ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 66 of 435
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076116166 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:58 AM 10-03-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I don't know who this Jared person is so we don't know how legitimate his take is. But if this is correct, then Clark is basically single blocked 75% of the time. If that is truly the case then yeah, he has not lived up to the billing so far. Not even close.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:00 AM 10-03-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Hoping that Clark turns it around (and obviously he will to some extent), but I'm fearful that he was just flat out overrated.

I watched his 2018 highlights, and I certainly didn't see the dominant physical presence that we heard about. Frankly, he even seems kind of weak. Half the time, he can barely get the players to the ground (remember when he had to piggyback Jackson for 10 minutes until they blew the whistle).

Most of his sacks seem to be either coverage sacks or sacks that fell into his lap. He rarely seems to blow up a lineman or make a good move.

The most disappointing thing is that he just doesn't seem that powerful.

Hate to say it, but I think we're going to regret letting Ford go. Like him or not, that dude was consistently up the QB's ass and disrupting plays.
I can't argue with most of this post. I can see it going either way. But the last part about Ford, I disagree. Ford is injured way too often. Not worth giving him a big contract.
[Reply]
O.city 11:13 AM 10-03-2019

.@Chiefs @TheRealFrankC_ is seeing a lot of double teams but he expects that and has a plan when he sees it; expectations are high when the wallet gets filled. The effort is their; the production has to be better. I think Frank knows that; needs a breakout game #BaldysBreakdowns pic.twitter.com/fivyKTB8uj

— Brian Baldinger (@BaldyNFL) October 3, 2019

[Reply]
Aspengc8 12:32 PM 10-03-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Good stuff by Baldy.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:03 PM 10-03-2019
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
Good stuff by Baldy.
He shows, what, 8 plays there?

Clark got doubled once. And that was with a TE as the first point of engagement; someone he should be defeating fairly routinely. The first 'double' wasn't a double; the Chiefs sent 3 when Nnadi dropped into a short zone (weird) and the G had nobody to block so he found the nearest guy. Again, that's not a designed double - the defense wasn't planning for him there, it just happened that way. The 2nd to last play where the RB was chipping him is the only other play with 'designed' attention and it's tame compared to what great edge players regularly see.

Clark's not drawing an inordinate amount of attention, regardless of how badly people want it to be so. And nobody's questioned Frank Clark's effort - right now we're flat out questioning his ability.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 05:09 PM 10-03-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Clark got doubled once. And that was with a TE as the first point of engagement; someone he should be defeating fairly routinely. The first 'double' wasn't a double; the Chiefs sent 3 when Nnadi dropped into a short zone (weird) and the G had nobody to block so he found the nearest guy. Again, that's not a designed double - the defense wasn't planning for him there, it just happened that way. The 2nd to last play where the RB was chipping him is the only other play with 'designed' attention and it's tame compared to what great edge players regularly see.

Clark's not drawing an inordinate amount of attention, regardless of how badly people want it to be so. And nobody's questioned Frank Clark's effort - right now we're flat out questioning his ability.
Yeah its only a small sample size show by Baldy. He had substantially more attention the first 3 games than vs the Lions, I've watched all the film. I could care less about the sacks as long as they are generating a rush with 4, his gap integrity vs the run worries me the most. He's not punching and getting into his gap at all, lineman are getting in close and holding their block. Either way he needs to play better.
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:27 PM 10-03-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

The very last play on the video is really the only one that he looked half way decent and made Stafford rush his throw. On the play where he misses a sack I've seen people try using that as evidence that he played well and just missed the sack, but that's not the case at all. Stafford feels the pressure from the other side and saw that FC came down inside so Stafford booked it around the edge and almost ran into a sack. On the run play the RB starts up the middle, but Frank tries shooting inside and doesn't keep edge containment and gets hooked and that allows the RB to cut back and make a big run, because FC didn't do his job.

He looks weak. All of the times he tries to bullrush he becomes a non factor and is easily blocked by the OT. He doesn't look like the kind of guy that can over power the OL. He was trying to loop around the lineman, instead of taking a direct line towards him. I don't know if he will be able to produce like he did in SEA, because it looks like he needs alot of time to get a sack, since he tries to just run around the lineman or engage and spin.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:46 PM 10-03-2019
Frankly (pun intended), I’m tired of taking a pussified approach to these players. These overpaid MFs have had our support for decades and we have zip to show for it. We’re expected to continue to baby them and say atta kid, keep doing your best! Fuck that. Get your ass out there and play like your life depends on it. I’m betting he’d have more than one sack in that event.

And if you’re not strong enough to bull rush, get your ass into the gym and get yourself on a dedicated diet with a personal chef. If Christian fucking Bale can transform from the machinist to Batman in mere months, you can add a little strength.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 07:39 PM 10-03-2019
Clowney is dominating while Frank Clark needs excuses and plays viewed under a microscope to find something hes doing well. .
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:47 PM 10-03-2019
I wonder if Clark's hand is more hurt than we know - the one he injured in camp.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:20 PM 10-03-2019
Clark is not getting the lineman's hands off him and he's getting controlled. He needs to with better technique and much more active hands. He's putting himself into awkward angles on the blocks he does get off. The one play he did get a hit on Stafford, he's lucky he didn't eat dirt before he got there. It's a him problem, not attention from additional blockers. I expect this shit from a rookie, not a guy getting paid $100m.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:20 PM 10-03-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Clark is not getting the lineman's hands off him and he's getting controlled.
This might...literally...be because...of a bad hand.

This makes more sense to me than anything. The guy had as much production as Mack the last 35 games.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:52 PM 10-03-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
This might...literally...be because...of a bad hand.

This makes more sense to me than anything. The guy had as much production as Mack the last 35 games.
Wouldn’t bet on it. Hasn’t wore a brace or anything on that wrist to my knowledge.
[Reply]
TEX 12:42 AM 10-04-2019
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
Clowney is dominating while Frank Clark needs excuses and plays viewed under a microscope to find something hes doing well. .
Yep. And Clowney just got to Seattle... Thus far it appears that Clark is in no way worth the $$$ he's being paid and / or what it cost to acquire him.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:36 AM 10-04-2019
I didn’t realize that Ford led the league in pressures last year.

He may literally be the best pass rusher out there right now and we couldn’t get rid of him fast enough.

Spare me the offsides bit. I fault the crooked refs for that anyway. That normally gets a warning. Notice that the flag came out after the interception. Can’t let ol Tommy be denied of another SB appearance.
[Reply]
Page 66 of 435
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076116166 > Last »
Up