ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 31
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>ESPN insider names Texans LT Laremy Tunsil as Chiefs trade target
Direckshun 01:43 PM 03-12-2023
Didn’t see it posted.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2023...laremy-tunsil/

ESPN insider names Texans LT Laremy Tunsil as Chiefs trade target

Could the Kansas City Chiefs go back to the trade market to find their left tackle of the future? One ESPN insider is watching a particular player closely if that’s the case.

ESPN’s Dan Graziano recently helped compile some last-minute free agency and trade buzz with the NFL’s legal tampering period kicking off at noon tomorrow. He mentioned that Houston Texans LT Laremy Tunsil could be a trade target for Kansas City if they’re unable to get a long-term deal done with Orlando Brown Jr. ahead of Monday.

Check it out:

Originally Posted by :
“One potential trade target I’m watching is Houston left tackle Laremy Tunsil. The Texans have resisted trading him in recent years, but he has just one year and a nonguaranteed $18.5 million left on his contract and could be a target of the Chiefs if they aren’t able to bring back Orlando Brown Jr.”
What would need to happen for a trade to materialize?

First, Houston would need to decide that they did not want to pay Tunsil a long-term contract extension. That would be a bold move considering they’re expected to draft a rookie quarterback and nothing is better for a rookie quarterback than an established left tackle.

Second, the two sides would have to agree on trade compensation. Would the Chiefs really be willing to potentially give up a first-round draft pick in 2023 (and potentially more) for Tunsil when they’re hosting the draft in Kansas City?

Next up, the Chiefs and Tunsil’s representation would need to first agree to a contract extension that would lower his 2023 salary cap hit. Right now, his cap hit would put the team over the cap.

Finally, Kansas City must view Tunsil as their “long-term solution” at left tackle. Will they envision him as such when he’ll be 29 years old in Week 1 of 2023? There is certainly nothing wrong with his ability — in three of the past four seasons, he’s been among PFF’s highest-graded pass-blocking offensive tackles. They should have no problem paying for that production, but would it be for more than one contract? It’s hard to say. When you draft a rookie in the first round, you get five years of control (fifth-year option), plus a likely sixth year of control through the franchise tag. Then you have the potential of re-signing that player to a long-term deal afterward.

There are certainly benefits to trading for Tunsil, but given what we’re hearing about what the Chiefs want out of the left tackle position this offseason, a trade might not be the route they take.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:47 PM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Calm the fuck down our resident CP Karen. One can make a joke without you flipping out about it.

Take a breather.

[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 04:48 PM 03-12-2023
Andy- If we're going to pay top dollar for a LT, I want it to be a top LT.

Veach- **** it, let's go get one!
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 04:50 PM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Bawahahahaha

That’s funny. Still don’t care Karen. I trust Veach what more than your keyboard pounding.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:55 PM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
PFF says he has slipped in run blocking but he’s elite in pass blocking:
PFF is absolute garbage
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:01 PM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Andy- If we're going to pay top dollar for a LT, I want it to be a top LT.

Veach- **** it, let's go get one!
Andy still calls the shots to all of Veach's scenarios he presents to Andy.
[Reply]
Marcellus 05:04 PM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
No, he didn't.
Amazing people actually believe that.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:04 PM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
You pay Tunsil and while he might not be the all around talent Trent Williams is, Tunsil is by far the best pass blocking LT in the NFL.

There is NO better LT in the league for Reid's system!

Could they use CEH or MVS? 2024 1st + one or both of CEH/MVS?

Could also make a splash and trade: This trade is actually spot on trade chart points wise!

Texans get:
2023 #31
2024 1st
2025 1st

Chiefs get:
Tunsil

At #12 take our pass rusher or WR or whatever. Texans take the picks to rebuild.
Jesus Christ, have you ever even won a game of Madden? 3 fucking 1’s?
[Reply]
Marcellus 05:07 PM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Yeah, except he did.
No he didn't Veach and Clark have both stated it was a joke. Seriously dude you think KC after winning the SB cares one fuck about trading the last pick in the 1st round that will happen so late nobody GAF anyway? The draft is already well underway by then.
[Reply]
Hoover 05:09 PM 03-12-2023
I just saw Veach down at the Price Chopper buying apples.

He said this was all BS.

Texans have picks, 2, 12, and 33

Seriously why in the F would they want pick 31?

Now if it was me, I'd skip taking a QB this season. Better QBs next year and you are probably still going to suck, so maybe getting future 1st round picks is more interesting to them.

Chiefs send 31 and something else for Tunsil and next years 1? Who knows.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:11 PM 03-12-2023
Tunsil is an absolute upgrade over Brown BTW
[Reply]
kccrow 05:12 PM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Upgrading Brown for the same contract would be nice, but I wonder why Tunsil would accept that deal when there’ll be a big market for him - guys like that just don’t become available very often. He’ll say he’s better than Trent Williams and younger and that deal is 2 years old, I should get a lot more.

The contract and trade cost seem likely to be high, and it also involves a bet that a guy who will turn 30 before the season can still turn in 3-4 years of elite production and stay healthy, which he hasn’t always.

I’m not against it, just concerned about the costs.
He's 28 and turns 29 in August (i.e. not 29 and turning 30). It's not ridiculous to imagine him playing through 5 years of a 6-year deal.

I'm hopeful this year's 1st is not part of the deal but if it is, it is. Tunsil is my favorite LT in the NFL so I'd be pretty giddy. I just don't want Veach to overpay either and when you start talking 1st round picks and mega deals, it's already getting there. It would be awesome if a 1st wasn't part of the deal, such as two 2's and a 3 or something, but I have a hard time thinking it wouldn't be. Would be nice if it is a 2024 1st if so.
[Reply]
penguinz 05:30 PM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
How on earth can the Chiefs make this deal without sacrificing their 1st?

You gotta think Clark would nix any deal that kills their 1st this year.
Clark has already said in interviews that the draft being in KC would not prevent them from trading out of it.
[Reply]
Eleazar 05:34 PM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I just saw Veach down at the Price Chopper buying apples.

He said this was all BS.

Texans have picks, 2, 12, and 33

Seriously why in the F would they want pick 31?

Now if it was me, I'd skip taking a QB this season. Better QBs next year and you are probably still going to suck, so maybe getting future 1st round picks is more interesting to them.

Chiefs send 31 and something else for Tunsil and next years 1? Who knows.
Yeah. The usual suggestion that they might be loading up to move up in the first obviously doesn’t apply when you’ve got the #2. And unless they are going after Lamar the QB market is settled.

It wouldn’t make sense to me to trade away a bookend LT if you’re drafting QB at the top of the first, but what do I know.
[Reply]
TEX 05:45 PM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Jesus Christ, have you ever even won a game of Madden? 3 ****ing 1’s?
:-)
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 05:59 PM 03-12-2023
Keeping Mahomes healthy and prolonging his career is ALWAYS worth it. Screw it do whatever it takes to grab Tunsil. Tunsil, Thuney and Humphrey covering Mahomes' blindside? Mahomes might throw for 6,000+ dead serious. He will absolutely sit back there and tear defenses asses apart.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 31
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up