ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 164 of 173
« First < 64114154160161162163164 165166167168 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:23 AM 01-05-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I watched this recently also. What did you think?

I thought it was a pretty solid who dun it.

But I don't think it was as smart or clever as it thought it was. But ultimately, I didn't guess it until they bashed me over the head with it.

I think there was some social narrative (outside of the obvious climate change evil corporation shit that was overt) they were going for and didn't really hit me like they thought it would.

Moreover, I'm starting to get a little tired of the trope of an investigation being a device to tell the backstory. Whenever they'd go back to catch the serial killer, by the end I was like get fucking to it, man. I think that bit peaked with Station Eleven. And it seemed like they were trying to hit some of those notes, but they didn't do it nearly as well as Station Eleven.

But that's pretty nitpicky. It's a good watch and there are some memorable concepts they hit on. Most notable is

Spoiler!

There were also some notes that hit hard. Darby's dealing with death was really strong acting, and

Spoiler!

So the scenery and the hotel were absolutely magnificent. But at the same time didn't seem to matter. I think we (or at least me) are getting desensitized to some really excellent filmmaking.

All in all a good watch, and good performances all the way around. I'd recommend it.
I pretty much agree with you across the board

I felt the story sort of limped across the finish line after a strong start but was still a worthy watch. I'm typically a one episode at a time viewer and I went from looking forward to watching it to "oh yeah, I guess we have a Murder at the End of the World that we could watch"

Like you said though it was shot and performed well and I appreciated the use of AI to modernize a who-done-it
[Reply]
BigRichard 04:57 AM 01-06-2024
Peaky Blinders was great but it sounds like there is supposed to be a movie to wrap it all up.
[Reply]
BigRichard 06:32 PM 01-07-2024
Call me intrigued...

pic.twitter.com/PKacQIGdfE

— Apple TV (@AppleTV) January 2, 2024

[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:33 PM 01-07-2024
So, the Golden Globes have been clueless. Succession is absolutely great, but The Last of Us should have won
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:49 PM 01-07-2024
Yeah, the Globes just became a joke
[Reply]
mr. tegu 06:20 PM 01-08-2024
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Call me intrigued...

The downside of getting in on excellent shows from the beginning. It takes forever to get more. We didn’t start watching Game of Thrones until after season 4 so not nearly as much waiting around between episodes and seasons.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:24 PM 01-08-2024
I'm watching Fool Me Once on Netflix. 3 episodes in and I have NO FUCKING CLUE how it's going to end up. It's a nice little who done it.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:44 AM 01-09-2024
I'm watching Fool Me Once on Netflix. 3 episodes in and I have NO FUCKING CLUE how it's going to end up. It's a nice little who done it.
Started it as well and my god Michelle Keegan is a smoke show
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:10 AM 01-09-2024
I really don't have the words to describe how I feel about The Curse

Its masterfully brilliant in the most uncomfortable way. Every moment and interaction is so painfully cringe. It the white...errr blackest of comedies

Everyone in the show is killing their role but Emma Stone is on a different level
[Reply]
Jerm 09:32 AM 01-09-2024
I’m super LTTP but The Americans has always been on my radar but for what ever reason I've just never got around to watching it…well I started binging this the other night and HOLY SHIT is this really good. Now granted I'm only about 12 episodes in but I can tell I'm in for a ride and I'm here for it.

I love the premise, I think the casting is spot on, the acting is great, and the writing really has drawn me in….the only real question for me is I'm wondering how they can make this go for 6 seasons. There's been some slow burn stuff granted but it seems like this show moves at a pretty feverish pace.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:23 PM 01-09-2024
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I’m super LTTP but The Americans has always been on my radar but for what ever reason I've just never got around to watching it…well I started binging this the other night and HOLY SHIT is this really good. Now granted I'm only about 12 episodes in but I can tell I'm in for a ride and I'm here for it.

I love the premise, I think the casting is spot on, the acting is great, and the writing really has drawn me in….the only real question for me is I'm wondering how they can make this go for 6 seasons. There's been some slow burn stuff granted but it seems like this show moves at a pretty feverish pace.
I’m a total douche homer for the Americans. I’ve rewatched the whole thing probably 3 times. It’s awesome.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:25 PM 01-09-2024
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Started it as well and my god Michelle Keegan is a smoke show
Hot as the surface of the sun.
[Reply]
Jerm 01:26 PM 01-09-2024
I’m a total douche homer for the Americans. I’ve rewatched the whole thing probably 3 times. It’s awesome.
It's such a great premise and one where I'm watching it thinking why haven't more people done stuff in this vein...

I'm a big mark for Cold War/spy stuff so that totally helps but it's awesome so far.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:25 AM 01-10-2024
Originally Posted by Jerm:

One of the best endings of any show ever imo, so it’s completely worth the investment to take it all the way to the finish line.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 06:46 AM 01-10-2024
I've been watching loudermilk on Netflix. It's an older show though but I think it's hilarious
[Reply]
Page 164 of 173
« First < 64114154160161162163164 165166167168 > Last »
Up