ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 12
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Toronto Raptors to play in KC for 2021 season?
BWillie 02:00 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I sat right behind the Heat bench a few years ago that was pretty cool. I've seen Lebron and Wade play here countless times including when they played OKC with Durant and Westbrooke. It was cool but I didnt fully enjoy it because I saw Nebraska whip Kstates ass a few nights before. That's when Nebraska was ranked top 10 and Martinez looked like a Heisman candidate. It was also when the Chiefs won the division with Haley/Cassel so football was all I really focused on.

Also saw Golden St play here the year they won their first title.

Probably not best to gauge an NBA game on pre season though. I bet a playoff game would be amazing. I'm definitely for a team moving to KC I would follow the NBA again.
I went to a Spurs vs Thunder playoff game back when they had Durant and Westbrook. Maybe even Harden. It was really fun even tho we had terrible seats but nothing compares to Allen Fieldhouse.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:17 PM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Man, if this happens, you guys will ****ing FREAK THE **** OUT when you see LIVE NBA games.

There's just nothing like it in all of sports.

TV does not translate the NBA at all.

I've only been to one NBA game. It was the Nuggets versus the Spurs in the era of David Robinson and Dennis Rodman. For some reason the team punished Rodman and wouldn't let him play in the first half, and he was ticked off, which was kind of scary to see.

But aside from that, I was amazed at the physiques of those guys. Robinson and Rodman were not the same species as me. They were real-life cartoon characters.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:11 PM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
But aside from that, I was amazed at the physiques of those guys. Robinson and Rodman were not the same species as me. They were real-life cartoon characters.
It's insane, right?

I met Shaq before I saw him play at Staples and I swear, at 6'1, I'm pretty sure I was talking to his belt buckle.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:19 PM 10-27-2020
Man, if this happens, you guys will ****ing FREAK THE **** OUT when you see LIVE NBA games.

I have been to quite a few NBA games over the last 15 years, not so many te last few, but the 4th quarters are amazing of regular season games, the 1st 3 quarters seem to be lazy, lets not play to hard ball. Then they go crazy in the 4th and the best team usually pulls away.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:28 AM 10-28-2020

Yeah nothing can compare to sitting in a half empty arena in February watching a Cleveland-Detroit NBA game.

:-)

The NBA regular season is an absolute joke.

You obviously haven't been to many live sporting events in your life if you think NBA games are one of the best in-person experiences in sports.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:58 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
You obviously haven't been to many live sporting events in your life if you think NBA games are one of the best in-person experiences in sports.

And you continue to prove that you're a fucking moron.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:01 PM 10-28-2020
And you continue to prove that you're a ****ing moron.
Says the dumbshit who is claiming that attending an NBA game is one of the best in-person sporting event experiences.

Enough said.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:04 PM 10-28-2020
Says the dumbshit who is claiming that attending an NBA game is one of the best in-person sporting event experiences.

Enough said.
Thanks for proving it, once again.

But I'm sure you'd take sitting at the K watching 100 loss teams over Kobe & Shaq, too.

Moron.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:08 PM 10-28-2020

Enough said.
Depends on the venue. I went to a regular season Denver Nuggets game five years ago and it was one of the saddest sporting events I've ever been to. No energy, nothing. I'm sure it's changed now that they are good.

Then I went to a regular season OKC game. Tons of energy, not Allenfieldhouse but it wasn't bad.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 10:21 AM 10-28-2020

I saw Kobe/LeBron at Staples and thought 'meh'.

I honestly enjoy a frenzied atmosphere at Allen Field House (and the college game itself) over the NBA any day.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:01 PM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
I saw Kobe/LeBron at Staples and thought 'meh'.

I honestly enjoy a frenzied atmosphere at Allen Field House (and the college game itself) over the NBA any day.
To each his own.

I was actually disappointed the first time I went to Allen Fieldhouse in 1983 because I was expecting soooo much more. The subsequent times were fun but being around a bunch of entitled, drunk KU students isn't exactly on the top of my list when it comes to entertainment.

That said, Kings games at Kemper weren't much better, especially from around 1982-1985. We even had floor seats.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:24 AM 10-28-2020

Many of us are old enough to remember the Kings. Olberding and Larry Drew were fun but I did not freak the **** out. Different game back then.

Most memorable game: we were winning by 1 vs. heavily-favored Philly - Moses Malone dribbles the whole damn length of the floor to make a layup to win.
[Reply]
tatorhog 12:48 PM 10-28-2020

I can't argue with the last part at all. I've only been to one NBA game in my life, and it was an expo game at that. Back when I was in HS and thought I had some game (I mean, I did have some very very light interest from some CC's lol) so when the Lakers and Cavs played at Kemper, Dad took me. We had pretty good seats, 7 or 8 rows off the court.

I can still remember being blown away at how big Vlade Divac was. And he was doing these crazy ass passes under the rim. Cedric Ceballos had a pretty good dunk on our end, but being 17 I still had this halfassed thought that if I worked hard enough I could at least aim for that. The reason? The Cavs had Bob Sura, who was this small-ish white guard with a giant knee brace on. He was clanging threes off the back iron in warm ups and didn't look like anything.

It gave me hope.

Then they put him in, and while on D, he steals the ball and flies down the court like he had a rocket up his ass and threw down the biggest dunk of the night. It was at that exact moment, I knew I had better learn to study harder because athletics were not in my future. lol

The highlight of the night was when the crowd kept chant "Rambis, Rambis" in the 4th trying to get the coach to put him in.

The game was fun, and if KC had a team I would definitely try to go to a few games.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:58 PM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
I can't argue with the last part at all. I've only been to one NBA game in my life, and it was an expo game at that. Back when I was in HS and thought I had some game (I mean, I did have some very very light interest from some CC's lol) so when the Lakers and Cavs played at Kemper, Dad took me. We had pretty good seats, 7 or 8 rows off the court.

I can still remember being blown away at how big Vlade Divac was. And he was doing these crazy ass passes under the rim. Cedric Ceballos had a pretty good dunk on our end, but being 17 I still had this halfassed thought that if I worked hard enough I could at least aim for that. The reason? The Cavs had Bob Sura, who was this small-ish white guard with a giant knee brace on. He was clanging threes off the back iron in warm ups and didn't look like anything.

It gave me hope.

Then they put him in, and while on D, he steals the ball and flies down the court like he had a rocket up his ass and threw down the biggest dunk of the night. It was at that exact moment, I knew I had better learn to study harder because athletics were not in my future. lol
There's nothing like seeing an NBA game at floor level to realize that you and your buddies are never going to make it as professional athletes.

The athleticism is astounding and just as Rainman said earlier, I don't think that I'm of the same species as those guys. Their bodies are nothing at all like mine.
[Reply]
tatorhog 08:19 AM 10-29-2020
There's nothing like seeing an NBA game at floor level to realize that you and your buddies are never going to make it as professional athletes.

The athleticism is astounding and just as Rainman said earlier, I don't think that I'm of the same species as those guys. Their bodies are nothing at all like mine.
It was humbling as a cocky 16/17yr old for sure, but it definitely put the size and just sheer ability of them into true perspective. My brother in law actually played for a large D-1 school. We are both 6-4, and watching him on tv, he was just tiny out there. Its easy to forget just how giant they are when watching tv. Looking back at it now, since Vlade was still on the team, that would have been the year before they traded for Kobe. Now that would have been a spectacle getting to see him.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 12
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up