ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What will/should Veach do with the WR position group?
Do we trade for Hopkins and commit cap + picks to a 31 year old? 33 27.27%
Do we overpay for a weird egomaniac (talented freak) coming off a rehab year with OBJ? 6 4.96%
Do we have to overpay to get Mecole to return, since there are likely other bidders? 8 6.61%
Do we sign an elderly 32 year old Adam Thielen? 8 6.61%
Do we trade for an unnamed player that could be had? 8 6.61%
Do we sign an unnamed WR FA, former Chief or otherwise? (Please specifcy) 12 9.92%
Do we let it ride, and use the draft to fill the remaining WR spots? 46 38.02%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Poll: What should/will Veach do with the WR group?
Dante84 06:45 PM 03-15-2023
[Poll coming soon]

Right now we have MVS, Toney, Moore and... camp fodder. So what happens this offseason?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:42 PM 03-15-2023
Draft

Our existent guys are fine enough
[Reply]
srvy 07:44 PM 03-15-2023
Slayton or Chark I'd lean toward Slayton.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 07:48 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Rookie WR’s historically do not have immediate impacts in Andy Reid’s offenses… going back to his Philly days.

Tyreek was the only rookie WR to have a significant impact in an Andy Reid offense and he was more of a gadget player than a traditional WR.
That’s simply not true
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:53 PM 03-15-2023
Dumpster dive and draft.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:54 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I think they trade for Hopkins and draft a WR somewhere in the first 4 rounds.
Get real. Old and expensive. Not the Chiefs current model.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 08:01 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
This isn't the stupidest thing you've ever said.
Probably not. But I'm always willing to try.
[Reply]
Dante84 08:03 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Let's say you grab Nelson Agholor or Adam Thielen for 7m this year, I don't think that telegraphs much.

Grab a solid reserve OT like Josh Wells for a vet min deal or so that can respectably compete for either spot as a starter and be a quality swing reserve at minimum. Pick up a DT like maybe Watts on a vet min deal.

I think that puts you in a pretty solid area heading to the draft with no major holes.
I hear you, but I just feel like Nelson / Adam are such "meh" options for us as we head into Kelce and Reid's final stretches. Sure, we can do something next year too, but let's strike while the iron is hottest.

- KT's health is such a risk factor... banking on him playing all season is ballsy.
- MVS stepping up would be a necessity
- Skyy stepping up would be a necessity
- The Rookie understanding Reid's playbook and excelling out the gate would be needed

We would need 2 or 3 of the above 4 things to happen.

I feel like that's just playing too fast and loose with what should be a "go get it" opportunity.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:07 PM 03-15-2023
I never really poured over crap like this like some of you do, but at this point, I don't do it at all. Whatever happens happens. Veach is a masterful GM, and Andy and Mahomes will make any WR we sign better than he was in the past. In Veach, Andy and Mahomes I trust. I'm just going to sit back and watch and enjoy it.
[Reply]
Bump 08:08 PM 03-15-2023
I think Veach takes a more risk free approach, gets a cheaper vet like Thielan and probably another draft pick, pray that Skyy Moore develops into a productive receiver. Hope one of those guys that were on IR last season (Ross) can do something and you also have to hope that Toney can stay healthy.
[Reply]
Dante84 08:11 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Bump:
I think Veach takes a more risk free approach, gets a cheaper vet like Thielan and probably another draft pick, pray that Skyy Moore develops into a productive receiver. Hope one of those guys that were on IR last season, Ross and that rookie can do something and you also have to hope that Toney can stay healthy.
See, I feel like that is the more risky path, and getting Hop or OBJ is the more risk-free approach.
[Reply]
Bump 08:12 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Dante84:
See, I feel like that is the more risky path, and getting Hop or OBJ is the more risk-free approach.
ya, I see your point.

The Chiefs did win a playoff game with only 3 receivers, so they might think they can put anyone out there and be ok. But we have Veach, I'm sure he has a plan to address it. Looking forward to finding out what that is.
[Reply]
Dante84 08:14 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Bump:
ya, I see your point.

The Chiefs did win a playoff game with only 3 receivers, so they might think they can put anyone out there and be ok. But we have Veach, I'm sure he has a plan to address it. Looking forward to finding out what that is.
For sure should be interesting regardless
[Reply]
kccrow 08:14 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Dante84:
D-Hop is pricey and OBJ presents the most risk of any option (add in his supposed contract demands and he's expensive and risky). I'm not sure I see either as overly realistic.
[Reply]
Dante84 08:17 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
D-Hop is pricey and OBJ presents the most risk of any option (add in his supposed contract demands and he's expensive and risky). I'm not sure I see either as overly realistic.
Fair point. I view it as a worthwhile investment, but I’m not Veach.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:17 PM 03-15-2023
An old vet but if they come cheap enough so possibly Thielen sounds okay.

But I'm not on board spending real money or picks on a WR with any sort of injury concern because Toney already has that spot filled thank you.

So no DHop.

I don't know that much about the other options but KC isn't a borderline team that needs ti go all in rolling the dice.

And Toney really is a roll of the dice.

KC needs a healthy JuJu not 50% playing time Hammy Watkins
[Reply]
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up