ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 56
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Jr signs with Bengals
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:19 PM 03-15-2023

Sources: Four-time Pro Bowl tackle and Super Bowl champ Orlando Brown Jr. is finalizing a four-year, $64.092 million front-loaded deal with the #Bengals that includes an over $31M signing bonus — largest ever for an o-lineman.

Brown’s agent, Michael Portner, confirmed the deal. pic.twitter.com/GFFZX0zLrs

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 16, 2023

[Reply]
The Franchise 09:30 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
im positive that we would have given him that same contract. So why didn’t we? Did Brown take it personal when we didn’t make his a top 5 paid LT?
Do you think that’s what he was after? He wanted to reset the market…not be the 17th highest paid LT. Dude fucked himself over.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:30 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
im positive that we would have given him that same contract. So why didn’t we? Did Brown take it personal when we didn’t make his a top 5 paid LT?
I highly doubt he "took it personal" and then played an entire season with the team, won a SB, and then was determined to leave in free agency because of what happened the prior offseason.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:31 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I think I would've slightly preferred OBJ at that price point to Williams given continuity, etc, but Veach may have pivoted earlier and OBJ's demands may have only dropped as the last couple days evolved.

Regardless, it's a close call and it'll be fun having new blood on the OL that we think has a higher ceiling.
Seth Keysor already charted Taylor against the top pass rushers he faced last season and compared it to a similar sample from OBJ.

Apparently, Taylor pretty much never lost reps in pass protection. Keysor was raving about how stark the difference was. He wins with his feet and athleticism, which is just the beginning for his potential as his technique improves.

He said too that Taylor’s only real struggle was rushers who could translate speed to power (which is somewhat rare), and even then his losses weren’t THAT bad.

He also can really use his athleticism to get to the second level and pull in the run game, even though he isn’t a road grader.

TL;DR: Taylor is the prototypical Andy Reid OT.
[Reply]
Archie Bunker 09:31 PM 03-15-2023
I honestly think he was holding the offense back and they viewed Taylor as the future at LT. Brown played his way out of his bag.

When you watch him, even to a guy like me, all you see is a RT trying to play LT. Taylor at least looks the part.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:32 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The real question is how does this affect their ability to retain players moving forward. Assuming they ain't bullshitting and keep Higgins, and they'll certainly keep Chase and Burrow...the rest of that roster is gonna be paper thin.
Seems like Cincy did pretty well on the Orlando deal. Not overpaying him by any means. It's only 4 years as well. They have ways to kick the can down the road with Burrow & Chase in particular. Even after Burrow signs, they will play the restructure game just like every other team.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 09:32 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The real question is how does this affect their ability to retain players moving forward. Assuming they ain't bullshitting and keep Higgins, and they'll certainly keep Chase and Burrow...the rest of that roster is gonna be paper thin.
I think it's intentionally front loaded for their two year window before Chase is due.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:32 PM 03-15-2023
I think I would've slightly preferred OBJ at that price point to Williams given continuity, etc, but Veach may have pivoted earlier and OBJ's demands may have only dropped as the last couple days evolved.

Regardless, it's a close call and it'll be fun having new blood on the OL that we think has a higher ceiling.
If the Chiefs really think Taylor can transition to LT, and he does, I don't think anybody will feel that way in hindsight.
[Reply]
Jamie 09:33 PM 03-15-2023
What an idiot. I don't usually hate guys that leave, but this delusional asshole can go fuck himself with both fists.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 09:33 PM 03-15-2023
Great deal for Cincinnati. Dumbass play by OBJ that cost him and KC.

On the plus side Taylor has a lot of potential upside.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:34 PM 03-15-2023
This guy is dumb but hey let's bring Will McDonald in cause his skills set would murder Brown.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:34 PM 03-15-2023

The problem is Orlando refused to sign for this type of deal with KC. He wanted $23-25M per year from the Chiefs. He had to go on the open market to eat the humble pie and sign a reasonable contract. I assume Cincy offered him $14-15M per year and he had to play hardball to squeeze the $16M per year out of them.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 09:37 PM 03-15-2023
Already over it. I believe OBJ is an average tackle in pass pro and his market reflected that. This is the best he could do for reasons.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 09:37 PM 03-15-2023
Chiefs dodged a bullet. He's getting paid like 17th best tackle because that's what he is
[Reply]
staylor26 09:37 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
This guy is dumb but hey let's bring Will McDonald in cause his skills set would murder Brown.
I really do think he's going to be our guy at 31..
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:41 PM 03-15-2023
Is his agent's last name Constanza, by chance? Just a hunch... :-)

[Reply]
Page 10 of 56
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up