ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 258
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2023 Free Agency
O.city 11:01 AM 03-01-2023
Figured we could get one of these going as well.

Who's some guys we like, would like to see in KC?
[Reply]
kcgreene 01:22 PM 03-02-2023
"This year, Jones, according to a league source, wants an extension that will make him at least the second-highest player at his position. In June, Aaron Donald, the Los Angeles Rams’ superstar defensive tackle, signed a three-year, $95 million contract restructure."

Considering second is 21AAV (DeForest Buckner) and Aaron Donald is 31.67AAV, thats a massive gap in contract space to be the 2nd highest player...
[Reply]
RunKC 01:25 PM 03-02-2023
Yeah I don’t see us being active in FA. Maybe a guy in the 2nd wave.

We should be good for an Eric Reid or MVS type player/contract.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:35 PM 03-02-2023
Originally Posted by kcgreene:
"This year, Jones, according to a league source, wants an extension that will make him at least the second-highest player at his position. In June, Aaron Donald, the Los Angeles Rams’ superstar defensive tackle, signed a three-year, $95 million contract restructure."

Considering second is 21AAV (DeForest Buckner) and Aaron Donald is 31.67AAV, thats a massive gap in contract space to be the 2nd highest player...
Sounds like, at least according to the 'league source', Jones isn't wanting Aaron Donald money. So better than Buckner money is our target range.

So 4 year, $90 million with $45-55 mil. gtd? You good with that Chris? If so, let's get it done.
[Reply]
nychief 06:25 AM 03-03-2023
https://theathletic.com/4270330/2023...shared_article

According to multiple league sources, the Chiefs are interested in adding a veteran at the position, someone who will compete with Buechele and Oladokun for the role during training camp and the preseason. This spring, the open market includes several quarterbacks who could be interested in working alongside Reid and Mahomes, including Teddy Bridgewater, Jacoby Brissett, Marcus Mariota, Andy Dalton, Taylor Heinicke, Gardner Minshew, Carson Wentz and Chase Daniel.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:32 AM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by nychief:

According to multiple league sources, the Chiefs are interested in adding a veteran at the position, someone who will compete with Buechele and Oladokun for the role during training camp and the preseason. This spring, the open market includes several quarterbacks who could be interested in working alongside Reid and Mahomes, including Teddy Bridgewater, Jacoby Brissett, Marcus Mariota, Andy Dalton, Taylor Heinicke, Gardner Minshew, Carson Wentz and Chase Daniel.
Of that list, I've always kind of liked Minshew.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:40 AM 03-03-2023
Need Tubby Tubman for QB sneaks
[Reply]
O.city 07:16 AM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by nychief:

Of all those I’d say give me brissett
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:40 AM 03-03-2023
Taylor Heinicke would be the perfect backup.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:55 AM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Of that list, I've always kind of liked Minshew.
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Taylor Heinicke would be the perfect backup.
These are the two.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:05 AM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Taylor in FA would give you a pathway to moving on from Orlando Brown on the other side.

Much easier to stomach the idea of a rookie at LT if you have a proven, above-average vet at the other spot.
I don't think I'd sign Taylor unless I think I can convert him to LT.

Because odds are that rookie OT will need to play RT in the near term anyway. Taylor at RT really wouldn't make me that much more comfortable in a rookie LT. I'm just going to have a really hard time warming to that idea.

If we are going to get a LT from the draft, the time to do it is the year before you have to. A rookie LT just isn't a good idea. Even the best have a really long learning curve and the odds are exceptionally high that we take a significant step back at the position for a year and possibly 2.
[Reply]
In58men 09:11 AM 03-03-2023
Free agent WR Marcus Kemp is following his offensive coordinator to Washington. He signed with the Commanders this morning, per source.

Kemp is reunited in Washington with Eric Bieniemy, the offensive coordinator with whom he's spent most of his career.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:30 AM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Agreed.
[Reply]
Woogieman 09:48 AM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Agree...always been somewhat impressed by Brissette when he's played the Chiefs (considering him as a backup). In a great system and staff, I think he would be a fine backup.
[Reply]
O.city 09:59 AM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I don't think I'd sign Taylor unless I think I can convert him to LT.

Because odds are that rookie OT will need to play RT in the near term anyway. Taylor at RT really wouldn't make me that much more comfortable in a rookie LT. I'm just going to have a really hard time warming to that idea.

If we are going to get a LT from the draft, the time to do it is the year before you have to. A rookie LT just isn't a good idea. Even the best have a really long learning curve and the odds are exceptionally high that we take a significant step back at the position for a year and possibly 2.
This is why I just don't think they're gonna roll out a rookie LT.

People are gonna be mad when we pay OBJ and we're gonna go thru this whole thing every game. Should be a real fun time.
[Reply]
bigjosh 10:06 AM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by In58men:
Free agent WR Marcus Kemp is following his offensive coordinator to Washington. He signed with the Commanders this morning, per source.

Kemp is reunited in Washington with Eric Bieniemy, the offensive coordinator with whom he's spent most of his career.

How does this make sense when the league year hasn’t turned yet and he was on our super bowl roster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 5 of 258
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Up