Noah Fant

Broncos Receive:

Russell Wilson
4th Round Pick

— Allan Bell (@AllanBell247) March 8, 2022

[Reply]
htismaqe 10:24 AM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
To be fair, Baltimore does that and seem pretty successful with it. But I agree with you for the most part.
I would argue that Baltimore's offense is customized to take advantage of Lamar's strengths, as much as it is about his limitations.

What is being suggested here is to tailor the offense specifically around Russ' weaknesses because he really doesn't have any strengths.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:24 AM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
When Carson Wentz was traded, the dead cap hit was 35.4mm.

If Russel Wilson is traded after this season, the dead cap will be 107mm. If after next season, 85mm. The year after that, 49.6mm. And after that, 31.2mm.

This is nowhere near the Carson Wentz situation from a contract perspective.
We’ve seen this before. In fact recently. The Falcons traded Matt Ryan and are paying over $40 million in dead money this year (yikes!).

They could do what the Texans did with Brock Osweiler and pull an NBA cash dump trade. Basically another team with a lot of cap space buying a high draft pick. And it does make sense for a team like the Texans who will almost assuredly get Bryce Young.

You don’t want to throw that kid out there day 1 and Wilson’s cap hit next year and the year after is very team friendly, especially with Denver paying for the guarantees.

Also they do have by far the richest owner worth $60 billion. $80 million is pocket change for him, though him spending that would likely get Paton fired bc we all know wealthy people hate setting money on fire as much as we do.

But realistically if I’m Denver I look hard at coaches to see if this can be salvaged. As much as Russ has stunk, I think that their roster deficiencies and Hackett are a huge piece of the problem.

They’re not gonna try to get rid of Russ so quickly. They’ll see if this works at least 1 more year.
[Reply]
scho63 10:31 AM 12-02-2022
NOBODY is trading for Russell Wilson.

Elway hung that albatross around the Donkeys neck for 3-4 years.

They are destroyed.

THANK YOU JOHN ELWAY! :-)
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:29 AM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
We’ve seen this before. In fact recently. The Falcons traded Matt Ryan and are paying over $40 million in dead money this year (yikes!).

They could do what the Texans did with Brock Osweiler and pull an NBA cash dump trade. Basically another team with a lot of cap space buying a high draft pick. And it does make sense for a team like the Texans who will almost assuredly get Bryce Young.
Dude, this is more than 2x the cap space. It's not like 40mm and 85mm are remotely in the same ballpark.

No team is going to use their cap space to get Russel Wilson even if they included some draft picks which of course the Broncos don't have enough of because of this trade.
[Reply]
TLO 11:17 AM 10-20-2023
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
I’m in Seattle, and I don’t know anyone here who is happy about this trade.
Can we get an update on this?
[Reply]
TLO 11:22 AM 10-20-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I hope they completely ****ed their future for this deal and it sounds like they did.
Winner!
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:27 AM 10-20-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Meh. We got the GOAT going into his prime years. Not that worried.
Donks gave up a bunch to finish in 2nd place.
Still true today. Should have said last place instead though lol.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:40 AM 10-20-2023
Still true today. Should have said last place instead though lol.
Second place must seem like a fever dream to them now.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 11:50 AM 10-20-2023
Donks gave up a bunch to finish in 2nd place.
They sure as hell finished in 2nd place in that trade.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:01 PM 10-20-2023
This thread has three groups of people in it.

1. Bronco Homers - Wilson is going to win multiple championships because the Broncos have a top 5 defense and an amazing group of weapons. Wilson has never had this great of talent around him.

2. Middle of the road - This was a win for the Broncos but this team is not as stacked as everyone says it is. He's good enough to elevate that offense and get them to the playoffs but a championship is not guaranteed. The Broncos are probably on par with the Chargers but have a more proven QB.

3. Chiefs homers - Wilson is garbage. The Broncos mortgaged their future for a broken QB who hasn't done shit without a defense. The Broncos are still 4th best in the AFC.
THE CHIEFS HOMERS HAVE WON THE PENNANT! THE CHIEFS HOMERS HAVE WON THE PENNANT!
[Reply]
staylor26 12:08 PM 10-20-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-)

Far cry from Aaron Rodgers.
Have you watched Russell Wilson the last couple years?

In no way is this better for them.
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
I understand what you are saying but it's better.
No, it’s really not.
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Lol.

You serious right now?
Please explain to me how Russell Wilson is in any way better than the back to back MVP?

You’re absolutely clueless. Wilson has been pretty bad down the stretch the last 2 years.
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Wtf are you talking about? He’s been really good playing for a defensive team that bases it’s offense entirely on running the damn ball.

And his OL has been among the worst in the league since 2015.

I bet he’s thrilled to get out of that shit hole
Russell Wilson has regressed each of the last 2 seasons down the stretch.

[Reply]
staylor26 12:11 PM 10-20-2023
#ThaPatonPlan = overpaying for option B because you have no choice
This aged like fine wine.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:12 PM 10-20-2023
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
#ThePatonPlan

:-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:19 PM 10-20-2023
This thread has three groups of people in it.

1. Bronco Homers - Wilson is going to win multiple championships because the Broncos have a top 5 defense and an amazing group of weapons. Wilson has never had this great of talent around him.

2. Middle of the road - This was a win for the Broncos but this team is not as stacked as everyone says it is. He's good enough to elevate that offense and get them to the playoffs but a championship is not guaranteed. The Broncos are probably on par with the Chargers but have a more proven QB.

3. Chiefs homers - Wilson is garbage. The Broncos mortgaged their future for a broken QB who hasn't done shit without a defense. The Broncos are still 4th best in the AFC.

I believe I was in 2.

It cost a lot, but quarterbacks cost a lot and in light of that, the return wasn't unreasonable.

Where I felt like the Broncos really screwed the pooch was the extension. They took the value in the trade and immediately set it on fire. And they did so without seeing how Wilson would even transition to a new team.

So yeah, i think 2 works.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:23 PM 10-20-2023
I was definitely 3. He was pure garbage down the stretch in Seattle and has declined further since
[Reply]
Page 65 of 66
« First < 15556162636465 66 >
Up