ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 97 of 172
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107147 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:39 PM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
The Starved Rock Murders on HBO Max is a good watch
This was a good one. Interesting story from a unique angle.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:54 PM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
I’m about to start ZeroZeroZero on Prime. Looks to be a good one.
I suggested that about 6 months ago...it's good.

I also turned off the voice-overs and went with Italian in Gomorrah...I watch a lot of vintage foreign stuff so reading the subtitles wasn't a chore. Improved the quality five fold... only a few episodes in.
[Reply]
eDave 04:46 AM 01-11-2022
Season premier of Snowfall coming up in February. The final episode last season was a bit trope but it's an excellent show.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:00 PM 01-11-2022
Gemstones is back, 2 words

ALL

CYLINDERS!!

That is all. . .
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:56 PM 01-11-2022
I want to find a good series - i just finished New Blood and am in the middle of Book of Boba. I just couldn't finish Yellowjackets. Let's face it - it's a weak series when it all boils down to it.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:53 AM 01-12-2022
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I want to find a good series - i just finished New Blood and am in the middle of Book of Boba. I just couldn't finish Yellowjackets. Let's face it - it's a weak series when it all boils down to it.
Being you have a Lynch avatar...you might dig Brand New Cherry Flavor...it was definitely fucked up.
[Reply]
rydogg58 12:24 PM 01-12-2022
I watched The Undoing on HBO the past couple days. It's got Nicole Kidman, and Hugh Grant as a married couple that get tangled up in a murder. It's pretty good, up until the last episode. Then it's just ridiculous and stupid.

Bonus, the murdered gal has a rocking body and she shows it all off multiple times.
[Reply]
sully1983 04:15 PM 01-12-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Being you have a Lynch avatar...you might dig Brand New Cherry Flavor...it was definitely ****ed up.
I've been meaning to binge that series (I've only heard good things and I dig really fucked up shit so it looks right up my alley)
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 07:23 PM 01-12-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Gemstones is back, 2 words

ALL

CYLINDERS!!

That is all. . .
What are your delicates doing in my room?
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:07 PM 01-12-2022
The Giallo vibe of ZeroZeroZero is superb. It’s wild yet stylish and the synth throughout is perfection. Despite not loving a couple main characters, I’m thoroughly enjoying this.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:44 PM 01-12-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
The Giallo vibe of ZeroZeroZero is superb. It’s wild yet stylish and the synth throughout is perfection. Despite not loving a couple main characters, I’m thoroughly enjoying this.
We’re 3 episodes in, and really like it! Thanks to BlackOps for suggesting it. Been on my watchlist for a bit. It’s good, not quite Gomorra good (at least to me), but still really good.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:50 AM 01-13-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Being you have a Lynch avatar...you might dig Brand New Cherry Flavor...it was definitely ****ed up.
awesome, thank you for that!
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:54 PM 01-13-2022
I watched season one and the first episode of S.2 of Gomorrah...it was good up until like episode 8 and then the writing fell off a cliff....I know it's 8 years old but will list my grievances in a spoiler. I think I'm on to something else...
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:27 PM 01-13-2022
Re: How to With John Wilson

Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
This is eminently worth a check out, I thought I had recommended the first season, but I can't find it right now.

It's pretty much what you get a sense of from the trailer. An odd-duck NYer who has an eye for detail narrating some of his observations about city life.

Kind of a cross of Joe Pera Talks with You and Koyaanisqatsi. . .

EDIT - a sample, and yes that is [was?] Paul Atriedes.
An inspiring clip on fostering creativity, . . with a twist

[Reply]
Buehler445 04:37 PM 01-14-2022
I did Station Eleven. I'll be goddamned if it isn't straight up compelling. It's pretty high brow. Normally high brow shit doesn't work for me, but this one did. It got it's hooks in me pretty good.

I do have to say you have to suspend your "cut the shit" reactions, because like most dystopians, there is a lot of shit that just won't work in real life, but whatever, it's a well told well acted compelling story.

I don't know what you all think of Mackenzie Davis, but I'm a fan. Other than the Martian, the only thing I've seen her in is Halt and Catch Fire. She isn't particularly pretty, but she does it for me. She can be very pretty when she tries to be, and seemingly never wears a bra. :-) But she carries a heavy load in this one and really knocks it out of the park. What she portrays is a very very complicated situation, and it's never not believable. They even ask her to do some physical stuff, which is a big ask as rail thin as she is and it was better than I expected.

This one really asks a lot of the viewers. Accordingly I should re-watch it because it's a big watch. But it does a good job of swinging for the fences without getting overly preachy. I think there is a book? I haven't read it, but would be interested to hear from any that have.
[Reply]
Page 97 of 172
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107147 > Last »
Up