ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 239 of 435
« First < 139189229235236237238239 240241242243249289339 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:40 AM 12-01-2020
Clark has sucked this year. No doubt about it. But this time last year he started to turn it around and played a lot better.

Hopefully that's what plays out here.
[Reply]
kcclone 10:41 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Frank Clark is currently tied for 45th in the NFL for sacks with four. Let that sink in for a second. $100 mill = tied 45th in rhe NFL in sacks.

Oh but don't worry he is going to turn it up during the playoffs
I can live with it if he turns it on in the playoffs.

That’s what matters right now.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:45 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by kcclone:
I can live with it if he turns it on in the playoffs.

That’s what matters right now.
Of course.

He def isn't worth the contract i think everyone except the homers can agree on that but no GM nails every move they make.

We'll have to wait and see how he does.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:46 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Again, it isn't black or white.

He COULD turn it up during the playoffs. We know he could because he did it last year. The whole defense did.

There's no real reason to doubt they can't do it again unless you're just a doubter by nature, which is of course fine.

But you're right, he's WAY overpaid at this point. It's going to hurt us going forward because his cap hit is just too much considering his performance.
The best thing the Chiefs could do to protect their investment on the DL is invest a 1st round pick on a DE. That would help Jones and Clark significantly if we could get at least some pass rush from that other DE.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:49 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The best thing the Chiefs could do to protect their investment on the DL is invest a 1st round pick on a DE. That would help Jones and Clark significantly if we could get at least some pass rush from that other DE.
I like this way of thinking especially w Spags as our DC who has a good history w beast defensive lines. Also w how much teams pass nowadays I feel like pass rushers are more valuable than they ever were before.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:51 AM 12-01-2020
Of course.

He def isn't worth the contract i think everyone except the homers can agree on that but no GM nails every move they make.

We'll have to wait and see how he does.
Yea thinking he’s still worth it if he repeats his playoff/SB performance from last year and we win another SB is totally homer talk!
[Reply]
O.city 10:52 AM 12-01-2020
This.

Defense these days is about having 11 good players. I think the days of having holes covered by elite players are just gone. Offenses are too good and the league is too geared towards offense.

When you have a stacked defense like say, last years 9ers team or the Steelers this year, your Watts and Bosa's make a huge difference because they have guys around them.

When it's just them, it's just too easy to pick that team apart, especially over the long haul of the season. I think you pay the stars for when the lights are the brightest though.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:56 AM 12-01-2020
Yea thinking he’s still worth it if he repeats his playoff/SB performance from last year and we win another SB is totally homer talk!
I seriously doubt he repeats his SB and playoff performance but hopefully you are right. I want him to tear it up in the playoffs as much as anyone.

Still, even if he does you don't pay a guy $100 million and trade a 1st round pick for him just so he plays good in the playoffs. You pay a guy that much and give up a 1st rounder so he dominates during playoffs and regular season.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:59 AM 12-01-2020
I seriously doubt he repeats his SB and playoff performance but hopefully you are right. I want him to tear it up in the playoffs as much as anyone.

Still, even if he does you don't pay a guy $100 million and trade a 1st round pick for him just so he plays good in the playoffs. You pay a guy that much and give up a 1st rounder so he dominates during playoffs and regular season.
I can’t bring myself to care about regular season production as long as this team is winning SB’s.
[Reply]
-King- 11:02 AM 12-01-2020
We need to get a pure pass rusher. I don't care how good he is at run defense, how good he is at pass coverage, etc. Just see passer, attack passer, and that's it. Oh yeah and do go offsides.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:05 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
This.

Defense these days is about having 11 good players. I think the days of having holes covered by elite players are just gone. Offenses are too good and the league is too geared towards offense.

When you have a stacked defense like say, last years 9ers team or the Steelers this year, your Watts and Bosa's make a huge difference because they have guys around them.

When it's just them, it's just too easy to pick that team apart, especially over the long haul of the season. I think you pay the stars for when the lights are the brightest though.
Yea you add somebody like Azeez Ojulari, Patrick Jones, Jayson Oweh, Joseph Ossai, Carlos Basham etc. and you legitimately have 4 guys that can get after the QB assuming Wharton continues to develop.

Lucky for us this is a great EDGE class.
[Reply]
O.city 11:15 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
We need to get a pure pass rusher. I don't care how good he is at run defense, how good he is at pass coverage, etc. Just see passer, attack passer, and that's it. Oh yeah and do go offsides.
Nah, you need all around good players up front. It's too easy for offenses to identify guys good vs the run and shitty rushers etc.

Super athletic DL are the way of the future.
[Reply]
O.city 11:16 AM 12-01-2020
The problem the Chiefs will have is, most of those types of guys go super early in the draft. So it's hard to get one.

They're gonna have to hit a few guys that may have a rough spot or two and coach them up.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:18 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
The problem the Chiefs will have is, most of those types of guys go super early in the draft. So it's hard to get one.

They're gonna have to hit a few guys that may have a rough spot or two and coach them up.
Trust me, not a problem this year. The depth of this edge rusher class is phenomenal.
[Reply]
O.city 11:21 AM 12-01-2020
Trust me, not a problem this year. The depth of this edge rusher class is phenomenal.
Even so, thats a position that usually gets picked over pretty good early. I'd be surprised if one of the top level ones is there in the late 30's.
[Reply]
Page 239 of 435
« First < 139189229235236237238239 240241242243249289339 > Last »
Up