ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 31
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Drue Tranquill to Chiefs
RunKC 02:20 PM 03-17-2023

Sources: 1 year, up to $5M for Drue Tranquill to the #Chiefs, who I’m told chose Kansas City over five other suitors. https://t.co/NjlxDZVhlk

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) March 17, 2023

[Reply]
Fish 03:34 PM 03-17-2023
Wow. Surprise signing. This guy is good. He laid some good hits on the Chiefs this year.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:34 PM 03-17-2023
Spags is not a 3-4 guy he just likes having versatile players that can do alot of stuff to mix and match.
[Reply]
emaw1979 03:37 PM 03-17-2023
I don't understand the signing. Good player and makes the LB room better. There aren't enough snaps for Gay, Bolton, Chenal and Tranquil, and Harris, who is solid depth.

Does this open up a potential trade for Gay, who, for whatever stupid reason, Spags won't use to his potential?
[Reply]
kccrow 03:37 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by PattyFlakes:
Definitely don’t view him as a Gay replacement, but as a young versatile lb that adds some diversity to our lb core, especially with his ability to cover.
I knocked Detox on Gay's ability to cover so I'm going to knock on saying that Tranquill is a good cover LB. Neither are good in that regard.

These guys aren't Demario Davis and the like by any stretch. They aren't even DeVondre Campbell or Shaq Leonard or Germaine Pratt level in pass coverage. Let's pump the breaks on guys that routinely allow 85%+ completions being "good" in coverage.

They are solid starting caliber LBs in the NFL, both of them. They just aren't all that great in coverage guys.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:38 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by emaw1979:
I don't understand the signing. Good player and makes the LB room better. There aren't enough snaps for Gay, Bolton, Chenal and Tranquil, and Harris, who is solid depth.

Does this open up a potential trade for Gay, who, for whatever stupid reason, Spags won't use to his potential?
Harris is gone
[Reply]
Mecca 03:38 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by emaw1979:

Harris is no longer on the team.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 03:38 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Wharton most likely
No.
[Reply]
emaw1979 03:39 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Harris is no longer on the team.
Thanks, I missed it. Regardless, there aren't enough snaps for those 4.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:41 PM 03-17-2023
DUDE HOW DO WE FIND THE BEST TRASH! (guys they are 3/5 mil guys for a reason)
[Reply]
Cosmos 04:02 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Another thought - could this be a load management play for Bolton, to help extend his career?

We had Bolton on the field all. the. time. last year and he broke our franchise tackle record.

I wonder if adding a guy like this allows us to rest Bolton on the plays where we don't necessarily need him taking a rep.
3rd down..yup.
[Reply]
Cosmos 04:04 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by Danguardace:
Chenal to De
Lemme think about this…has legs.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:04 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Spags is not a 3-4 guy he just likes having versatile players that can do alot of stuff to mix and match.
This. Spags likes Swiss Army knife players. Loves versatility, pretty much everywhere. He wants his DLs to be able to do all the traditional things, but also be able to drop into coverage, DEs that can play inside, DTs that can play outside. LBs that can cover/blitz/run stuff, DBs that can cover, but also come down and play the run, etc.

We're probably going to see this guy lined up all over in the first 10 games or so, and Spags will evaluate where he can use him to the best advantage.
[Reply]
KCJake 04:11 PM 03-17-2023
$850,000 #AAV

Sincerely, Chiefs Planet
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:16 PM 03-17-2023
STONESTREET :-)

pic.twitter.com/RHcFwfiZ1k

— Eric Stonestreet (@ericstonestreet) March 17, 2023

[Reply]
RunKC 04:20 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I knocked Detox on Gay's ability to cover so I'm going to knock on saying that Tranquill is a good cover LB. Neither are good in that regard.

These guys aren't Demario Davis and the like by any stretch. They aren't even DeVondre Campbell or Shaq Leonard or Germaine Pratt level in pass coverage. Let's pump the breaks on guys that routinely allow 85%+ completions being "good" in coverage.

They are solid starting caliber LBs in the NFL, both of them. They just aren't all that great in coverage guys.
This type of signing is why I think we won’t pay Willie Gay a 2nd contract unless it’s very team friendly.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 31
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up