ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 270
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:42 PM 03-01-2023
Absolutely not, plus people should realize by now that Veach isn't interested in older players and long contracts, unless of course that player is Travis Kelce.

DeAndre Hopkins will be 31 when the season starts and has a $30.75 mil cap hit next year and then a $26 mil cap hit the year after. When has Veach ever went out and gotten an old player on anything more than a one year deal? The only player he's attempted to get is Trent Williams and at the time Williams was regarded as the top LT in the game and lineman age better than WR.

This has 0% chance of happening.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:44 PM 03-01-2023
Not with that cap hit
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:44 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's all over social media. Let me see here in a bit (damn work) if I can find sources.
Is it just speculative rumors or something more? Has Dov Kleiman tweeted anything about it?
[Reply]
KCJake 01:46 PM 03-01-2023
What is it about this guy that I just don't like ... I can't seem to pinpoint it. He gives me the Cam Newton, Russell Westbrook vibes
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:49 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Absolutely not, plus people should realize by now that Veach isn't interested in older players and long contracts, unless of course that player is Travis Kelce.

DeAndre Hopkins will be 31 when the season starts and has a $30.75 mil cap hit next year and then a $26 mil cap hit the year after. When has Veach ever went out and gotten an old player on anything more than a one year deal? The only player he's attempted to get is Trent Williams and at the time Williams was regarded as the top LT in the game and lineman age better than WR.

Originally Posted by New World Order:
Not with that cap hit
We’re responsible for his base salary. Not the full cap hits.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:51 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:

Wut? Those aren't the cap hits for the team that trades for him. Arizona eats roughly 22 million in dead money and it's essentially a 2 year roughly 35 million dollar deal.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:51 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by KCJake:
What is it about this guy that I just don't like ... I can't seem to pinpoint it. He gives me the Cam Newton, Russell Westbrook vibes
His eyelids are always half mast thus making him look indifferent about everything
[Reply]
LoneWolf 01:51 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
For a second? No way. He's 30, and he's done very little since getting busted for PEDs.
717 yards and 3 TDs in 9 games last year with a suntanned Doug Flutie at QB isn't "very little."
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 01:52 PM 03-01-2023
I read this as Do You want IHOP?
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:52 PM 03-01-2023
We do, but we won’t want to pay him like DeHop

Now if he wants to come in for DeHip money, count us in.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 01:56 PM 03-01-2023
This isn’t the desperation of the Alex smith chiefs or the 90s failures.

We have Mahomes. We don’t have to trade picks for has beens. Thst reeks of pathetic and desperate.

If he comes here on a nfl vet min and incentives. Fine. Otherwise save the picks for youth.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:57 PM 03-01-2023
Jesus Christ Arizona :-)

More from @NFLPA on the Arizona Cardinals:

If players want dinner, it will be boxed up for them, but the team will charge them via payroll.

Players reported that if you work out at the facility after the season is over, the team charges you.

No other team does these things.

— Johnny Venerable (@JohnnyVenerable) March 1, 2023

[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 01:58 PM 03-01-2023
Unless he's taking a discount because he wants to win, this doesn't make a lot of sense.

You're trading a second and giving him a new deal, you may as well have just kept Hill. We literally just won a SB using the WR by committee strategy, doesn't seem logical to back track on that now.

I'll trust whatever they decide, but I think Albright is throwing shit at the wall. This doesn't seem like a very Veach-like move.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:59 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
This isn’t the desperation of the Alex smith chiefs or the 90s failures.

We have Mahomes. We don’t have to trade picks for has beens. Thst reeks of pathetic and desperate.

If he comes here on a nfl vet min and incentives. Fine. Otherwise save the picks for youth.
Whoa now trading for a future HOFer doesn't reek of desperation.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:04 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
717 yards and 3 TDs in 9 games last year with a suntanned Doug Flutie at QB isn't "very little."
And people seem to be forgetting that Murray's season ended in week 10 or 12. DHop had Colt McCoy, B. Rypien, And McSorley as his QBs for almost half the season.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 270
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Up