stunned
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:38 AM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
Cheaps could never identify QB talent.... Hell did you ever make the playoffs with Montana?
Go troll somewhere else dip shit. You are not welcome in this thread anymore.

And how in God's name do you have green rep? Unfathomable.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 2687
« First < 152122232425 2627282935751255251025 > Last »
Up