ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 12
« First < 45678 9101112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Sign former Bucs S Mike Edwards
RunKC 03:12 PM 03-17-2023

The #Chiefs are signing former #Bucs S Mike Edwards, source said. Coming off his best season with 82 tackles and two picks, he now lands in KC.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 17, 2023

It's a 1-year deal worth $3M with a chance to get to $5M with incentives, per source. https://t.co/aq33s4kRTP

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 17, 2023

[Reply]
Megatron96 07:44 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
He's the 20th rated FA safety this year. 4TDs against and 2 picks. 116.6 passer rating against and a 16% missed tackle percentage and gives up 12 y/rec.

PFF ratings are shit and super lame but he graded as 52.3 if you care about that stuff.

The guy some of you were laughing about the Bengals supposedly signing, Nick Scott, has better numbers across the board.

EDIT: Bengals have put pen to paper with Scott.
I don't remember laughing at . . . Nick Scott?

PFF kind of sux.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:45 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

PFF kind of sux.
He's talking out of his ass.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 07:54 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

PFF kind of sux.
Not saying you but i recall a couple talking about how the Bengals will be weaker at S. I don't really know yet, but they're definitely more athletic and allow Anarumo to do more things that he'd like.

One of the guys on our board knows some people in the NFL and this is what he said about Scott.

"His fit is his ability to allow Lou to run late rotations interchangeably. We play a lot of single high coverages but we try to rotate from various pre snap rotations. We got burned a couple times last year when Vonn was on the late bail. Specifically there was a play in the first KC game where he was late bailing and didn't have the make up speed to get back and MVS burned us down the middle. Not the only instance but one that vividly stands out to me.

My guy I trust on defensive analysis really liked this pick up for us. He broke down the Rams defense and ours for the Chiefs this year and he thinks Scott would be a better fit in our system than Bell with some time to learn it. He also mentioned he'd take him over Thornhill and that dude was part of his organization lol."

As far as his believablility...i'm usually skeptical when people claim that so i called him out on it in the past and he showed me the receipts, so i believe him now.

Mike Edwards looks to be really hot or cold with not a lot in the middle, but he is better than Cook right now.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 07:55 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He's talking out of his ass.
Well, you like looking at my ass, so i figured i'd give you a reason to.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:56 PM 03-17-2023
He's the 20th rated FA safety this year. 4TDs against and 2 picks. 116.6 passer rating against and a 16% missed tackle percentage and gives up 12 y/rec.

PFF ratings are shit and super lame but he graded as 52.3 if you care about that stuff.

The guy some of you were laughing about the Bengals supposedly signing, Nick Scott, has better numbers across the board.

EDIT: Bengals have put pen to paper with Scott.
Where did Thornhill rank?
[Reply]
staylor26 07:57 PM 03-17-2023
You're either lying or just wrong

Nick Scott had a 54.2 PFF grade

Mike Edwards had a 56.7 PFF grade

And this was Edwards worst season. Not a single person who has a clue thinks Scott is better than Edwards.

Also, Edwards is projected to be our 3rd S. Scott is projected to be a starter.

In no fucking universe is Scott and Dax Hill an upgrade over Bell and Bates. Fucking dumbass.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 08:01 PM 03-17-2023
Mr. rfaulk34,

You guys lost both of your starting Safeties, really good Safeties.

Jesse Bates AND Von Bell!!!!!

I dont know who said it but it sounds like a very reasonable take, that you guys will be weaker at Safety.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:03 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Trade for D Hop and draft a fatty and we’re good
I like where your head is at
[Reply]
rfaulk34 08:05 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Where did Thornhill rank?
Thornhill was #8.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 08:05 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
O tech DT and this defense is about to be nasty..
Yeah, it does feel like they're implementing a 3-4 package. Omienigu definitely fits the 3-4 prototype, as does george. Something is definately up.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 08:09 PM 03-17-2023
Not saying you but i recall a couple talking about how the Bengals will be weaker at S. I don't really know yet, but they're definitely more athletic and allow Anarumo to do more things that he'd like.

One of the guys on our board knows some people in the NFL and this is what he said about Scott.

"His fit is his ability to allow Lou to run late rotations interchangeably. We play a lot of single high coverages but we try to rotate from various pre snap rotations. We got burned a couple times last year when Vonn was on the late bail. Specifically there was a play in the first KC game where he was late bailing and didn't have the make up speed to get back and MVS burned us down the middle. Not the only instance but one that vividly stands out to me.

My guy I trust on defensive analysis really liked this pick up for us. He broke down the Rams defense and ours for the Chiefs this year and he thinks Scott would be a better fit in our system than Bell with some time to learn it. He also mentioned he'd take him over Thornhill and that dude was part of his organization lol."

As far as his believablility...i'm usually skeptical when people claim that so i called him out on it in the past and he showed me the receipts, so i believe him now.

Mike Edwards looks to be really hot or cold with not a lot in the middle, but he is better than Cook right now.
Yeah that was me. You've gone from Bell and Bates to this guy and who knows what.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 08:13 PM 03-17-2023
You're either lying or just wrong

Nick Scott had a 54.2 PFF grade

Mike Edwards had a 56.7 PFF grade

And this was Edwards worst season. Not a single person who has a clue thinks Scott is better than Edwards.

Also, Edwards is projected to be our 3rd S. Scott is projected to be a starter.

In no ****ing universe is Scott and Dax Hill an upgrade over Bell and Bates. ****ing dumbass.
That number is correct. I didn't change from reg+post season to just regular season. Also, it may have been Edwards worst year--where he played his most snaps--but it's on par with his first year, where he played his 2nd most snaps.

You don't know if the Bengals will be better or worse because you don't know what Anarumo wants to call based on what he can call based on athletic ability. Basically, you don't know anything.

Lrn2futbol, dickwad.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:15 PM 03-17-2023
That number is correct. I didn't change from reg+post season to just regular season. Also, it may have been Edwards worst year--where he played his most snaps--but it's on par with his first year, where he played his 2nd most snaps.

You don't know if the Bengals will be better or worse because you don't know what Anarumo wants to call based on what he can call based on athletic ability. Basically, you don't know anything.

Lrn2futbol, dickwad.
So we bascially can't critique anything the Bengals do. Might as well just end any discussion until the season starts!

The Bengals got worse at safety on paper. Not even debatable. Suck my dick.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 08:19 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Mr. rfaulk34,

You guys lost both of your starting Safeties, really good Safeties.

Jesse Bates AND Von Bell!!!!!

I dont know who said it but it sounds like a very reasonable take, that you guys will be weaker at Safety.
Jessie Bates was a really good safety for us but he was very inconsistent. He's been good every other year, 1st, 3rd and 5th--elite in his 3rd year, 2020--and he's been below average years 2 and 4. In 2021 he was very average until the playoffs started and he was very good in the post season. Von Bell didn't become good until he was in Anarumo's system and he has athletic limitations that Anarumo was able to work around.

I trust Anarumo's system more than i trust a few of the players on D.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 08:23 PM 03-17-2023
So we bascially can't critique anything the Bengals do. Might as well just end any discussion until the season starts!

The Bengals got worse at safety on paper. Not even debatable. Suck my dick.
Sure, on paper. Good thing the game isn't played on paper.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 12
« First < 45678 9101112 >
Up