ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What will/should Veach do with the WR position group?
Do we trade for Hopkins and commit cap + picks to a 31 year old? 33 27.27%
Do we overpay for a weird egomaniac (talented freak) coming off a rehab year with OBJ? 6 4.96%
Do we have to overpay to get Mecole to return, since there are likely other bidders? 8 6.61%
Do we sign an elderly 32 year old Adam Thielen? 8 6.61%
Do we trade for an unnamed player that could be had? 8 6.61%
Do we sign an unnamed WR FA, former Chief or otherwise? (Please specifcy) 12 9.92%
Do we let it ride, and use the draft to fill the remaining WR spots? 46 38.02%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Poll: What should/will Veach do with the WR group?
Dante84 06:45 PM 03-15-2023
[Poll coming soon]

Right now we have MVS, Toney, Moore and... camp fodder. So what happens this offseason?
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:48 AM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Great poll. Let it ride I say. We already have our starters. Kelce, Toney, Skyy, and MVS. We need young developmental depth. Not to mention some interesting camp guys in the likes of Justyn and John Ross.

We have 10 selections in this draft. There will be some nice options on day three. We're talking WR's 4, 5, and 6.
Good fucking luck next year then. Holy shit.

You're counting on Kelce who is another year older, Toney who has never been able to stay healthy, MVS who is inconsistent as fuck and Moore.

You can sit here and say "Yeah but look at what we did this last year" but that's not sustainable by any fucking means.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:46 PM 03-20-2023
Great poll. Let it ride I say. We already have our starters. Kelce, Toney, Skyy, and MVS. We need young developmental depth. Not to mention some interesting camp guys in the likes of Justyn and John Ross.

We have 10 selections in this draft. There will be some nice options on day three. We're talking WR's 4, 5, and 6.
Almost no chance we stand pat on the WR group as is. Veach will sign a vet (probably possession-type) WR.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:52 PM 03-20-2023
I'll trust Veach, but I'm hoping the approach doesn't involve Hopkins or OBJ.

Ideally, we get our guy(s) via the draft.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:54 PM 03-20-2023

That strategy would be a disaster.

At the very least the Chiefs have to replace JJSS with another veteran, starting caliber WR. The only two realistically available guys who fit that description are OBJ and Hopkins.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:55 PM 03-20-2023

Yea that has the makings of absolute disaster all over it, good call.
[Reply]
Dante84 04:38 PM 03-20-2023
Okay, so, here we go.

This is the first legitimate whiff of Hopkins to KC smoke outside of people just "thinking" its a good fit.

The OBJ smoke has been there.

Around the NFL circles the Chiefs would like to add a wide receiver whether it’s Hopkins or OBJ.

Patrick Mahomes restructured his contract so they’re about 10 million under the cap.

— Mike Jurecki (@mikejurecki) March 20, 2023

[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:24 PM 03-20-2023
Five AFC Championship Games has been awesome. Selling out for #6 is dumb AF
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:28 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Five AFC Championship Games has been awesome. Selling out for #6 is dumb AF
What would 'selling out' look like exactly?
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:33 PM 03-20-2023
Kelce is #1 receiver. Being second fiddle to a TE requires too high a cost
[Reply]
Bump 06:34 PM 03-20-2023
is TO still training for a comeback?
[Reply]
TribalElder 06:45 PM 03-20-2023
mahomes liked tweets
[Reply]
emaw1979 07:04 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Kelce is #1 receiver. Being second fiddle to a TE requires too high a cost
Kelce is great, but he's cleared lost a step or two. He will be 34 in October.

I don't like trading away assets so give me OBJ or Chark or hit it in the draft.
[Reply]
Bump 07:05 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by emaw1979:
Kelce is great, but he's cleared lost a step or two. He will be 34 in October.

I don't like trading away assets so give me OBJ or Chark or hit it in the draft.
:-)
[Reply]
REDHOTGTO 07:08 PM 03-20-2023
DO NOT want OBJ, drama queen and outside of one terrific catch whats he got that we aint got now ?
draft a hungry kid thats fast
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:11 PM 03-20-2023
If Moore takes the next step Kelce/Toney/Moore/MVS is fine Pacheco will have a big role in the offense as well
[Reply]
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Up