ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 162 of 258
« First < 62112152158159160161162 163164165166172212 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2023 Free Agency
O.city 11:01 AM 03-01-2023
Figured we could get one of these going as well.

Who's some guys we like, would like to see in KC?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:07 AM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Would cost min ~$26.5m this year, if we we were messing around with bringing in Taylor and Tunsil... maybe? I think we've got ~$14m, we could restructure CJ and move MVS in the Hopkins deal to save another $7m.

Kelce
Hopkins
OBJ
Toney
Mckinnon

Pretty insane top 5 targets.

OBJ looks ready to play JuJu's routes, and maybe stay healthy with that extra muscle.
We aren’t trading MVS… he won us the afc championship game for us
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 02:13 AM 03-20-2023
A Chris Jones extension is paramount if the Chiefs are to acquire a big fish WR via trade or FA. As it stands the Chiefs have very little money to spend when you consider they have to sign their draft picks.

By Chris Jones's excitment on Twitter it appears they've verbally reached an agreement and Chris is out enjoying his offseason. There is a lot that has yet to happen.
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 02:46 AM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Chiefs have only selected one WR in the 2nd round, Hardman. Of the 2nd round picks Andy's had since he became HC@KC, the only two that stand out at all are Chris Jones in 2016 and Jeff Allen in 2012.

Not saying anything really, but the record of our 2nd rounders hasn't been very notable in a positive way.
UHHH....Bolton, Creed Humphrey, and Mitch Morse were pretty good too.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:20 AM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Yeah.

The only thing I know for sure is that Brett Veach is pretty fuckin' smart.

I don't see them relying on that without some reinforcements.

I don't think Veach takes a shit without a pivot plan, so we'll see what he does.
No doubts. I am fully confident in that. He has more than earned the benefit of the doubt from me.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:26 AM 03-20-2023
I'm still 100% skeptical that it's a Dhop or OBJ signing. It just doesn't fit anything at all that they've done in team building since 2018.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:26 AM 03-20-2023
Would cost min ~$26.5m this year, if we we were messing around with bringing in Taylor and Tunsil... maybe? I think we've got ~$14m, we could restructure CJ and move MVS in the Hopkins deal to save another $7m.

Kelce
Hopkins
OBJ

Toney
Mckinnon

Pretty insane top 5 targets.

OBJ looks ready to play JuJu's routes, and maybe stay healthy with that extra muscle.
I would be fine with one of the two, but not both if the price is right. In Madden this works very well. Kelce will get his targets and receptions, would Hopkins and OBJ be fine not being the #1 guy here?
[Reply]
BossChief 08:44 AM 03-20-2023
Judging by OBJs tweets, he’s not too interested in taking a smaller contract and my best educated guess is he waits till training camp to sign somewhere hoping it will help his leverage if a big name guy gets hurt.

Hopkins will get traded before the draft.

I guess we will see how much he meant the line that he’s willing to work with the salary and what Arizona will accept for him.

I know Mahomes is magic, but we do need more in that WR room.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:55 AM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I'm still 100% skeptical that it's a Dhop or OBJ signing. It just doesn't fit anything at all that they've done in team building since 2018.
They already tried to get Beckham when he was released by the Browns and also tried to get AJ Brown too so that's just not true Chris.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:05 AM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
They already tried to get Beckham when he was released by the Browns and also tried to get AJ Brown too so that's just not true Chris.
I think what he’s saying is their age doesn’t align with the guys Veach has targeted in the past for big moves.

With the exception of Silverback.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 09:30 AM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I think what he’s saying is their age doesn’t align with the guys Veach has targeted in the past for big moves.

With the exception of Silverback.
They just sent a scout to OBJ's open workout so that might indicate that age isn't an issue here.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:36 AM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
They also offered Tyreek Hill a massive contract extension.

He just wanted even more so they balked.

This narrative that we are going to give a prime Mahomes nothing but bargain basement WRs is based on nothing except that last year they couldn't get a higher price target at a price they wanted
[Reply]
O.city 09:38 AM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
They also offered Tyreek Hill a massive contract extension.

He just wanted even more so they balked.

This narrative that we are going to give a prime Mahomes nothing but bargain basement WRs is based on nothing except that last year they couldn't get a higher price target at a price they wanted
Yeah, I do think the whole "he can make Jags look good" narrative is a bit out of whack. Last year seems more of an outlier compared to what they've wanted to do most years.

We shall see I guess.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:47 AM 03-20-2023

Nine Eagles played at least 700 defensive snaps in 2022.

5 of the 9 signed with a new team this offseason (Epps, Edwards, White, CJGJ, Hargrave).

— Mike Clay (@MikeClayNFL) March 20, 2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:51 AM 03-20-2023
I'd give him the kind of deal we signed JJSS to last season.

But he ain't gonna take it.

I'd probably give him a deal like we gave MVS; effectively a 2-year deal that is drafted as a 3 year deal to keep the year 1 money down. I don't think he'd take that one either.

I just think he wants the bag. If so, I'm not inclined to give it to him.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:55 AM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'd give him the kind of deal we signed JJSS to last season.

But he ain't gonna take it.

I'd probably give him a deal like we gave MVS; effectively a 2-year deal that is drafted as a 3 year deal to keep the year 1 money down. I don't think he'd take that one either.

I just think he wants the bag. If so, I'm not inclined to give it to him.
I think Veach already offered him the Juju deal because he tweeted out that he doesn't want $20 million but $4 million isn't high enough.
[Reply]
Page 162 of 258
« First < 62112152158159160161162 163164165166172212 > Last »
Up