ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 31
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Drue Tranquill to Chiefs
RunKC 02:20 PM 03-17-2023

Sources: 1 year, up to $5M for Drue Tranquill to the #Chiefs, who I’m told chose Kansas City over five other suitors. https://t.co/NjlxDZVhlk

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) March 17, 2023

[Reply]
Easy 6 01:44 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
This guy is really an interesting signing. The LB room is pretty flush, so why this guy right now? Was he just a happy accident, or is something else going on?
Its a fair question, no doubt

The simplest answer is they simply wanted a better cover backer, but who knows?
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:58 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Its a fair question, no doubt

The simplest answer is they simply wanted a better cover backer, but who knows?
None of our LBs are great in coverage, but I'd argue they're better than they were a year ago. Harris was the weak link in that regard in 2022, and this guy looks better at it, so looks like a solid W for KC?
[Reply]
JPH83 02:26 PM 03-19-2023
None of our LBs are great in coverage, but I'd argue they're better than they were a year ago. Harris was the weak link in that regard in 2022, and this guy looks better at it, so looks like a solid W for KC?
I'm not sure Harris was any worse in coverage than the rest to be honest. It was the relative weakness across the group. With Tranquil it's gone, we have guys who can blitz rush, stuff the run, bottle up a running QB and now cover over the middle. It's an outstanding group, or certainly should be next year.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:31 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I'm not sure Harris was any worse in coverage than the rest to be honest. It was the relative weakness across the group. With Tranquil it's gone, we have guys who can blitz rush, stuff the run, bottle up a running QB and now cover over the middle. It's an outstanding group, or certainly should be next year.
Wasn't my analysis, really. Heard that on Chris Simms show a week before the SB. Basically, he said of the LBs, Harris was the 'worst' at coverage, and how that could be a problem vs. PHI.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:35 PM 03-19-2023
Wasn't my analysis, really. Heard that on Chris Simms show a week before the SB. Basically, he said of the LBs, Harris was the 'worst' at coverage, and how that could be a problem vs. PHI.
Probably a better judge than me, just think it's one of those small weaknesses that always felt like it could crop up with whoever we had out there...not that it mattered in the end. But it's cool seeing us just slam the door on this before anyone got the idea of exploiting it.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:39 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Probably a better judge than me, just think it's one of those small weaknesses that always felt like it could crop up with whoever we had out there...not that it mattered in the end. But it's cool seeing us just slam the door on this before anyone got the idea of exploiting it.
EXACTLY.
[Reply]
Dark Horse 06:01 PM 03-19-2023
Back in the day coverage wasn’t really a problem for a linebacker all Willie Lanier had to do was grab a guy and pull his arms off so he couldn’t catch the ball
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:03 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Dark Horse:
Back in the day coverage wasn’t really a problem for a linebacker all Willie Lanier had to do was grab a guy and pull his arms off so he couldn’t catch the ball
Or just try to take the receiver's head off. 'Separate the man from the ball.' Miss the good ole days as well.
[Reply]
Dark Horse 06:06 PM 03-19-2023
Or just try to take the receiver's head off. 'Separate the man from the ball.' Miss the good ole days as well.
Yeah nothing like seeing a guy headless and armless to get the old juices flowing
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:13 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Dark Horse:
Yeah nothing like seeing a guy headless and armless to get the old juices flowing

[Reply]
kccrow 06:37 AM 03-20-2023
This guy is really an interesting signing. The LB room is pretty flush, so why this guy right now? Was he just a happy accident, or is something else going on?
It's interesting, no doubt. He's better than Gay and Chenal are right now. Hard to truly gauge if Veach has something up his sleeve or if it's just a lucky signing that gives us a really good rotation.
[Reply]
O.city 06:52 AM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
It's interesting, no doubt. He's better than Gay and Chenal are right now. Hard to truly gauge if Veach has something up his sleeve or if it's just a lucky signing that gives us a really good rotation.
I'd think if it was something they thought of as a replacement, it woulda been for more than 1 year.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:36 AM 03-20-2023
Harris coverage grades were horrible. Hell of a tackler and smart, but able to be targeted in coverage.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:00 AM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd think if it was something they thought of as a replacement, it woulda been for more than 1 year.
That wouldn't be smart for Tranquill though. No point in locking himself up to a multiyear deal when he can come in, prove that he deserves a long term contract and then have that shot next year. If he does well, then the Chiefs will have to either sign him or he'll find another team.
[Reply]
O.city 09:36 AM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
That wouldn't be smart for Tranquill though. No point in locking himself up to a multiyear deal when he can come in, prove that he deserves a long term contract and then have that shot next year. If he does well, then the Chiefs will have to either sign him or he'll find another team.
Sure, but he also took 3 mil a year. I don't think he was in such high demand.

It just seems to be a position of little value to teams unless you are a real difference maker and an athlete.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 31
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up