ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Sign former Bucs S Mike Edwards
RunKC 03:12 PM 03-17-2023

The #Chiefs are signing former #Bucs S Mike Edwards, source said. Coming off his best season with 82 tackles and two picks, he now lands in KC.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 17, 2023

It's a 1-year deal worth $3M with a chance to get to $5M with incentives, per source. https://t.co/aq33s4kRTP

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 17, 2023

[Reply]
staylor26 08:24 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
Sure, on paper. Good thing the game isn't played on paper.
If the Jets get Rodgers, they're clearly better on paper at QB.

"Good thing the game isn't played on paper"

See how that works? Still sounds stupid.
[Reply]
FANATIC 08:28 PM 03-17-2023
It’s a tough blow for the Bucs, but they can’t win them all. As great as he was for the team last year, bringing back David and Dean far outweighs losing Edwards.

He was great, though, which is why losing Edwards is a tough pill to swallow. Last season he had one his the best years of his career, and amassed 149 tackles and nine interceptions — with three of those in the last two years going for pick sixes — in his career with the Bucs.

https://thepewterplank.com/2023/03/1...dwards-chiefs/

One NFL player you forgot played for your favorite team
Edwards heads to Kansas City on a one-year deal that will pay him $3 million, which seems like the type of deal the Bucs could have matched.

However the team entered the offseason without a ton of money to spend, and handed our $52 million to Dean, $7 million to David, and another $4 million to Baker Mayfield. All of that meant not being able to afford even a low priced deal for Edwards, who joins a phenomenal defense and has a chance to truly cash in big next offseason if he balls out in Kansas City.
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 08:32 PM 03-17-2023
Sure, on paper. Good thing the game isn't played on paper.
Yeah, on paper the Chiefs were toast last year after losing Tyreek Hill, Tyrann Matheiu, and Charvarious Ward. The Bengals had KC's number, and the Bills were poised to win the Super Bowl.

Oh yeah, and the Eagles had the hands down better roster.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 08:40 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
If the Jets get Rodgers, they're clearly better on paper at QB.

"Good thing the game isn't played on paper"

See how that works? Still sounds stupid.
That's a terrible comparison.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 08:42 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyV13:
Yeah, on paper the Chiefs were toast last year after losing Tyreek Hill, Tyrann Matheiu, and Charvarious Ward. The Bengals had KC's number, and the Bills were poised to win the Super Bowl.

Oh yeah, and the Eagles had the hands down better roster.
Yeah, that's what i was saying. Just because it looks bad on paper, doesn't mean that it is.

See staylor? JohnnyV13 thinks you're a dummy too.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:43 PM 03-17-2023
That's a terrible comparison.
Yes, I'm sure logical consistency is very difficult for you.

The difference between last year's safeties and this year's might not quite be the same as Rodgers and Wilson/White, but it's significant enough to be ridiculous of you to just say "well you don't know for sure that they got worse!".
[Reply]
Iconic 08:48 PM 03-17-2023
alr. this is it. this is the winner. veach is a boss god fucking damn man
[Reply]
rfaulk34 08:54 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yes, I'm sure logical consistency is very difficult for you.

The difference between last year's safeties and this year's might not quite be the same as Rodgers and Wilson/White, but it's significant enough to be ridiculous of you to just say "well you don't know for sure that they got worse!".

[Reply]
TimeForWasp 09:28 PM 03-17-2023
I appreciate the veach around
[Reply]
cdcox 10:03 PM 03-17-2023
He didn't play as well as Thornhill in 2022, but he is a much-needed legitimate replacement body in the safety room. Adequate replacement, at a much cheaper price. Everyone should expect much cursing of this player from the Game Day Tread warriors. This guy will cause my iggy list to grow like no other.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:38 PM 03-17-2023
Just watched the Locked on Chiefs analysis of this guy. According to them, basically we're looking at solid depth. Probably will back up Cook, and play STs.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:44 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Just watched the Locked on Chiefs analysis of this guy. According to them, basically we're looking at solid depth. Probably will back up Cook, and play STs.
I was told that Cook would have to make a "big leap" to not be replaced by this guy.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:45 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I was told that Cook would have to make a "big jump" to not be replaced by this guy.
Heck, I'm just reporting the news, bud. At this moment, your guess is probably better than mine.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:47 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Heck, I'm just reporting the news, bud. At this moment, your guess is probably better than mine.
No, I agree with you. That quote was from THIS thread by a usual suspect.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:48 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
No, I agree with you. That quote was from THIS thread by a usual suspect.
Ah. Gotcha.:-)
[Reply]
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Up